FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Draktyr's Rock Band stuff (First 10mil guitar/618k GGAHT)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draktyr  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Draktyr's Rock Band stuff (First 10mil guitar/618k GGAHT) Reply with quote

12/20 - Just knocked out a 618k Green Grass and High Tides, putting me into first place by a small margin. Had one dumb miss before the first solo, then FCed solo 1. Also made a few dumb mistakes in solo 2, and lost a combo twice during one of the zigzag sections which probably led to a few more notes missed each time. Totals were 100% solo 1, 98% solo 2.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/draktyr77/GGAHT.jpg (sorry for bad pic quality)

For anyone wondering, to break 600k you probably need to FC solo 1 and get more then 95% on solo 2 (when you get an awesome solo rating). I've had to restart many, MANY times when I miss a note during the first solo.

10 more cities left to become big in, which I'll work on in my spare time.
12/10 - Been awhile since I've updated. I just hit 10,000,000 points on guitar, and I've achieved my last guitar goal by doing so. Most songs have been FC'ed, but many still lack the optimal Overdrive usage that Sully and Raunch are so awesome at charting and achieving. Songs left to FC:

Dani California (-1 end solo)
Wanted Dead or Alive (-1 on that stupid zigzag part near the end)
Brainpower (hatred of THAT part, you know the one)
Won't Get Fooled Again (-1 on solo fast chords)
Foreplay/Long Time (few misses during solo, argh)
Highway Star (damned Misirlou part, I always miss a couple there)
Pleasure (Pleasure? -1 solo)
Run to the Hills (solo is a mess, best is 91%)
Brown Grass and Low Tides (if I play this song one more time I'm going to eat someone's children)

All but Brainpower, RttH and GGAHT I can usually nail in practice mode, but I can't ever seem to FC during optimal runs. Oh well! Think I'm going to focus on getting the remaining achievement points in Band World Tour next.

11/28 - Endless setlist on expert completed. I NEVER want to do that again. Platinum artist obtained. Only achievements remaining are the "big in" city achievements. Also bought the stupid goat head guitar so people can wonder why I wasted so much cash on such a dumb guitar!

As of right now, I'm currently ranked #1 overall on Vocals and Guitar for Xbox Live. I'm quite positive that those scores won't last, considering I'm up against amazing players like Wulfe.

It actually wasn't too hard to Gold Star most of the guitar songs, with the exception of a few. Those songs have already been pointed out in other threads (Brainpower, Run to the Hills, Seven, etc). The accumulation of energy while currently in overdrive mode adds a new twist to "starpower paths", so it'll probably be awhile before people figure out the optimal scores for some songs.

My bird-chested guitarist, Drak:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/draktyr77/drak.jpg

Here's how I did vocals - I have perfect pitch. For those that aren't familiar with it, it's the ability to recognize the exact pitch or note by simply hearing it. Therefore, it's pretty easy for me to match the pitch during songs, which is just about all you have to do for most of them.

With the exception of the spoken/yelled parts, the game doesn't care about when you start or stop singing a note, as long as you're singing the correct pitch when it requires it. Because of this, you can literally hum non-stop through an entire song, only changing the pitch up or down to match what's being displayed at the time. And yes, humming is perfectly fine. Of course for anyone watching or listening at the time, it sounds rediculous, hehe. But, for those of you that don't care about that and just want to pass the songs, feel free to hum your way to victory (Anti-flame disclaimer: I openly admit that someone with legitimate singing talent getting top scores is a much more respectable achievement then my hum-fest.)

My gender-confused singer, Tyr:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/draktyr77/tyr.jpg

Next step for me is to learn to play and sing at the same time, like some of you are doing. I've tried it a few times, and I'm becoming decent at it, but again this is just humming for vocals. Eventually when I learn the lyrics to every song I'll try and record some videos of me doing it so I don't look like a complete moron.

Anyway, if anyone needs some tips for vocals, or wants a friendly scoreduel, feel free to hit me up under my xboxlive screenname: Draktyr Exodus.

Thanks for reading [/url]

Last edited by Draktyr on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:07 pm; edited 6 times in total
rabies  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm comin for you on vocals! I just ran through and sightread all the expert tracks and ended up top 20. I've gotta run back through some of them as I had no idea how the vocal lines went on the first run. I realized early on that you scored better when you make sure you key in on pitch more than singing the words...and started making sure to 'sing' the first notes of each line early for max points.

Anyway, I see you at like 8 million points or so. Does the game count bonus songs towards that total? I have not done those yet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work! I think you, Wulfe and I need to start a supergroup.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:

As of this evening I finally have access to a mic, and a decent (read:stable) internet connection, so I'm up for anything
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am gunning for your vocal high scores. Which difficulty did you play through vocal on? Right now, all my scores are expert only, which is hurting my score (I know I have a few songs where my expert score is surrounded by people who beat the song on MEDIUM... it's depressing).

You are truly lucky to have perfect pitch. My brain just isn't wired for that. But then again, in a true performance setting, my singing of the vocals might be more enjoyed. I hope that Rock Band gets serious attention in a competitive sense, and gets judged as a performance, not just for the band's final score. As I see it, Guitar Hero should be about technical skill, and Rock Band should be about the audience's enjoyment of the performance.

I'll see you at the top of the vocal leaderboards... maybe a rivalry should be set up...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
rabies  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:

I call dibbs on wulfe being my guitarist.... :p

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Draktyr's Rock Band stuff (currently #1 xbox Guitar/Voca Reply with quote

Draktyr wrote:
I have perfect pitch.

Disgustingly jealous. I've had classical training but I'm still lost without a pitch pipe.
Draktyr  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would DEFINENTLY love to start a supergroup with you guys. I'll happily play bass if needed, since I'd sure feel a lot more confident with Wulfe on Guitar, hehe. And, until I get my actual singing down, it would be pretty boring to listen to my vocals We'd need a good drummer though, since I'm pretty lackluster on them right now.

Back in college, most people were jealous of my perfect pitch, which I can completely understand. I have a lot more respect for people who have to learn to match pitch without "cheating", since that takes true skill and ability to do.

TheRidGE, I played through on expert, and I'm in the same boat as you - there's a lot of medium and hard scores which are ahead of my expert scores on some songs. I have no doubt that with practice, people could get their total scores up until the 9 million+ range, so I don't think my spot on the leaderboards is gonna stay for much longer Bonus songs DO count towards the total, but downloadable songs don't.

Last edited by Draktyr on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
sluggo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys are up for it, I'd love to take video of us taking a whack at Green Grass and High Tides sometime this week or next (I can capture direct-feed footage). We broke 2 million in our Battle of the Bands event, and that was with Medium drums & vox (I was on Expert guitar), so I'm betting 3 million is possible with an Expert drummer.

I'll send some PMs -- I can also play Expert drums on GG&HT, so we have lots of options for who can play what.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:
If you guys are up for it, I'd love to take video of us taking a whack at Green Grass and High Tides sometime this week or next (I can capture direct-feed footage). We broke 2 million in our Battle of the Bands event, and that was with Medium drums & vox (I was on Expert guitar), so I'm betting 3 million is possible with an Expert drummer.

I'll send some PMs -- I can also play Expert drums on GG&HT, so we have lots of options for who can play what.

I'd be up for this, but it would have to be tonight - last minute thing, but I'm going to be in Ottawa on business from Tuesday to Sunday, so other than tonight, I'd only be able to try again on Monday next week.

And I was so looking forward to concentrating on having fun with vocals this week - oh well
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draktyr, the vocals don't play through for the other players when playing online so it doesn't matter how you sound. I'm really jealous of your perfect pitch. I used to be a really good singer as a kid, and somewhere along the way I must have stopped singing because I'm pretty average now. I can FC quite a few songs on Hard (even some harder songs like Tom Sawyer), though. I am scared to try Expert vocals...

If you guys need a bassist, I'd love to step in! I know my scores aren't very good yet on guitar, but I was using the Strat that didn't activate Overdrive by tilting or would activate by itself during silent sections for some reason. I'll probably end up switching back to the Les Paul or Xplorer for more competitive play. I could also sit in for Hard Drums or Vocals although that isn't exactly ideal for a "superband".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be glad to play some expert drums on GGHT for ya... let me know! (Currently #3 on expert drums leaderboards, unless someone knocked me down while I'm at work today >.<)

XBL: GurnKiller
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
Galvnayr  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drak, i'm coming for you on guitar.
sluggo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
I'd be up for this, but it would have to be tonight - last minute thing, but I'm going to be in Ottawa on business from Tuesday to Sunday, so other than tonight, I'd only be able to try again on Monday next week.

That's a bummer. Rather than overthink this (and continue to hijack this thead), I'll post a thread in one of the other forums looking to get some supergroup action happening around 7PM PST tonight. If people are on XBL then, cool, if not, it's not like we can do this next week.

Dark, Gurn, Huwonk, you'll probably get XBL invites from me later.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:

Dark, Gurn, Huwonk, you'll probably get XBL invites from me later.

Cool. I should be on most of the night from 7-7:30 EST until 10-11 EST.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: