FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/11 Album DLC - The Colour and the Shape - Foo Fighters!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickles  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most fun i've had playing rockband. Period.

Playing on expert drums BTW. The songs aren't challenging but they are all really great songs. On guitar i imagine it's a bit less fun but if you like the foo fighters, and you like rock band, and you have $20, This is a great edition to any setlist.
-----
This was my first rockband album, now i can't decide which one to get next... I totaled it up and I'm gonna need like 8000 points to get all of the DLC that i want. Megadeth and Rush are next though. ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum/Vox vids are up.

1. Doll
2. Monkey Wrench
3. Hey, Johnny Park!
4. My Poor Brain
5. Wind Up
6. Up in Arms
7. My Hero
8. See You
9. Enough Space
10. February Stars
11. Walking After You
12. New Way Home

For drummers, Monkey Wrench, My Hero, New Way Home are the most fun to play and are must-haves. Those on the fence might also consider Up in Arms, Enough Space and Hey, Johnny Park for being good all around tracks.

Enjoy the vids!

Last edited by nivlac on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 pm; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: nivlac919
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the music a lot, but I'm only picking up Monkey Wrench, Hey Johnny Park, and My Hero. The rest of the songs don't seem a whole lot of fun in the Rock Band setting. Also might pick up See You, because I love songs that swing 8th notes. :3

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
Npeaen  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhatTrumpet wrote:
As always, Nulien's been kind enough to upload vids of the guitar charts (beware of the mangina):
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Npeaen&view=videos

And S1ckH4nds has uploaded bass charts:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=S1ckH4ndsBass&view=videos

Overall I'd say this is more of a vocals/drums pack if anything. Foo Fighters are one of my favorite bands, but I don't know if I'd get this if I were mainly a guitar guy (I dabble in all instruments, so I probably would get this, but I'm on PS2...). Also note that most of the songs are rather short, so as far as music-for-your-money goes...

Well.... at least you got the first letter right? Then it all went to hell in a handbasket.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh48Finn wrote:
is this an album of chordfests for guitar

Affirmative. Even if I was considering getting it, $20 is pretty steep for mostly short songs where 2/4 instruments are negligible.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
Teh48Finn wrote:

Affirmative. Even if I was considering getting it, $20 is pretty steep for mostly short songs where 2/4 instruments are negligible.

Fortunately for me, those 2 negligible instruments are the instruments I never play.
Torchy  

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Npeaen wrote:
PhatTrumpet wrote:
As always, Nulien's been kind enough to upload vids of the guitar charts (beware of the mangina):
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Npeaen&view=videos

And S1ckH4nds has uploaded bass charts:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=S1ckH4ndsBass&view=videos

Overall I'd say this is more of a vocals/drums pack if anything. Foo Fighters are one of my favorite bands, but I don't know if I'd get this if I were mainly a guitar guy (I dabble in all instruments, so I probably would get this, but I'm on PS2...). Also note that most of the songs are rather short, so as far as music-for-your-money goes...

Well.... at least you got the first letter right? Then it all went to hell in a handbasket.

To be fair, it's pretty difficult. I thought it was "Npaean" or "Npaen" for a good while. Lol at completely misidentifying it into Nulien, though.

Now I just think of you as "The Medic".

OKTOBERFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: StaticWatrmelon
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
Teh48Finn wrote:

I had a joke with my friends about Guitar Hero 3 -- I had never hit 500,000 on any song when I played at home. (Yeah, there's a few you can do it on, but I hadn't at the time.) Then I went over to my friend's place, where he has some of the DLC, and hit 500k on each of the songs in the Foo Fighters pack on the first try.

Now, it's pretty much a running joke that Foo Fighters songs = 500k...it takes a partner in Rock Band since the point totals are halved, but it still seems to pretty much be true. I certainly have gotten some ridiculous totals on Everlong compared to other similiarly-lengthed songs.

My friend downloads everything while I pick and choose, so I'll just wait and play them there, but if we've got chordfests, I'm going to be chanting "five hundred kay" during each song.
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol...Nullian.

And, Npaean (If you ever see this) will you be doing a RB/GH2 comparison chart?

Oh...and my friend downloaded the album, I love vocals on all the songs. It's just as fun as BSSM.

Damn, could someone spare some points?
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, nothin really appealing to me like cheesey 90's stuff. it would be something if it were challenging, but it just seems boring
stxbomber191  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was seriously disappointed by the version of Walking After You that they chose... I have one that sounds quite a bit better on drums and that wouldn't put one to sleep while playing it.

I discovered that there are two different versions of the song, so I guess I should be mad at the Foo Fighters for putting the wrong one on this album.

That said, I am still going to pick up the entire thing on Thursday or Friday and proceed to play the entire thing in order.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough Space: Now drums can have zigzags too!
Npeaen  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes-BasSMaNiac07 wrote:
Lol...Nullian.

And, Npaean (If you ever see this) will you be doing a RB/GH2 comparison chart?

Oh...and my friend downloaded the album, I love vocals on all the songs. It's just as fun as BSSM.

Damn, could someone spare some points?

Probably, each one of those videos can take anywhere from three to five hours of work to get it just right, so finding the time to do one can be hard to find. Since the Ace of Spades one I have not been able to find time to do another one. Which was going to be War Pigs or Carry On My Wayward son, but will now be Monkey Wrench due to higher relevance.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Fortunately for me, those 2 negligible instruments are the instruments I never play.

Really, you joined Scorehero in Jan 07 but don't ever feel compelled to play plastic guitar?
HerbieHero  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stxbomber191 wrote:
I was seriously disappointed by the version of Walking After You that they chose... I have one that sounds quite a bit better on drums and that wouldn't put one to sleep while playing it.

I discovered that there are two different versions of the song, so I guess I should be mad at the Foo Fighters for putting the wrong one on this album.

That said, I am still going to pick up the entire thing on Thursday or Friday and proceed to play the entire thing in order.

I was almost expecting them to use the rerecorded version of Walking After You. It's from a movie soundtrack, but I can't remember which one. It would have been more fun on drums, but I think it would have broken up the flow of the album a bit for when you're doing a full-album playthrough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: