FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Big Rock Ending
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muna  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Big Rock Ending Reply with quote

In the big rcok endings, what should you do to get the most points. I play to squeeze, and a Big Rock Ending makes a difference of thousands of points in your score so they are very important once it comes down to an FC.

What is the best techinique for these on guitar? Is it Misirlou style on some random fret, or a Jordan Solo B type thing? It could also be as simple as a hand slide, while doing near Trogdor stumming.

I really don't know how do this so if anybody knowd the most effective method, please share.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kind of wondering the same thing myself. I was going to mess around with it in practice mode but I have a lot of stuff to do so I don't have time to do it tonight. But when I was practicing "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" on drums I was messing around and found that rolling the same pad nets just about the same points as hitting different pads. I'm not sure if it's similar with guitar, haven't had a working guitar since day one, but I don't imagine the scoring being that different.

I'm sure someone will eventually work out the scoring that's involved in the BRF's.

PS: Kudos on the avatar.
minimart93  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just go nuts on the solo buttons. u wont have to strum.
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I slide one finger up and down the solo buttons then hammer on and pull off on the ones that my finger isn't touching with my other hand. Quite effective.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that I sue the Les Paul. Should I really switch to the strat just for the big rock endings?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the big rock endings are much easier with the Strat because of the solo buttons.
I usually take my hand off the strum and just slide my fingers over the buttons. I only use my strum hand so I make sure I get everything back in the right place to hit the final notes (still not completely used to the solo buttons)
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
I forgot to mention that I sue the Les Paul. Should I really switch to the strat just for the big rock endings?

Dude... I admit that sometimes I get pissed at my guitar... but did you really have to sue it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
I slide one finger up and down the solo buttons then hammer on and pull off on the ones that my finger isn't touching with my other hand. Quite effective.

Yeah I usually do one finger on and off of green then slide my other finger up and down while doing that (on the solo buttons). Try going to practice and selecting just the big rock ending. Experimenting there is perfect it auto repeats and you can check you score right after the finale note.
muna  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
muna wrote:

Dude... I admit that sometimes I get pissed at my guitar... but did you really have to sue it?

umm... yes. I won the law suit and Neversoft sent me their Flying V prototype.

Can I have an answer to my question? I USE the Les Paul.
I have been playing around with the solo buttons and wouldn't double trills work.
left hand on and right doing keyboard on ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
tormentedbyu wrote:
muna wrote:

umm... yes. I won the law suit and Neversoft sent me their Flying V prototype.

Can I have an answer to my question? I USE the Les Paul.
I have been playing around with the solo buttons and wouldn't double trills work.
left hand on and right doing keyboard on ?

yes, but u have to strum then, if u use the solo buttons u can just hit the buttons and they register...i do what u said, expect on the solo buttons...it works well...i just hit all five keys over and over and over...and then when i see the end coming i just get situated on the solo keys, and strum the last 1-4 notes so i get the bonus, best way to do this i think...however if ur good at strumming fast (ALT strumming) i think u can hit almost as many notes as using the solo buttons
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the les paul, I normally go

just trogdor level speed and flail wildly on the buttons, if you have someone near by not playing, get them to flail on the D-Pad for you also!
Zoltar  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the solo buttons, put my strumming hand finger on orange and just press all of them at once as fast as I can.
halcyonryu  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really should just sort of give up on the "max possible score" concept for this game in any song with a BRE, unless you are prepared to do some really lame things.

Best way to get the most points is to rub your fingers on the solo buttons from red to orange while a friend strums very quickly holding green and another friend spams the d-pad. And even then your score will still be random.
Frostilicus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halcyonryu - Does the D-pad on the guitar actually register and increase your score?!? I knew it did with the drum set, but it seems odd that it would do so with the Strat as well.
halcyonryu  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up and down on the d-pad always strummed on all the other games, so I sort of assume that it does. Now that you mention it I have not tested it on RB but I'd be very surprised if it didn't work. Up and down on the d-pad and up and down strums are both mapped to the same connection on the board in the controller, IIRC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: