FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
mouse pad drum mod/silencers? also blockhead bass pedal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robbyx4595  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: mouse pad drum mod/silencers? also blockhead bass pedal? Reply with quote

so I picked up those circular staples mouse pads to use for the pads. I kinda ghetto taped them on by looping electrical tape and I notced I was losing some sensitvity. I didn't cut them down at all so they over hnag the edges a bit. is there anything important to know like a better way to put these on or if they should be cut? also if anyone has the blockhead pedal, how is it

FinalSunrise  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that pedal sucks, and the only thing you can do is penny mod it if its an EL to increase sensitivity, but seriously, what did you think would happen when you put mouse pads over a sensor?
robbyx4595  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FinalSunrise wrote:
that pedal sucks, and the only thing you can do is penny mod it if its an EL to increase sensitivity, but seriously, what did you think would happen when you put mouse pads over a sensor?

it's a qm and I'm pretty sure you can't penny that. it's a just that ibite used them and I thought if they were good enough for him they be great for anyone. I'll try to ask him on YouTube. /me prays for a response.

Holabano  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QM's are usually more sensitive. as for the blockhead pedal, Final, have you even used this pedal?

if you add a rubber stop to the bottom, it's the same concept as the destroyer pedal, except it's on a spring instead of a chain. very light, but durable and easy to use. I'm too used to my Pearl pedal/kickbox combo to try anything else out.

get it if you're on a tight budget.

Accomplishments Thread. DLCQ.
ION Rocker/Pearl 900/Roland KD-7.
FinalSunrise  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend has it and i had to play on it, so yes, unfortunately i had to use it
Floovenx05  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this, and i had to say. If you use the pads, Dont EVER use the sticks with them. it will barely pick up any notes. play with wooden sticks and you'll be fine. it will pick up most notes for the most part. As for the pedal..... Just.. No.

TopazGrl wrote:
I tried finding out what the name "Flooven" meant but couldn't find it anywhere so I gave up and will call you Jesus for now on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: