FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Song stats - total note count

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwpom  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Song stats - total note count Reply with quote

Is there anywhere on the site that gives the total note count for songs like in the GH side in the Song Stats? I know the song charts are up but they don't show a note count, unless I'm just not seeing it. With the ability to score 100% and still not FC, it would be nice to be able to see the correct total note count.

Thanks.
socialskills  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can look at the top of each leaderboard; a number of people have FC'd most of the songs on the various instruments, so the note streaks should be equivalent to the total number of notes in the song.

Also, I think that ajanta's charts or site may have the total notes listed for each song on each instrument. Let me see if I can find that.

EDIT: Here's ajanata's list for guitar. I don't see similar ones for the different instruments, and they don't appear to be on the song-specific charts either. Here's the site index; you may be able to browse around and find what you're looking for.
- All 3,255 RB1 BWT stars collected (solo, voxtar, expert)

Voxtar guide.
gwpom  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've been using the leaderboards thus far to track TNC, but there are a lot of boards (Medium Bass for example) where either no scores have been submitted yet, no 100% yet, and in some cases in the harder levels 100% with two different note counts (I always assume the larger count is probably the correct total. I was just hoping that these had been compiled somewhere based on instrument and difficulty in one easy to spot thread or table.
socialskills  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see.

Well, in the link I provided above, I said it was for guitar only, but it turns out that bass in all difficulties is also listed on that page. So for your example (medium bass), the TNC's are there. I know it's not specifically on the SH site alongside the scores, but at least the info is there.

Voxtar guide.
gwpom  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's a great start, thank you. I've got my own spreadsheet going too that tracks my scores and am just looking for a way to confirm when I FC, as you can (pretty easily) get 100% and still not FC. Would love to see a RB Song Stats... that would be sweet. Oh well, as I found by having to create a spreadsheet with 64 tabs to keep track of all the possible combinations of stats available, this is a stat monster to keep straight.... LOVE IT! LOL Thanks for the help.
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really that hard to tell when you break combo?

For me at least, it's painfully obvious when I overstrum guitar or bass

On drums there is no universal TNS due to squeezing.

On vox you cannot get 100% without getting a FC, so no problems here.
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
socialskills  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhatTrumpet wrote:
Is it really that hard to tell when you break combo?

Phat, you provided good information as always, but this seems like a jab.

The OP is playing Medium Bass. People who are on Expert may be used to focusing their attention on multiple places at once (e.g. the fretboard and the combo counter), but my assumption was that the OP isn't to this level yet, which is totally fine and nothing to look down upon.

Plus, someone who's looking for information and making charts and whatnot is someone who may crunch numbers, create charts, and/or path in the future, thus contributing to the community, and they should be encouraged. We all have to start somewhere.

If it wasn't a jab, I apologize for taking it the wrong way. I just think that SH'ers should try to be more encouraging of people playing on lower difficulties. I've seen a number of veiled insults against those kind of people on the boards lately, so I may be funneling my frustration inappropriately into this one post.

Voxtar guide.
gwpom  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is kind of a late response, and I hope Phat sees this, but his question is indeed valid... Yes, it is painfully obvious when I break FC... however, it is not always that obvious in the game. I'm not exactly sure how it's happend (but has, many times) but I either mis strum, or break a sustained note, and the Times meter (4x, 6x) does not reset, even though the game counts it as breaking FC. So it is not always obvious that you have broken FC until the end of the song, and only by knowing the correct TNS can you tell for sure if you have achieved FC or not. I'm to the point, at least in medium and sometimes hard where I only miss one or two notes, and like to know I've achieved as high a note count as is possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: