FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Guitar/Bass Optimal Paths - New Site (All songs up to 2010)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasfas  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, how about this...

Release it to those who take the time to PM you for the Program.
I don't get what the problem is, it is a tool, and a tool should be used. Those who want to use it should, and those who don't want to will not.

You would also need the Skill of playing the song and squeezing to get a high Leaderboard score.

EDIT: Also...

SmugDucklings's Test Path Description wrote:
Algorithm needs tweaking, but it's close to a reasonable path.

It probably won't be an Optimal path any way!

As I said earlier:
It's like taking down all the TTFAF help Threads, because it is a Skill to know how to play the song, and you need the skill to know how to play the Intro.

Can someone take down this analogy? I just want to clear it out of my head.

EDIT:
Metalteeeh wrote:
You can not post videos of your FC's online, then say that people need to learn to path themselves, when your video IS the optimal path.

This, as well.

Last edited by Lasfas on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...no one even responded to me.

So I'll explain more:

Most of the top players do not want this released, as they work hard on paths, and therefore, their work should not be hurt, correct?

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=craigss&view=videos

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jameslikecoulter&view=videos

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=hheemm&view=videos

Some of the more high quality players POST VIDEOS ONLINE. And, since Sully was the only one that really I can say this too, you can not have both. You can not post videos of your FC's online, then say that people need to learn to path themselves, when your video IS the optimal path.
xeroxgp  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the poll, is that we'd already know the answer. I'm sure the maj. of Scorehero would welcome this, because the pathers are the minority, and would really be the only people who object, besides a few others that believe pathing is part of the game and should not be compromised (myself included).

I had another point, but I forgot. I will add it here if I remember. Oh, I remembered. I've already said it, but I agree that this program should not be released. I'm a moderate/good player here on Scorehero. I actually would love to have paths at my fingertips, it would make the game fun for me, but the reason I side against it is because I would feel cheap, I think it is a skill.

Like Sully said, I think, was something along the lines of, "what's next, making bots to FC the game for us?" Well, what if that IS next, at least to some extent. I'm sure everyone will agree, that an easy song with a hard solo sucks to play, because you know you can FC it, but you just need practice on the solo. So what if there was a program that would FC the easy stuff, so that you could practice the solo, and not worry about messing up in the easy stuff that you normally FC.

Ok, so that analogy made sense when I first thought about it, but now it seems ridiculous. I'll leave it up for people to consider, but I guess it's not a valid point.

This is a very interesting/controversial topic.

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, no. Just because Sully posts a video doesn't mean it has the optimal path. If you'll notice, he doesn't post every song. In fact a lot of his aren't optimal at all. I'm not seeing your point. He chooses to upload those if he wants to. Its different than having every single perfect path available with a single click.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chil wrote:
The healthcare one just makes no sense, since you are not giving up your score to someone else, just the way you used to get it (assuming that your path was optimal in the first place).

How does it not make sense? You're sharing your path, not giving it away. It makes perfect sense.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yen24 wrote:
Release it. Make Rock Band a game of skill again, not a game of having a better path.

X2
"It presently learns, that, since the dawn of history, there has been a constant accumulation and classifying of facts. But what is classification but the perceiving that these objects are not chaotic, and are not foreign, but have a law which is also a law of the human mind?"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: lordryan29
Rickles  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasfas wrote:
Okay, how about this...

Release it to those who take the time to PM you for the Program.
I don't get what the problem is, it is a tool, and a tool should be used. Those who want to use it should, and those who don't want to will not.

You would also need the Skill of playing the song and squeezing to get a high Leaderboard score.

THIS!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordryan29 wrote:
Yen24 wrote:
Release it. Make Rock Band a game of skill again, not a game of having a better path.

X2

Pathing is a skill. I'm no good at it, but I still think that it is important. It adds strategy to the game, and if nothing else makes those of us who play this game way too much maintain our literacy.

There are 2 types of people in this world: Those who believe there are 2 types of people in this world, and those who don't.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DHM78
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasfas wrote:
Obviously the Best players want it not released, so they could keep their First place/High Rank

Disagree. I'm not a great player, nor a great pather, and I don't want this released. Numerous reasons, most of which have already been brought up by Sully. However, I will implore that if this program is released, please please keep it to solo play only. If this also applies to 2-man, 3-man and full band pathing, then an enormous amount of fun (in my opinion) is removed from the game, especially for teams of inferior skill looking to dethrone some of the better teams out there, through thinking about strategic deployment as well as outright skill. I know that flies against some of the points that you guys are bringing up, and obviously I respect that, but this is just my opinion.

I wouldn't object strenuously if it was released for solo play only, but I really wouldn't want it released for any band configurations. However, and not sure if too many people have said this, enormous kudos to the OP for making the program, and more importantly, raising the issue with the community first, rather than releasing instantly.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
Rickles  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverSwift wrote:
Lasfas wrote:
Obviously the Best players want it not released, so they could keep their First place/High Rank

Disagree. I'm not a great player, nor a great pather, and I don't want this released. Numerous reasons, most of which have already been brought up by Sully. However, I will implore that if this program is released, please please keep it to solo play only. If this also applies to 2-man, 3-man and full band pathing, then an enormous amount of fun (in my opinion) is removed from the game, especially for teams of inferior skill looking to dethrone some of the better teams out there, through thinking about strategic deployment as well as outright skill. I know that flies against some of the points that you guys are bringing up, and obviously I respect that, but this is just my opinion.

I wouldn't object strenuously if it was released for solo play only, but I really wouldn't want it released for any band configurations. However, and not sure if too many people have said this, enormous kudos to the OP for making the program, and more importantly, raising the issue with the community first, rather than releasing instantly.

I totally agree. Optimal band paths from a computer wouldn't be so good. All I want is single player guitar. That's all. Full band pathing is something I'd rather let people do themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickles wrote:
SilverSwift wrote:
Lasfas wrote:

I totally agree. Optimal band paths from a computer wouldn't be so good. All I want is single player guitar. That's all. Full band pathing is something I'd rather let people do themselves.

Yes, this does seem logical. When it comes to Rock Band it should be more about the BAND not about a solo player. Let the bands be strategic with their paths and for the people that play solo, it should come to pure skill.

I stand corrected, I now disagree with my earlier post in this thread, hence I do disagree with myself.
"It presently learns, that, since the dawn of history, there has been a constant accumulation and classifying of facts. But what is classification but the perceiving that these objects are not chaotic, and are not foreign, but have a law which is also a law of the human mind?"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: lordryan29
ES942  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickles wrote:

You'd rather let them do it themselves because you don't want it. What if all I wanted was full band paths? Then I'd let people do single player on their own. This is an issue that's impossible to have both sides agree on. It's pretty much up to the OP at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much skill does it take to accurately recreate a chart? So if you look at something that's done via computer, recreate it in the game and come in say... 5th. Are you proud of that? Send a screencap to your friends that don't know your secret. You'll be fucking awesome!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I am definitely not an elite player worshipper. I was disgusted when I looked at a certain player's scores and they were only entering in FCs. Like a -1 wasn't even good enough to be worthy of being entered. Like they couldn't tolerated the idea of someone seeing that got a -1 on a song no matter how difficult the song is. And one of the notes for a song, which is hard, that he FC'd yet somehow only managed to come in 2nd said "will re FC for 1st later" like no one else had any business having a score in 1st place.

I hate that type of arrogance. Moreso than "sightread." But at least they did their own work.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that pathing takes skills and all, but regardless most (if not all) optimal paths will be released eventually anyways.

Why are people so up in arms about this? It's a god damn video game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 3 of 83

Jump to: