FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fix your 1st gen strum bar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killoff  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way to add a click?
Vanguard  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad that I just opened up my guitar to see that it's NOTHING like the one in the picture. There's no metal spacers or anything...just a normal switch that's angled in with some shitty foam underneath. A little plastic nub comes off the strum bar to make contact with the switch. Now I'm baffled.
nfamouswun  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i opened my guitar today because i had double strum issues. i didnt see the light sensitive tape. when my friend opened his i was playing drums so i didnt really pay attention to him. i just heard him cursing about it. im gonna ask him exactly what he saw. he pulled it out and kind of waved it at me but i was preoccupied. but since i didnt see one in mine just disregard what i said for now until it up with him on monday.

my guitar had the switches in the picture and it fixed the double strum problem i had like a charm.
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanguard, it sounds like you may have a newer model of the guitar. When did you get it? Also, are you having any problems with it? If you are, then are they the same problems people with the "old" strumming system are having?

sanchny  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent post, very detailed. Haven't tried it, but if mine craps out then I hope the inside of my guitar is the same as the one in the first post so I can try this.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanguard wrote:
It's too bad that I just opened up my guitar to see that it's NOTHING like the one in the picture. There's no metal spacers or anything...just a normal switch that's angled in with some shitty foam underneath. A little plastic nub comes off the strum bar to make contact with the switch. Now I'm baffled.

I've read this a few times here and there. Did it look like the picture below?

I found this one in the following thread:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1902

I have a question to anyone out there who has recieved a replaced guitar from EA's warranty program and has opened guitar up. What does the strum mechanism look like?

The jury is still out on the two metal contacts (although, it doesn't look like such a bad idea - assuming everything is made to stay in place), but the picture above doesn't look so good IMHO.

Tamran
Vanguard  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's exactly what mine looks like. I picked up my stuff from an EB Games 6 days after launch. The problem I'm having is the same exact thing as everyone else...downstrums won't work. The thing that made me so upset about mine is that it crapped out after no more than an hour and a half.
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamran, are those white pieces of tape the light sensitive pieces? Did they change color or anything when you opened the guitar up?

krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guide fixed my doublestrum problem (which was pissing me off to no end), so this gets the Krim Seal of Approval (tm).

Stickied. (b^^)b
Tamran  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
Tamran, are those white pieces of tape the light sensitive pieces? Did they change color or anything when you opened the guitar up?

Not sure Bob.

I pasted that pic from another thread. There seems to be a lot of tape though ... which doesn't have quality written all over it.

My strum bar started acting up today and I took it apart. Sure enough the metal contacts on the downstrum were loose (tiny screw). I think I fixed it up OK ... but I'm going to RMA the guitar.

I hope to confirm that the "new" strum system has changed. If not, I may just get some loctite from work to secure the screws a bit. I may also use the elastics to stabilize ... hopefully adding more spring.

On another note, my frets on my second replaced GH3 Les Paul are crapping out. I think it'll be time to take that one apart, remove the connector on the neck altogether and just fuse it all together with new wires.

While I'm at it I my just get some LEDs and hack the crap out of the Les Paul. My patience is growing thin with these new generation of peripherals. The SG for PS2 was so damn good! Them were the days. :-(
metasynthie  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo I went from a downstrum that only worked 50% of the time to almost FCing "Reptilia" with only downstrums! (And the two missed notes were totally my mistake.) Thanks so much for the guide!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Metasynthie
DesktopMan  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an early importer in Europe I was angry but not surprised when down strum started double strumming randomly. I haven't tried the guide yet but I think i will.

Have anyone asked for replacements shipped somewhere else than the US or Canada? (e.g. regions it's not on sale yet)
nfamouswun  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i talked to my friend about the tape. he said there is a piece of plastic wedged between the two halves of the guitar so that when it seperates it comes out.
poiuytman  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfamouswun wrote:
i talked to my friend about the tape. he said there is a piece of plastic wedged between the two halves of the guitar so that when it seperates it comes out.

So the light-sensitive tape is now a piece of plastic? Get your story straight, and take a picture of what you're talking about (or what your friend of a friend of a friend is talking about). Because it sounds like BS.

I've opened up a few first-gen Stratocasters, and haven't seen any sort of light-sensitive tape. The only plastic pieces that fall out are the strap attachment knobs.
slickpitt  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried this and it worked perfect! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: