FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Green Grass and High Tides Tip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazymonkey841  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Green Grass and High Tides Tip Reply with quote

This goes for any difficulty- people seem to be having endurance problems on the solo, so save your overdrive, and never use it. Why? Because, after every couple notes, it will give you the activation thing, and give you a break. It helps a lot
Nytmair  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, that's a good idea actually!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I thought I was the only one who did this! It really helps an obscene amount on passing that song, because if you randomly lose rhythm, there's little chance of getting back. The fills let you readjust every couple seconds.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I was losing my mind on this on medium.
ive practiced other songs in general since and can dabble on hard and expert.
Im scared to even try this on Medium again because all I remember was nonstop horror.

Ive only had trouble with that so far and stuff like alternating both hands vs bass pedal.
Like i think im paranoid, R+Y, bass, R+Y, bass, R+Y, bass.
Something always speeds up/slows down till i end up doing all 3 same time..

I think its dirty to do this but for this songs crazy duration, I think we have a winner
bodom0015  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
Man, I was losing my mind on this on medium.
ive practiced other songs in general since and can dabble on hard and expert.
Im scared to even try this on Medium again because all I remember was nonstop horror.

Ive only had trouble with that so far and stuff like alternating both hands vs bass pedal.
Like i think im paranoid, R+Y, bass, R+Y, bass, R+Y, bass.
Something always speeds up/slows down till i end up doing all 3 same time..

I think its dirty to do this but for this songs crazy duration, I think we have a winner

Hypocrite!!!

TheGlow wrote:
Boo! More notes = more points.

He said in response to this exact tip that I gave at the bottom of this forum. :P

See, I told you it works!
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!
Its a bust!

I havent done this yet, but nor have I played green grass again on drums.
Im still a believer of going for more notes.

I blocked out green grass. I dont even remember what the section looks like that aggrevated me. But this tip is sitting in the back of my mind now, gnawing away. Ill let ya know if I needed it.
bodom0015  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
!
Its a bust!

I havent done this yet, but nor have I played green grass again on drums.
Im still a believer of going for more notes.

I blocked out green grass. I dont even remember what the section looks like that aggrevated me. But this tip is sitting in the back of my mind now, gnawing away. Ill let ya know if I needed it.

It's useful trust me. You can take the high road and not use it, or you can come to the dark side... where we have an infinite supply of fresh cookies! Muahahahahaha.

Plus I thought of something more notes = more opportunities to get a better score, but those breaks for the improv sections may help you keep a combo better, thus increasing your score.
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Green Grass and High Tides Tip Reply with quote

crazymonkey841 wrote:
This goes for any difficulty- people seem to be having endurance problems on the solo, so save your overdrive, and never use it. Why? Because, after every couple notes, it will give you the activation thing, and give you a break. It helps a lot

yea but then u get less notes therefore less possible points...a better idea would be to just build ur endurance up, ur gonna need it for expert on almost every song anyways
bodom0015  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Green Grass and High Tides Tip Reply with quote

ghozt360 wrote:
crazymonkey841 wrote:

yea but then u get less notes therefore less possible points...a better idea would be to just build ur endurance up, ur gonna need it for expert on almost every song anyways

If you aren't going for score just yet, and simply just want to pass, then his strategy is better. You are right though, since more endurance is definitely gonna be needed for higher difficulties, then in the long run it's better your way.
eraser2224  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't see what the big deal with this song is. i was expecting to fail miserably after seeing these threads about it but i 5'd it on expert never having played drums on it before on any difficulty and never having any drum experience before this game, and with lots of room to spare. it's long but it's just the same simple repeating pattern... got 97%
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eraser2224 wrote:
i don't see what the big deal with this song is. i was expecting to fail miserably after seeing these threads about it but i 5'd it on expert never having played drums on it before on any difficulty and never having any drum experience before this game, and with lots of room to spare. it's long but it's just the same simple repeating pattern... got 97%

the pattern isnt hard at all, however, for beginning drummers, its hard as hell...trust me, i can almost FC it now, but the first day, my leg almost fell off!!!
CrAkD  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eraser2224 wrote:

yeah im pretty sure my red is responding properly. cause i almost 5 star but fail towards the end cause i break combo for no reason then get all messed up. i hate this song.
Shortmann  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drum beat/note chart isn't really that difficult, all things considering. For 75% of the song, it's a standard rock beat. The only problem is...it's 10 minutes of a standard rock beat, plus the 16th note section on the ride cymbal. I didn't even realize stamina would be that much of an issue. But if you can't ride out GGaHT, then RttH is going to kill you, it's much more of a stamina killer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: