FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack - Now Available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Torchy  

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack - Now Available! Reply with quote

11thhour wrote:
JCirri wrote:
The standalone AC/DC Live game uses the original Rock Band engine, so if you play the tracks from there please submit those scores under Rock Band (not Rock Band 2).

Let me know if you have any questions, and enjoy!

so if it is transfered to your hard drive and you play it with RB2 disc in, it still plays RB1 or no?

What he means by that is, if you play the AC/DC Live songs on the actual disc you buy, ie in the same way you'd put the RB2 disc in and play that, it uses the Rock Band 1 engine and as such any scores you get there should be entered under Rock Band 1.

Once you use your code to redeem the songs to your hard drive, they play like any other DLC; it's not like the game itself rips to your hard drive, just the songs, which you then play on Rock Band 2 like any of your other download tracks - and THOSE scores go under RB2.

Simply put,

If you play the AC/DC songs with the AC/DC Live disc in: Scores go in Rock Band 1
If you play the AC/DC songs with the Rock Band 2 disc in: Scores go in Rock Band 2.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 songs for $40? A bit pricey if you ask me. I'll just wait till Christmas or something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: XBishopxX
djHaQ  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why, if you take in that each song would be worth $1.99, plus the $4.17 extra for achievements if you buy the 360 version (or, hell, just consider each song $2.23).
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: TheHakku PSN Name: TheHakku
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I should pick this up - like everybody else, I think $40 is kind of steep, and I'm really not a fan of AC/DC (=bland, pentatonic ass rock IMHO).

However, I am completely underwhelmed by World Tour (to the point of regretting purchasing the box, and wishing I could get a refund on it), and I definitely think that Rock Band 2 will be my staple from now on.

Meh - I'll probably end up getting it - at least some of the guitar parts sound challenging.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
reddevild  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PotatoHandle wrote:
No Riff Raff. I'm dissapointed, that'd be the best GH song ever, bar none.

Oh well still an awesome pack. Makes me contemplate buying RB1 when it finally decides to release here in Aus.

EDIT: Wait, this is a standalone game? Dammit. We'll probably never see it here. You stole our Aussie music, you yank bastards! ._.

Yes, i know Riff Raff is awesome, but the track pack is the entire Live at Donnigton Concert taken straight from the DVD (i had to double check while playing it)

and Personally, it was so worth the $40, now if January 7th would come faster so i can see them in Pittsburgh

GQD2008 wrote:
The real way of hitting that fill is with a 9 iron. Or your mom.

fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
I'm not sure if I should pick this up - like everybody else, I think $40 is kind of steep, and I'm really not a fan of AC/DC (=bland, pentatonic ass rock IMHO).

However, I am completely underwhelmed by World Tour (to the point of regretting purchasing the box, and wishing I could get a refund on it), and I definitely think that Rock Band 2 will be my staple from now on.

Meh - I'll probably end up getting it - at least some of the guitar parts sound challenging.

Did you get the full box? If so, many retail chains like BB treat it like game hardware- i.e., fully returnable. I had the same thought and returned my WT box to the store I work at before trading in a few games to Gamestop (including AC/DC ) to get the stand-alone disc for $10. Tool, ATDI, and Mars Volta= best "$10 DLC" eva.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
FiftyQuid  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if I use the code and then I lose my hard drive? I will have a legit copy, but with a used code. I'm guessing I would be out of luck.

P.S. - Still no sign of the AC/DC disc in Canada.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FiftyQuid wrote:
What happens if I use the code and then I lose my hard drive? I will have a legit copy, but with a used code. I'm guessing I would be out of luck.

P.S. - Still no sign of the AC/DC disc in Canada.

Both Microsoft and Sony keep records of everything your account has downloaded, so you should be able to re-download in a similar manner to normal DLC.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Phoenix654Rocker  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bishopx wrote:
18 songs for $40? A bit pricey if you ask me. I'll just wait till Christmas or something.

I though so too, but then I realized the people at Wal-Mart don't know a lot about video games. A buddy of mine and I both wanted it, but we agreed that $40 was too much, even for AC/DC. So, I bought one, used the DLC code, went back to the store, told them the disc didn't work (it was loose in the case when I bought it, so it was kinda scratched up anyway), got a fresh copy with a new DLC code. So, 18 songs for $20 I can handle. Gotta love Wally World's return policy.
Rock and Roll it will survive....

*Awesome Guitar Solo*

-AC/DC, Rock Gods
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Phoenix654
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheep! Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheep! Dirty Deeds and the Done Dirt Cheep! Ohhhhhhhh!
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
wuLFe wrote:

Did you get the full box? If so, many retail chains like BB treat it like game hardware- i.e., fully returnable. I had the same thought and returned my WT box to the store I work at before trading in a few games to Gamestop (including AC/DC ) to get the stand-alone disc for $10. Tool, ATDI, and Mars Volta= best "$10 DLC" eva.

I got the full retail box from Target (had a gift certificate there) - the problem is I live about 45 minutes away from the nearest Target, so I'm worried about driving all that way only to have to swap it for another copy of the same game. The game is decent enough that I want a copy, but the drums are craptastic, and I already have enough guitars and mics that a stupid slide bar is not really worth the $190 extra

Still - you've given me some hope - Maybe I'll try and take it back, buy the standalone game, and some other goodies!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I hate to be extremely negative but this is the biggest waste of money I have spent (Even a bigger waste than Aerosmith or the BMX bike I bought when I was little and only tried for a week.)

For some reason I thought this would be a really fun set of songs but I played 10 and literally almost fell asleep. They are ridiculously easy besides a few and the solos everyone fails on aren't fun or complicated or anything that would make me want to learn how to hit them. They are basically just FSA but slower.

I suggest you only buy this if you really like the band and just want to listen to their music. As far as gameplay goes, this has been one of if not the worst pack I have played.

On the bright side Thunderstruck is fun.

Edit: Well, before giving up on this set of songs completely I went through and played the rest of the solos. The only song that was fun other than Thunderstruck is Whole Lotta Rosie.

Edit2: This is also only on guitar. The other instruments may be fun.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x] (64)
Get good at fast strumming [x]
Stay top 5 in RevDS and HooT [x]
Kanogul  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TelekineticBear wrote:
Wait theres no walmart in the UK so how do I obtain this?

Walmart.com? Or maybe eBay.
PegasusActual  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix654Rocker wrote:
bishopx wrote:

I though so too, but then I realized the people at Wal-Mart don't know a lot about video games. A buddy of mine and I both wanted it, but we agreed that $40 was too much, even for AC/DC. So, I bought one, used the DLC code, went back to the store, told them the disc didn't work (it was loose in the case when I bought it, so it was kinda scratched up anyway), got a fresh copy with a new DLC code. So, 18 songs for $20 I can handle. Gotta love Wally World's return policy.

Got to love committing fraud.
bishopx  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha well as far as the pack goes, how fun are the guitar charts? I refuse to look at any of the charts until my sightreads so i was wondering if It was even worth the 40 dollars!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: XBishopxX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: