FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CASHPRIZE Framingham, MA SAT 01/10/09 Rock Band 2 Tour 1pm!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: CASHPRIZE Framingham, MA SAT 01/10/09 Rock Band 2 Tour 1pm! Reply with quote

Framingham, MA SAT 01/10/09 Rock Band 2 Tournament 1pm!

Where: Game Universe 1251 Worcester Rd Framingham, MA 01701

When: 01/10/09 1pm

Age Limit: All Ages!

System: XBOX 360. All band members must play HARD or EXPERT

Instruments: Full Band Tournament IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BRING YOUR OWN GUITARS.

Admission Fee: $10 per person ($40 per band)

Tournament Format: Open for discussion... we may do something new this time!

Prizes: CASH Store Takes 20% Venue Fee out of main pot Prizes 50% of Entrance Fees 1st Place 30% 2nd Place 20% 3rd Place We have TONS of video games for all systems for sale so there will be plenty to pick from if you win!

II: Contact Information

Phone Number: 508 370 4263

E-mail Address: Please Call or message on Myspace

The September Tournament was sick! Really, really close competition!

Please try to bring your own instruments!!!! This is HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

You are allowed to play in 2 bands as long as at least one person in that band wasn't in another band. This will ensure single people won't miss out and will make for a bigger prize pool!

EVERY SINGLE SONG THAT HAS EVER COME OUT THAT IS AVAILABLE TO PLAY IN ROCK BAND 2 is fair game. EVERY Rock Band 2 Song, EVERY Rock Band 1 song that is transferable, and EVERY DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT SONG! Except YYZ do to no vocals.

You can play in more than 1 band. This makes it so no one will be left out.

You also can not pick any song twice.

If bands are tied there is a 1 song playoff.

PLEASE TRY TO BRING YOUR OWN SINGER! and INSTRUMENTS!

There was a severe lack of singers at the last tournament.

If you don't have enough people, plan on bringing extra money to pay for someone else to sing in your band if you plan on meeting up with someone. Someone that's nice enough to fill a hole in your band that is already in a band shouldn't have to pay to play in both bands....

Last edited by GameUniverse on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are still 100% allowed to play in more than 1 band... this insures no one will be left out if they come alone.

I would like people to continue any rule changes or new ways to run the format in this thread...

We are thinking about...

Each band picks 1 song and all the bands play all the songs... If 2 bands pick the same song a random song will be added.
boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameUniverse wrote:
We are thinking about...
Each band picks 1 song and all the bands play all the songs... If 2 bands pick the same song a random song will be added.

SWEET! i agree, count my vote for this one.

I'm definately going, i dunno if by bro's up for this on bass, but my weak point is vocals. CALLING ALL VOCALISTS!!!!!!!!!
my awesome drummer might be up for this, and i'm definately going.
I've been doing voxtar lately, but i still kinda suck.

I still think there should be a tournament a bit sooner, these are quite addictive.

and jamie, don't feel compelled to play in 4 bands again, you were kinda swamped, and i'm sure i can figure out something beforehand.

BLUE BLOODED FICTION FTW!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!11!!!!!ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HyadesD4  

Location: A long-ass fuckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, I'll be home around then. I'm really excited for this now.

POWER EDITS:

I'm willing to sing for up to 2 other bands, but under a specific set of conditions.
(1) If your band is in a situation where winning could mean my main band is eliminated, I MAY be obligated play on Hard (lol peer pressure).
(2) I may ask for credentials of both your whole band and your individual members if you request that I sing for you.
(3) If you have any plans to play DLC songs, let me know before the tournament so I can familiarize myself with them.

I'm a Top 40 vocalist, with 83 FCs as of today. Here are my scores:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=253494&game=2&platform=2&size=1&team=0&group=4&diff=4
(Don't worry about RB1 songs, I know those just as well.)
I've also been bestowed the title "Best Vocalist Ever Guy" by Jamie, lol.

Bands I will sing in:
1. Death By Cowbell
2. {open spot, post request here}

I kinda liked the format you've been using, since it presents 2 different types of competition. If you just minimize downtime and keep things moving (i.e. bands must be on time for their matches), this format will work fine.

This is gonna be a great time!

MasterNobody wrote:
And somebody make D4 a banner! ^^^ He's an awesome guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Last edited by HyadesD4 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyadesD4 wrote:
I'm willing to sing for up to 2 other bands, but under a specific set of conditions.
(1) You cover half ($5) of my entry fee.
(2) If your band is in a situation where winning could mean my main band is eliminated, I will play on Hard.

There will be no whoring yourself out for other bands! I realize that you are a good singer, but negotiating entree fees in exchange for a possible cash prize is really shady and should not be discussed on this board. And you cannot sing for 2 other bands. He said you may play for 2 bands, not 3 or more. Also, if it were up to me, if you are playing in two bands, you should be forced to play on the same difficulty (and hopefully to the best of your ability) People playing in more than one band is unfortunately a necessity to fill band spots and should not be employed as a tactic to win or save money.
Lets try to keep this competition as friendly and as healthy as possible!

With that being said, I'm looking to form a supergroup myself. If I'm attempting for form the best band, I will limit myself to either vocals or bass. There are a lot better guitarists and drummers out there. I might already have a guitarist (Gaara72), but am primarily looking for an expert drummer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww not until January? Oh well, I guess I have to go
I Did It 4 Teh Lulz will need a vocalist again, so if anyone's up for playing with three other 14 year olds that tied for second last time please contact me! (Our guitarist can get 750k+ on TTFAF, drummer gets 99% on Battery + TPG, and me, the bassist can get 400k+ on TTFAF and bass is pretty easy... so ya lol)
boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briguy, i just FR you on XBL, maybe i could try your skillz as a singer sometime. BTW, look no further than myself for a supergroup.

oh, and who was that guy who, like, practically FC'd boddhisttva? (gaara?) If bro doesnt want to be bass i'd like him to join, but only if he wants.

/crosses fingers
HyadesD4  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:

There will be no whoring yourself out for other bands! I realize that you are a good singer, but negotiating entree fees in exchange for a possible cash prize is really shady and should not be discussed on this board. And you cannot sing for 2 other bands. He said you may play for 2 bands, not 3 or more. Also, if it were up to me, if you are playing in two bands, you should be forced to play on the same difficulty (and hopefully to the best of your ability) People playing in more than one band is unfortunately a necessity to fill band spots and should not be employed as a tactic to win or save money.
Lets try to keep this competition as friendly and as healthy as possible!

With that being said, I'm looking to form a supergroup myself. If I'm attempting for form the best band, I will limit myself to either vocals or bass. There are a lot better guitarists and drummers out there. I might already have a guitarist (Gaara72), but am primarily looking for an expert drummer.

I apologize for that, it has been edited appropriately. I'm just really excited for this. I may still sing on Hard for a few songs, since my main band was almost eliminated last time due to sharing our drummer. I think it's only fair that if you don't bring a vocalist, the one you get is somehow limited. If there was no sharing of vocalists, most bands would probably just bring a friend who can barely pass medium, so they're lucky that GU allows sharing. I can see that our opinions differ on this, so I won't talk about it anymore.

If you're looking to form a supergroup, I might hop on the boat if you can get some really good players together. We could post some of the better scores, too. I might also sing for a band that really needs the help, like I did at the 8/1 tournament. I'd still like to know ahead of time who I'll be with, though.

MasterNobody wrote:
And somebody make D4 a banner! ^^^ He's an awesome guy and doesn't afraid of anything.
boberta13k  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal update:
my brother has a meeting during the tournament, so that sets me back a bassist/guitarist. anyone who's really goo want to be our guitarist?
or: can anyone put a name on that awesome dude who pretty much owned at guitar, but ended up doing vocals? it'd be a good step for my band if he joined us.

oh, yeah, and i still need an expert vocalist!
Friedmannn  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
Personal update:
my brother has a meeting during the tournament, so that sets me back a bassist/guitarist. anyone who's really goo want to be our guitarist?
or: can anyone put a name on that awesome dude who pretty much owned at guitar, but ended up doing vocals? it'd be a good step for my band if he joined us.

Was it BriGuy your talking about? I think Gaara and my guitarist were the only people there that incredibly owned at guitar.

boberta13k  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friedmannn wrote:
boberta13k wrote:
Personal update:

Was it BriGuy your talking about? I think Gaara and my guitarist were the only people there that incredibly owned at guitar.

naw, not briguy, a bit more stout than him, but definately not your guitarist. if it is gaara, i'm sorry for my lame minded confusion.
if it helps get an answer, there was one point in which he FC'd the chord progression considered REALLY HARD in boddisttva.
HyadesD4  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
Personal update:

If you're having issues putting a band together, I'm willing to sing for you.

MasterNobody wrote:
Friedmannn  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
Friedmannn wrote:
boberta13k wrote:
Personal update:

naw, not briguy, a bit more stout than him, but definately not your guitarist. if it is gaara, i'm sorry for my lame minded confusion.
if it helps get an answer, there was one point in which he FC'd the chord progression considered REALLY HARD in boddisttva.

Oooooh I remember that, but I have no idea who it was I don't think it was Gaara.

boberta13k  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyadesD4 wrote:
boberta13k wrote:
Personal update:

If you're having issues putting a band together, I'm willing to sing for you.

well, i dunno if you're a really good choice, because my band pretty much has the potential of yours. as said earlier, you ARE in favor of your band, as you should be. it would be dastardly to make it to the final rounds and have even the slightest chance of an advantage over us. worse comes to worse you're in my band, and i dont think thats a bad thing (For you )
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason we allow people to sing in more than one band is because if we didn't ... a lot of people wouldn't come.

Last time we would have only had like 5 bands if we didn't allow member sharing. I'd rather have a good tournament with a lot of bands than a crappy one with like 4 bands which would eventually kill the scene.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: