FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/25 DLC - Malmsteen, Killers, Soundgarden and Lamb of God!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: 11/25 DLC - Malmsteen, Killers, Soundgarden and Lamb of God! Reply with quote

This week's DLC features two three-packs and three singles. Score-tracking is now up:

• Caprici Di Diablo by Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by HylianHero), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Red Devil by Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force
    Chart previews: Guitar, Bass, Drums (video by Duck), Vocals (video by ???)

• Damnation Game by Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force
    Chart previews: Guitar, Bass (video by DevilMayAsian), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Spaceman by The Killers
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by ???), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Mr. Brightside by The Killers
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by ???), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Smile Like You Mean It by The Killers

• Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden

• Pretty Noose by Soundgarden

• Laid to Rest by Lamb of God

Each three pack is available for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points), and all tracks are available individually for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points). Available on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and PLAYSTATION®Network now.

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by HylianHero on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HylianSH
bug  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason beyond me, i find Laid To Rest's slow megadeth beat harder because it's slower.
Npeaen  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soundgarden songs are not up yet.(2:36AM PST)

the NXE has made getting these tracks beyond difficult. The marketplace doesn't update, it stops you from downloading via the music store until you head back to the dash.... Then the tracks aren't in active downloads meaning you have to go to download history.....

*smashes face into wall*

And then that damn Diablo song.....

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoilers: Caprici is fucking hard. I got a video of my sightread pass (you'll see how close I came to failing) uploading to Youtube at the moment.

Red Devil seems significantly more fun, and LtR's bass line is pretty badass till you get to the end, where it's just unnecessarily obnoxious. There's those things called "manually placed ho/po's", Harmonix...no need to make the chart like that, though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yngwie Malmsteen pack is loads of fun on guitar.
2 good power metal songs with a good melodi and fun solos and a instrumental that almost made me fail it while playing on hard.

Bathory and Summoning rules.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TB688
skywilliam  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert Drums review:

The Killers:

Spaceman:
- Most fun drum solo so far released in game. The rest of the song is fun, but fairly easy. It's all about the solo.

Mr. Brightside:
- Sightread FC? O.o It's not the easiest of FC's, but it's just standard hihat rolls and snare rolls at a slower tempo. But I didn't see a sightread FC comin... It mixes up just a little.

Smile Like You Mean it:
- The most fun of this pack outside of Spaceman's solo. Still mostly an average song, but has some fun parts.

Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force:

Red Devil:
- standard patterns, with a few mini fills, and a couple really tough Dream Theatre style massive fills toward the end.

Damnation Game:
- More upbeat then Red Devil, fun roll fill sections, and some genuinely tough sections. An easier FC for the great drummers out there, but still might take some runs.

Caprici Di Diablo:
- easiest song of the bunch if you and Sleepwalker's bass pattern are exclusive. Can be difficult, much like most drummers sightread of Sleepwalker.

Laid to Rest:
- Like I said with Caprici, you have to know sleepwalker fairly well, but this is a slower tempo. Best drum track of the week. With the absence of Soundgarden anyway...

Recommend: Spaceman and Laid to Rest

Last edited by skywilliam on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Npeaen  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone had made Caprici out to be the hardest song ever, but I passed it sightread. And I still can't pass any boss battles, any dragonforce, Jordan or Thrasher.

Of course I wasn't recording since I'm throwing my other videos through a premiere processor first since I'm on a slow internet connection this week....

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
chidori  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive gotta say, I was letdown by caprici di diablo. I almost sightread fced it. (missed in pre-verse 2 only lol) its still insanely fun though as are the other yngwie songs on guitar.
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laid to Rest - why is this pattern fucking me up when the tempo is so much slower then Sleepwalker. Fuck you, brain.
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chidori wrote:
ive gotta say, I was letdown by caprici di diablo. I almost sightread fced it. (missed in pre-verse 2 only lol) its still insanely fun though as are the other yngwie songs on guitar.

EDIT: apparently he did it on stream. apparently im a douche.

i dont know what to think anymore.

On topic: from what i saw of damnation game, this pack is epicly awesome.

Last edited by Yusuke on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Npeaen wrote:
Everyone had made Caprici out to be the hardest song ever, but I passed it sightread. And I still can't pass any boss battles, any dragonforce, Jordan or Thrasher.

Of course I wasn't recording since I'm throwing my other videos through a premiere processor first since I'm on a slow internet connection this week....
Because it's horribly undercharted... the sweeps should be 2x the speed kind of like the solo towards the end... all in all the pack wasn't that hard, 5 starred easily on sightread, went back and gs'ed. the damnation bre freakin got me though... kind of embarassed about that. :-)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
thespike  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, is there an actual charted drum solo in Spaceman? Like blue and everything?
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thespike wrote:
Wait, is there an actual charted drum solo in Spaceman? Like blue and everything?

If so, proof of drum solos in DLC = fkin AWESOME

EDIT: Also anywhere I can find tiering =), I have PS3 and im out of town anyways, and wikipedia doesnt have them anymore << wtf.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Laid to Rest was a bitch to 5* on drums... this coming after I almost golded Sleepwalker yesterday. ¯\(°_o)/¯
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitar outro on LtR = all strumming

fun > accuracy

imo

edit: wait PRETTY NOOSE?

OMFG!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: