FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rabies Vocal Accomplishments - 12/27 - 34/58 FCs to date
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabies  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Rabies Vocal Accomplishments - 12/27 - 34/58 FCs to date Reply with quote

Current list of Vocal/Expert 100% - 34 so far
In Order I achieved them

1 (Don't Fear) The Reaper
2 Vasoline
3 In Bloom
4 Blitzkrieg Bop
5 Paranoid
6 Go With The Flow
7 Orange Crush
8 Black Hole Sun
9 Dani California
10 Can't Let Go
11 Maps
12 Main Offender
13 Time We Had
14 Highway Star
15 Green Grass and High Tides
16 Pleasure (Pleasure)
17 Reptilia
18 Wanted Dead or Alive
19 Wave of Mutilation
20 Celebrity Skin
21 Say It Ain't So
22 Learn To Fly
23 Creep
24 I Think I'm Paranoid
25 Here It Goes Again
26 Dead on Arrival
27 Should I Stay Or Should I Go
28 Flirtin' With Disaster
29 Day Late, Dollar Short
30 Seven
31 Electric Version
32 Are You Gonna Be My Girl
33 Enter Sandman
34 Welcome Home

Dec 27: With the lastest batch of 6 FCs over the last couple nights, I am up to 34. The problem is that the remaining songs are getting harder and harder to FC.

Dec 16th: PLATINUM ARTIST BABY!
Expert bass/expert vocals. I was so scared of failing, that I always saved overdrive on bass...and ended up never coming close to needing it....with the exception of the end of foreplay/long time...almost failed out on vocals there. Tough to do that section when you are not looking at the vocal line.

Last edited by rabies on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:37 pm; edited 16 times in total
SalBasss  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, rabies. This sounds so cool I can't even explain. Strangely, I feel jealous that you got to sing Tom Sawyer, even though I could go sing it right now (just without scores). Someday...

Regardless, keep up the work and hopefully we'll see you in the top ranks soon! It's always great to see the SH recognizable names atop leaderboards.
Draktyr  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gold star Tom Sawyer? Wow, that's amazing. Nice work
rabies  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update with some pics...first the recent FCs...neither are first place though..so I need to tweak when I use overdrive:

I know my Ozzy songs! Whoo!

Easy Song - no wonder it is first on the list

Finally..here is a near FC...I missed on the last freaking phrase of the song! ARGH! I will probably try for this again tonight....I wanted to sing other songs last night so I didn't bother to try again for the FC...this is just shy of first place..I know a FC will take first:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rabies, do you feel as if you have a good singing voice or do you think you're just good at getting the right pitch of songs? I wonder because I know I have a terrible voice but am good at getting the right pitch. do you think you need to have a good singing voice to be good at all these songs is what I'm saying, I guess.
edit: also, I'm finding and adding you to my friends list.
rabies  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackerRiley wrote:
Rabies, do you feel as if you have a good singing voice or do you think you're just good at getting the right pitch of songs? I wonder because I know I have a terrible voice but am good at getting the right pitch. do you think you need to have a good singing voice to be good at all these songs is what I'm saying, I guess.
edit: also, I'm finding and adding you to my friends list.

My singing voice is ok depending on what kind of music. It would certainly be geared towards pop or light rock type singing..and definatly not metal. I would love to sound like bruce, but me signing Iron Maiden sounds ridiculous....my voice is too....umm... not cool enough

As far as the game...it does not care what your voice sounds like..only that you hit the pitch..nor does it care about words...when sightreading songs, I don't even bother with reading the words..I just moo moo moo (yea..moo....my wife was rolling) along and try to hit the pitch..I found trying to read the words and pitch at the same time would lead to faster failure...by just focusing on pitch....it was much easier.

On some songs, I find it easier to maintain falsetto to score high..such as foreplay/longtime/chorus of run to the hills. I can sing that high normally..but my pitch wavers a lot more as its pretty up there...I can keep the pitch dead on when singing the majority of the high stuff in falsetto.

In short, if I were to come over and sing for you with the game, you would not be blown away by my singing voice.....but there is no mistaking what song I am singing and I am rarely sharp/flat.

teamlead taco on xbl....I'll be expecting your invite.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
I don't even bother with reading the words..I just moo moo moo (yea..moo....my wife was rolling)

We were rolling, too - Ealasaid and I spent a solid five minutes trading mooed snippets of songs, trying to figure out which was the most fantastically offbeat. "Tom Sawyer, as performed by a cow" is up there, with the chorus of "Run to the Hills" getting an honorary mention.

Seriously, though: them's some fairly fantastic vocal performances there, sir. Helluva job!

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 - 28 Good Night!

Full Combo Madness!!

Don't Fear the Reaper - First take - was in first place when I looked. This song is just really easy for me for some reason.

Dani California - This one took 3-5 takes

Black Hole Sun - Ugh..that scream in the solo is a bitch...got it 3rd try.

Orange Crush - 2nd take - I didn't know parts of the song well...easy once you know it.

Go With The Flow - Must be easy..cause I dunno the song at all and I got this after about 5-6 tries.

Improved several others in between these songs in the vocal setlist (sabotage, etc), but no other 100%....so those are not as exciting. I am pretty much starting from the top and working my way down.

Last edited by rabies on Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're incredible, man. I still have yet to start my vocal career on Expert, but I'm sure I'll get an FC between Blitzkrieg Bop and Creep.

Now it is your turn to FC a female vocals song. Do it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 More FCs! Thanks to the rivalry with Huwonk. Otherwise, I would still be busy trying to get my city achievements in BWT...

Somebody asked for a FC of a female song? There are a couple others I am pretty close on and could probably get with a bit of work/experimenting.

I should have had this long ago..easy song.

This as a result of the rivalry with Huwonk..I actually did one more take after this and scoreed about 400 more points..woo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus you sing better than a lot of people o_O
dragoon013  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice score on Tom Sawyer, man. I just missed the FC myself, but I'm still around 5th on the XBL boards. Do you have a gamertag (or do you even play on Xbox)? Kinda curious how I match up with your scores.
rabies  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragoon013 wrote:
That's a nice score on Tom Sawyer, man. I just missed the FC myself, but I'm still around 5th on the XBL boards. Do you have a gamertag (or do you even play on Xbox)? Kinda curious how I match up with your scores.

Teamlead Taco on xbl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn Rabies, nice work. I was happy when I FC'd Dani California on MEDIUM Also, FYI it's Black Hole Sun, not hold :P I just noticed you typod it twice the exact same way, thought I'd mention it. I'll be lookin for you on XBL now

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..good job! It's very rare to find good vocalists-most of the major legends are guitarists or drummers. Look forward to seeing if you have firsts when score-tracking is up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: