FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Solo buttons, so how do we use them exactly?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
So far only 2nd solo of greengrass has it been useful or end wankery.

If you ask me they're a HUGE help during the Run to the Hills solo.
*nod*

lilsushi wrote:
during some solos there are chords can u tap the chords?
Yes, I also tap the RO chord at the end of that tapping run in the above mentioned solo, plus I've tried it on other chords, so yes, it works.
*nod*

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was too poor to buy rock band....so i rented the disc....kept it and modded my x-plorer to have 5 more frets on the lower end and wired it to the strumming....so i win...lol
lumberofthebeast  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mooregasmtx wrote:
i was too poor to buy rock band....so i rented the disc....kept it and modded my x-plorer to have 5 more frets on the lower end and wired it to the strumming....so i win...lol
Pix or it didn't happen.
mooregasmtx  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberofthebeast wrote:
mooregasmtx wrote:
Pix or it didn't happen.

sure thing dude just have to get my cam from my sister...she borrowed it to take pictures of her first thanksgiving with her family but i will put pics up asap
JWideman  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The solo buttons seem ideal for two handed tapping. Has anyone tried this yet?
.GH  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell are you doing bumping months old topics?

Seriously stupid, nice way to get your post count up.
fm20000  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the solo buttons were a good idea but i just hate using them. If they were bigger I could use them better and another problem i have isn't with the guitar its how the notes are on the screen. why did they change them to squares instead of circles? I can't see the spacing that well so I always have to guess which ones are hammer ons. They should have kept the setup for guitar the same as guitar hero.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilsushi wrote:
during some solos there are chords can u tap the chords?

yes

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
JWideman  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.GH wrote:
What the hell are you doing bumping months old topics?

Seriously stupid, nice way to get your post count up.

So you're saying I should start new topics instead of responding to old ones? The threads may be inactive, but they aren't dead.
Nantook  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Finishes are sooooo incredibly easy with the solo buttons. Instead of using your left hand to hit them, use your right hand and just slide up and down super fast. Switch fingers once whatever one you're using feels like it's on fire. I have never lost a big finish online using this method and generally end up with at least 1000 more than the opponent
JWideman  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nantook wrote:
Big Finishes are sooooo incredibly easy with the solo buttons. Instead of using your left hand to hit them, use your right hand and just slide up and down super fast. Switch fingers once whatever one you're using feels like it's on fire. I have never lost a big finish online using this method and generally end up with at least 1000 more than the opponent

What I do is use one finger for each button, just like with the regular buttons. On some songs it's not hard at all to do two hand tapping this way, and in fact works very very well.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nantook wrote:
I have never lost a big finish online using this method and generally end up with at least 1000 more than the opponent

Because nobody understands how to play a Big Rock Ending for points.
It's not about hitting a large number of notes.
All you need to hit is FIVE NOTES A SECOND, as long as they're the right notes.

As long as you know the "secret," ( http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3238 ) and are capable of playing one G-R-Y-B-O scale every second and a half, the solo buttons offer almost no advantage in BRE scores.

BRE maximum scores are 500 points a second, plus 150 points per note column at the very beginning. Hit each column fast at the start, hit the last notes late, don't leave a note column neglected for over 1.5 seconds. That's all that matters.

Myself, I don't care unless I'm close to Gold Star Land. I'd rather wail on the buttons, have fun, and reduce my score in the process. That's where the solo buttons shine, since you can both rock out AND get high scores.

But if I was playing against someone, you bet your bottom dollar I'd use the boring scale method at the very end. It's gotten me over 11,700 on Foreplay/Long Time's BRE, and since the highest possible score is ~12K, I'd say it works as well as the solo buttons do.
Twang  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered...can you play regularly with the solo buttons? By that I mean, when not in a solo section, use the solo buttons as regular buttons?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
JWideman  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
I've always wondered...can you play regularly with the solo buttons? By that I mean, when not in a solo section, use the solo buttons as regular buttons?

Absolutely, though it's harder if you're used to the regular buttons.
martel  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't beat Green Grass & High Tides solo 2, so I decided to try the solo buttons, and it's not honestly helping at all. i can't time the part correctly. getting pissed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WZWMartel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: