FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Draktyr's Rock Band stuff (First 10mil guitar/618k GGAHT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draktyr  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurnkiller, sorry about earlier, I got your chat invite but my mic doesn't seem to work sometimes. When I went to relog, my internet decided to die on me too. Wasn't my night apparently
Killoff  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draktyr wrote:
I would DEFINENTLY love to start a supergroup with you guys. I'll happily play bass if needed, since I'd sure feel a lot more confident with Wulfe on Guitar, hehe. And, until I get my actual singing down, it would be pretty boring to listen to my vocals We'd need a good drummer though, since I'm pretty lackluster on them right now.

Back in college, most people were jealous of my perfect pitch, which I can completely understand. I have a lot more respect for people who have to learn to match pitch without "cheating", since that takes true skill and ability to do.

TheRidGE, I played through on expert, and I'm in the same boat as you - there's a lot of medium and hard scores which are ahead of my expert scores on some songs. I have no doubt that with practice, people could get their total scores up until the 9 million+ range, so I don't think my spot on the leaderboards is gonna stay for much longer Bonus songs DO count towards the total, but downloadable songs don't.
[/quote]

I'm a decent drummer... better ones out there but I'm still decent.
Draktyr  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completed endless setlist on expert.

For those wondering, the reward for Platinum Artist (aside from the achievements) is a new icon for your instrument. Instead of a black empty circle with your icon in white, your icon becomes a platinum plated marker. It shows wherever the old one showed, including the instrument selection screen, unison bonus, and the crowd meter on the left side.

The endless setlist took 7 hours total, since my roommate just HAD to go work out with a friend right in the middle of it. You can pause for as long as needed, but if you quit to the world map you have to start over. I imagine that playing non-stop without a break would take anywhere between 4-5 hours, for those looking to try it. Ended up with all 5/gold stars on every song EXCEPT friggin' Run to the Hills. That 289/290 is going to haunt me forever
Sully  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work on that. A few questions, though.

289/290? What does that mean? Aren't there 58 songs? What am I missing?

I live about 30 mins NW of Tampa in New Port Richey. Do you actually live in Tampa or are you just "approximating" like I do?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
Good work on that. A few questions, though.

289/290? What does that mean? Aren't there 58 songs? What am I missing?

I live about 30 mins NW of Tampa in New Port Richey. Do you actually live in Tampa or are you just "approximating" like I do?

58 * 5 = 290

If he 5-starred every song in the endless setlist, there would have been 290 stars. However, he didn't 5-star Run to the Hills(and I'm assuming he 4-starred it), which gives him 289/290 stars. Is that it?

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:

Dark, Gurn, Huwonk, you'll probably get XBL invites from me later.

Oddly enough, we've been XBL friend for ages but I don't think we've ever played anything together. Hah...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Drak, nice job! If only I was closer to you, we could get some 3-man action going!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job on Platinum artist. Now when we finally hook up and play together, I get my riding on coattails achievement!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually live in Clearwater, FL So I'm probably not too far from you at all, Sully. On that note, I made a post in the tourney/get-together forum about Sunday night Rock Band action up at the L.A. Hangout in Lutz. If you're ever up for the drive, it'd be great to get some good players up there!

Run to the Hills was indeed 4-starred. Sigh.

If anyone needs the riding on coattails achievement, just toss me a message and we'll hook it up If you don't get an immediate reply from me I'm probably in the middle of one of the longer sets on Band World Tour, since I'm aiming to get the last achievements out of the way in the next few days. Looking forward to playing with you guys.
Ithaqua  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Draktyr's Rock Band stuff (#1 Guitar / Platinum Artist) Reply with quote

Draktyr wrote:

(Anti-flame disclaimer: I openly admit that someone with legitimate singing talent getting top scores is a much more respectable achievement then my hum-fest.)

My girlfriend is currently #3 on the vocal leaderboards using my gamertag, and she sings every song. She's just damn good.

It's a shame that the two people ahead of her are ahead by 1-1.5 million points and are most likely using something like GuitarPro to generate the pitches.

Here's a video of her practicing Foreplay/Long Time: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_B7xv92F8
rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Draktyr's Rock Band stuff (#1 Guitar / Platinum Artist) Reply with quote

Ithaqua wrote:

It's a shame that the two people ahead of her are ahead by 1-1.5 million points and are most likely using something like GuitarPro to generate the pitches.

I don't think this is the case...most of the people in the top 10 are here on scorehero..heck..they even have vocal accomplishments threads here...off the top of my head, on overall career..here are the people in the top 10 that are from SH

cowshark
sluggo
Draktyr
theridge
teamlead taco (me)
shupis
fcphantom
...and your girlfriend makes 8
(apologies if I missed somebody)

So there are a whopping 2 people unaccounted for in the top 10. I know for sure I ain't cheatin...

I saw one youtube video whereby somebody was trying to 'cheat' by using guitarpro..and I don't remember it putting getting an impressive score.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated first post with new FC's, and I broke 10 mil.

Oh, and can anyone from the Tampa/Orlando area sing well? I mean really sing, not hum? Send me a message if so. There are some tournaments coming up around here soon and well, I don't think anyone wants to hear my attempts at playing and singing at the same time. It could start a war.

/end shameless plug
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Draktyr's Rock Band stuff (First to 10 million on guita Reply with quote

Draktyr wrote:
12/10 - Been awhile since I've updated. I just hit 10,000,000 points on guitar, and I've achieved my last guitar goal by doing so. Most songs have been FC'ed, but many still lack the optimal Overdrive usage that Sully and Raunch are so awesome at charting and achieving. Songs left to FC:

Dani California (-1 end solo)
Wanted Dead or Alive (-1 on that stupid zigzag part near the end)
Brainpower (hatred of THAT part, you know the one)
Won't Get Fooled Again (-1 on solo fast chords)
Foreplay/Long Time (few misses during solo, argh)
Highway Star (damned Misirlou part, I always miss a couple there)
Pleasure (Pleasure? -1 solo)
Run to the Hills (solo is a mess, best is 91%)
Brown Grass and Low Tides (if I play this song one more time I'm going to eat someone's children)

All but Brainpower, RttH and GGAHT I can usually nail in practice mode, but I can't ever seem to FC during optimal runs. Oh well! Think I'm going to focus on getting the remaining achievement points in Band World Tour next.

I was hoping you'd lose interest so I could fight my way to 10 mil first ;) Great job.

Your Creep FC is awesome. I can't seem to keep the right rhythm through the 2nd fast part. I'dlike to think I'll get it eventually. *shrug*

You definitely should have Wanted Dead Or Alive. That one part at the end is slightly tricky but just like with pretty much everything else- if I can get it, you can get it.

Flirtin' With Disaster and Train Keeps Rollin' are songs I think I'll get eventually since they fall into that "nothing too nasty, just a bunch of little tricky stuff" category. Grats on FCing those.

Won't Get Fooled again really just has that fast YO part at the end of Jam 2 that's tricky and the rest is pretty easy. I hope to FC it soon.

Foreplay/Long Time has a few tricky parts in the solos (I think that's what those sections are called), but I've gotten them all before so I hope to FC it soon, too.

I should get Brainpower sooner than later. I was playing online co-op with Rabies and I actually got past those triplets only to mess up in the Bs right after, so I know I can do it.

The Pleasure (Pleasure) solo kicks my ass. I'm shit with my pinky and shifting down to cover O with my ring finger isn't working too well.

That Dani California Outro Solo 2 (or B, whatever it's called) is a pain in the ass. I find it best to strum the Rs and hammer the Bs/Ys, but I still can't get it when it counts.

The Highway Star solo is probably too much for me. Even if I can get the ascending trips (which I'm not very good at), the fast strumming gets me.

Run To The Hills is annoying. Even if I could combo to the solo, I'm probably still screwed. Time will tell.

Man, do I SUCK SUCK SUCK at GG&HT. My high score is 444k and I've fallen at least 20k short of that in my last 5 or so runs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
raunch99  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 million is damn impressive. I don't think I'll be able to get there. Very nice work.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments guys Much appreciated.

I think after I finish the 1000/1000 I may go back and try to FC those last songs, except for GGaHT since that will be near-impossible and extremely frustrating due to the timing difficulty this game has. I've gotten so lazy with my HO/PO's from GH3 that I feel like this entire game is being played on precision mode. I even popped GH2 back in the other day for the hell of it, and wow, it was ugly. I'd almost forgotten how accurate you had to be "back in the day".

By the way, does anyone else have issues with the short little 2-note hammer-on's in this game? They just do NOT want to register for me sometimes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: