FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/28 DLC - Siouxsie and the Banshees, Blink 182 and more!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thetrout  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated playing "Kiss Them For Me" with the passion of a thousand suns. I love the song, but wow... it's just one of the most annoying charts ever, especially in the last minute or so. Otherwise, good stuff all around.
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought "Kiss Them For Me" was a really unique and fun chart -- definitely some trickiness there though.

"The Killing Jar" guitar is just... the coolest sounding thing ever. I had never listened to the band before, but these seemed like good song choices.

Melatonin, wow. I've been listening to Carnavas so much lately, and the chart was exactly how I wanted it to be. From the way IGN described it, I figured they had just charted the chords the entire time, but that wasn't the case.

Hopefully we'll see some more tracks from that album soon -- I'm thinking Future Foe Scenarios or Waste It On.
skywilliam  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buttfaceninja wrote:
I only got Dammit so this is my quick drum review.

This is fast. Its like Bad Reputation fast and maybe a little faster. Nothing about it is really that hard other than the speed which is kinda of disappointing. I was expecting some complex shit but it was just simple speed. So if songs like Bad reputation and Ramblin Man float your boat than this song will me you happy. I however really regret buying it as its not that fun to me.

It's much faster than Bad Reputation. MUCH. I barely 4 starred it, and I can almost FC Bad Reputation. And the Brige is kind of tricky, but still the biggest challenge, like you said, is it's speed.
FretMachine-SH  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To cite Kariodude's comment on Npeaen's Dammit Expert Guitar video: As with every other song, it's better in Rock Band than Guitar Hero.

More Silversun Pickups material is awesome, of course, a really unique and fresh modern band, and the Siouxsie & the Banshees and Psychedelic Furs songs look great as well. Unexpectedly enjoyable DLC this week!

Edit: HOLY HELL at the ridiculous speed of the end strumming in the Well Thought Out Twinkles solo. Is that going to be as tough as the strumming in Aesthetics of Hate, Green Grass and High Tides and My Last Words to FC?
-My Name is Jonas by Weezer
-Brother by Pearl Jam

Last edited by FretMachine-SH on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eggman  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am extremely happy with the Silversun Pickups songs. Both are really fun on guitar and fun to sing along to as well. Fun enough for me to sit and play Melatonin a couple of times to tie for first on vocals for it.

I'd love to see more tracks from Carnavas in the game.
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how fast the ending of the solo for Well Thought Out Twinkles is? Looks about as fast as the one in Don't Go Away Mad.

Well, I'm gonna pick up Kiss Them For Me and perhaps both Silversun Pickups songs, once I get some MS points. ¬_¬
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was an unexpectedly awesome week. Well Thought Out Twinkles was a blast to play on drums, and though my arm hates me for downloading Dammit, that was fun to play as well. Siouxie tracks were meh, but I did really enjoy playing guitar on Kiss Them for Me.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
kniGhToFdEaTh  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never heard of any of them except for Dammit, may get that

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywilliam wrote:
It's much faster than Bad Reputation. MUCH. I barely 4 starred it, and I can almost FC Bad Reputation. And the Brige is kind of tricky, but still the biggest challenge, like you said, is it's speed.

Wow, i barely consistently 5* Bad Reputation (and that has screwed me on B.S.E. before), and Dammit was a sightread gold star (about three drops, two of them right in a row) for me. Dammit is way easier than BR for me, crazy.

And man i was totally blindsided by the trickiness of Kiss Them For Me. That song hit me like a ton of bricks and i had to recover with a pretty strong run at the end in order to only barely 4 star it. Hopefully witha little practice i can raise that to a comfortable 5 star, but boy gold stars seems impossibly far away.

Also: Pretty in Pink: amazingly awesome song, very easy sightread FC (gtr)
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretMachine-SH wrote:
HOLY HELL at the ridiculous speed of the end strumming in the Well Thought Out Twinkles solo. Is that going to be as tough as the strumming in Aesthetics of Hate, Green Grass and High Tides and My Last Words to FC?

Is it that fast? It looked more like WGFA Jam B speed. Is there a way to figure out the NPS without the BPM from the chart?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiss Them For Me and Well Thought Out Twinkles are the most fun charts this week on drums. Dammit is just...nuts...
Eggman  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Thought Out Twinkles isn't that fast. I combo'd most of it on my first try and I was definitely not going super fast or anything.
Dooder  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mostly excited for the random extra Silversun Pickups songs. I thought it would be a pipe dream to get SSP onto a rhythm game, and RB2 announced Lazy Eye. I half jumped for joy, half turned to my friend and said "Wouldn't Well Thought Out Twinkles be the best song to represent them on Rock Band?" but was happy never the less. Now I have both Lazy Eye, Twinkles, and Melatonin. I loved Carnavas from start to finish and would love to see the other songs drop too! Here's two thumbs up from me.
BootyQuake  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy bitching about the lack of

Little Lover's So Polite

every chance I get.

I like the SSPU's album. Really wish this song was available.
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit!

..oh wait, that's a good thing.

On a serious note, Melatonin has a fun note chart on Guitar, and sounds fun on Vocals. Same goes for Well Thought Out Twinkles!
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: