FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/21 DLC - 7 Nirvana Tracks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me, or do NONE of the Polly videos work?

I see advertisements in every one, I'm guessing copyright?
delirium266  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised there still aren't any drum videos up on youtube (aside from Polly). Where are all the drummers this week?
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delirium266 wrote:
I'm surprised there still aren't any drum videos up on youtube (aside from Polly). Where are all the drummers this week?

I was surprised by that also, so I just bought Breed and Stay Away. I can tell you that Breed is easy and moderately fun, definitely worth getting if you like the song itself but I regret it a bit. Stay Away is very hard. I've beaten almost all DLC and so far I failed it at 7% several times, then at 91%, then at 3% several times. The hard parts are just a 16th note roll with 8th note bass, but at a very fast tempo. If you can beat those parts, the rest of the song is a lot of fun, with different toms and at a fast tempo.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
L3dZepp3lin93  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad there's no smells like teen spirit. not Nirvana's best, but somehow it was their hit song. It is really overated compared to the rest of Nirvana's songs. Plus Majority of n00bs say that they are a fan, because they like Smells like Teen Spirit. Swing and a miss there, n00b.
straty  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, THank you thank you for this great pack, Nirvana is amazing (not because of Smells Like Teen Spirit.) I have every album of theirs and this just makes me so happy...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: straty1899
zaiboss  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L3dZepp3lin93 wrote:
Glad there's no smells like teen spirit. not Nirvana's best, but somehow it was their hit song. It is really overated compared to the rest of Nirvana's songs. Plus Majority of n00bs say that they are a fan, because they like Smells like Teen Spirit. Swing and a miss there, n00b.

What?

But no, seriously, considering how much of a hit it was, I think most people would at least want the chance to play it. I don't understand the hate of this song by "nirvana groupies". Just because Cobain hated it, you have to hate it?
delirium266  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangeglacier wrote:
delirium266 wrote:

I was surprised by that also, so I just bought Breed and Stay Away. I can tell you that Breed is easy and moderately fun, definitely worth getting if you like the song itself but I regret it a bit. Stay Away is very hard. I've beaten almost all DLC and so far I failed it at 7% several times, then at 91%, then at 3% several times. The hard parts are just a 16th note roll with 8th note bass, but at a very fast tempo. If you can beat those parts, the rest of the song is a lot of fun, with different toms and at a fast tempo.

Yeah I ended up just caving and buying everything but Polly and Something in the Way.

I can get through most songs in the game but Stay Away kicks my ass as well. Tried a few times and couldn't make it past 7% and then just gave up and played it in practice mode. The end is brutal. Same as the beginning part but about twice as long.

Has anyone played it with a full band? Can you be saved if you fail out in the intro?
Element33033  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prophet wrote:
diablocon wrote:
Also, I found another video on YouTube of someone passing it without playing any notes, on Expert. Even Silver required you to hit a note or two to pass it on Expert.

Actually, IBite has a video of him "making a sandwich" during the entirety of Silver giving him 0 points, 1 star and a 0 note streak. I have yet to play Polly on drums (haha) and I'm excited for some strange reason. Plus I can't wait to play Breed!

He had Silver on easy, Prophet.
Starz007  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good week! They aren't the best charts, but they are really well known.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else getting stuck at 86% downloaded in 360?
buddy39914  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!.... Wheres Smells Like Teen Spirit, Lithium, or Come as you Are?

Still getting it tough =)
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the dumbest pack ever. Some great songs, but why is Polly in the game? Of ALL THE NIRVANA SONGS, they picked Polly? It's a fine song and all, but the drum part - seriously? I barely know anything from Nirvana and I know at least one song that would have been better: Smells Like Teen Spirit. I'll probably download just Breed sometime though, I like that one.

If they're going to make it THAT easy, they need to make it possible to gold star it. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. You can't even 4-star it at this point.

I lmao'ed so hard when the guy got the first star after hitting only two notes.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iceefudgesickle wrote:
This is the dumbest pack ever. Some great songs, but why is Polly in the game? Of ALL THE NIRVANA SONGS, they picked Polly? It's a fine song and all, but the drum part - seriously? I barely know anything from Nirvana and I know at least one song that would have been better: Smells Like Teen Spirit. I'll probably download just Breed sometime though, I like that one.

If they're going to make it THAT easy, they need to make it possible to gold star it. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. You can't even 4-star it at this point.

I lmao'ed so hard when the guy got the first star after hitting only two notes.

They didn't "choose" polly.

They "chose" Nevermind, as it's Nirvana's most famous album. They couldn't license Smells Like Teen Spirit, Lithium, or Come As You Are, so they just released the songs they could license.

If they had decided to make a "best of" pack like they did with the Who, of course Polly wouldn't have made it in! It's a great song, but other than vox, it's shit to play! BUT, Nevermind wouldn't be Nevermind without Polly, so if you're releasing as much of the album as you can, then you include Polly, like it or not.

Breed has been my favorite Nirvana song since before I knew Nirvana played it (heard it one day and was like "wait, I love this song! I didn't know it was Nirvana!" Idk why I didnt know that...). It's got some hand cramping guitar riffs, but it's super fun.

I only had time to play one song, so I DL'd and played Breed. I'll check the charts for the other songs to see if I want to dl them. I'll probably get about 2-3 other songs, since Nirvana is pretty cool.
YoSoyLegendo  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

echorocks wrote:
im getting breed cuz everyone on earth knows the song (unless you've been just born or have been hiding under a rock for the past 20 years), lounge act cuz it is one of my favorite nirvana songs. what other songs r good?
I am partial towards Territorial Pissings. But honestly I would just pick up the whole thing. Definitely worth it.
jeremiahsjohnson  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoSoyLegendo wrote:
I am partial towards Territorial Pissings. But honestly I would just pick up the whole thing. Definitely worth it.

Yeah, that song rules -- do they have the faux Freedom Rock style "Come on people, now..." screaming at the start?

And assuming Courtney Love still owns the majority of rights to the Nirvana catalog, we should see the other songs soon enough. So far as I can tell, the band released more stuff post-Cobain than during his life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: