FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
drum fill glitch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juste119  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: drum fill glitch Reply with quote

has this happened to anyone yet?

quite a few times there have been a drum fill but the colors were washed out on it and there were the normal notes for the song ontop of it. My band has actually failed because of it because that fill was supposed to revive a band member.
Killoff  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened to me once or twice >_<
cloudian  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something similar happened to me once while i was playing

after a fill a green note just randomly popped up out of nowhere

i missed it of course, i was over on the RY pads about to kill that section when i saw a green come out of nowhere on the board and fly by

«Greatlargotastic!»
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
cloudian  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no...

after that

how stupid do you think i am?

after the crash note a whole "*NEW*" green note appeared halfway down the fretboard

«Greatlargotastic!»
Kilde  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this happening in multiplayer. I have yet to test this hypothesis, but the times that I notice it are when you have energy and see a fill section coming up, but a band mate fails out before you get to playing the fill section. Anyone else notice it in those situations?
phoenix4417  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its happened to me twice and made us fail a song we couldnt pass all night lol. Then my bass pedal snapped so GG no passing the song after that.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x]
Get 100% on 65 songs on expert [ ] (63)

I could easily have all of these goals finished but I never play GH3 much and when I do I am not going for these goals lol. I usually just play coop/PFO.
mr-apples  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This glitch seems to happen when another band member fails while the drummer is in the middle of a freeform fill/SP activation.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr-apples wrote:
This glitch seems to happen when another band member fails while the drummer is in the middle of a freeform fill/SP activation.

I concur. I saw it happen in exactly this fashion online a few days ago. When the other member failed, my fill section reverted to the original notes on top of the fill-solid-colors.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has happened a few times on different songs, but only when playing multiplayer. This is definitely a bug, but is so intermittant it would be tough to troubleshoot for the programmers.

I figured it out after a few times and just play the notes like normal. Meaning, when this happens the game thinks you are not in a free fill. I guess this would be simply a video glitch.

Tamran
Plaguefox  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah, this happened to me again just last night.

It definitely seems like it's happening when a band member fails just as your drum fill comes up. In other words, the worst possible time if you're the only one with spare Energy to save the bum who failed. I'm assuming from my inability to do so that you can't actually activate Overdrive when this glitch happens? I might just be messing it up, but if this does happen right when a band member fails and does prevent you from activating Overdrive I could see it ending a lot of duo sessions.
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my theory on why this happens.

If you enter Overdrive and your bandmate failes, the Overdrive mode is disabled. Perhaps a drum fill is seen as a "Pre-Overdrive" mode, and when a band mate fails, this Pre-Overdrive mode is disabled in the same fashion, reverting back to the normal Non-Overdrive mode.

Or maybe the game has no idea what the fuck is going on and what I said has no bearing on the reasons behind the glitch.
Zknet  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Here's my theory on why this happens.

If you enter Overdrive and your bandmate failes, the Overdrive mode is disabled. Perhaps a drum fill is seen as a "Pre-Overdrive" mode, and when a band mate fails, this Pre-Overdrive mode is disabled in the same fashion, reverting back to the normal Non-Overdrive mode.

Or maybe the game has no idea what the fuck is going on and what I said has no bearing on the reasons behind the glitch.

Basically, when a bandmate fails, the game stops anyone's current OD. (IE, if I was a guitarist and had OD activated, it would stop it to give me a chance to use it to save a bandmate if I had enough left.) I assume this is an unwanted byproduct of that feature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: