FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Midi file format
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SixStringedBass  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccfman2004 wrote:
How do find the part in midi that tells the background drummer what drum or cymbal to hit?

I have a feeling that information isn't stored in the MIDI file because it would then (theoretically) be found on the ps2 version, which would take up space due to the fact the ps2 version uses prerecorded video. My guess is there is a separate animations file that has it. Besides, has anyone been able to actually get customs to work on 360?
ccfman2004  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SixStringedBass wrote:
ccfman2004 wrote:
How do find the part in midi that tells the background drummer what drum or cymbal to hit?

I have a feeling that information isn't stored in the MIDI file because it would then (theoretically) be found on the ps2 version, which would take up space due to the fact the ps2 version uses prerecorded video. My guess is there is a separate animations file that has it. Besides, has anyone been able to actually get customs to work on 360?

The reason I wanted to know is I want to recreate the drum track because I intend on creating a drum game that uses all the different pads and cymbals on the rock band 2 drum set.

The designers of Rock Band made sure the drummer animation is hitting the correct drum at the correct time to make very realistic (GH3 has the same thing).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccfman2004 wrote:
SixStringedBass wrote:
ccfman2004 wrote:

The reason I wanted to know is I want to recreate the drum track because I intend on creating a drum game that uses all the different pads and cymbals on the rock band 2 drum set.

The designers of Rock Band made sure the drummer animation is hitting the correct drum at the correct time to make very realistic (GH3 has the same thing).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help then. But good luck, I look forward to seeing it.
3nish  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: WHAT ABOUT OVERDRIVE? Reply with quote

hey i wanna know how to put overdrive in my charts can you help me? i use FeedBack for my customs
eXcelon969  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people still monitoring this?

I AM DOING DRUMS HERE....

i cant seem to find a good way of determining 'note-on' vs 'note-off'

i tried looking for '9?' data to inidicate note-on (as per midi spec) and '8?' for note-off but songs like visions dont seem to use the '8?'

there is also data around the notes that arent notes/od/fill/solo/etc. real low hex values.

should i be using these instead somehow? some of them have the same values as the beat/measure values in the BEAT track but in the DRUM track i'm just ignoring them for now.

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eX: The 'note off' stuff is either an actual 'note off' event type, or another 'note on' event with a velocity of 0. Note on events are always the 'note on' type with a positive velocity (normally above 60, I don't remember without looking). Note values starting with an 8 would be for hard. How you specify the different event types depends on the MIDI editor you are using. The really low stuff seems to be used for animation and can be ignored for ps2 customs, AFAICT.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but reading through the first post and the format spec, vocal pitches are labeled as 36-95 in the midi denoting 5 octaves worth of pitches (according to the original poster). Now, does anybody know what these notes are? Like, which one is a Middle C? Or hell, what note 36 is in real terms? I need at least 2 points to extrapolate all the intermediate ones, or if there is an actual pattern to them (36 is a E, 37 is an F, 38 is an F# etc for instance). Anybody know this info?
MCP  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number, such as 36, corresponds to the midi number. C5 (midi 60) corresponds to middle C. Im not sure the previously stated range of 36-95 is correct. Notes above B7 (midi 83) don't show up in RB1 and the track pack, though it might have been changed in RB2 and on.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is a range of valid notes listed in one of the game's configuration files, and that is where that range came from. Just because the game hasn't used it yet doesn't mean it doesn't like it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
I believe there is a range of valid notes listed in one of the game's configuration files, and that is where that range came from. Just because the game hasn't used it yet doesn't mean it doesn't like it.

I tried using the higher notes above B7 (midi 83) in some of my custom charts but upon playing them, the higher notes dont show up.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so that is the case.
Code:
   ('PART VOCALS'
      (required)

(allowed
         tambourine_start       ;; switches to tamb anim group on next camera cut.
         tambourine_end          ;; switches back to normal anim groups.
         cowbell_start
         cowbell_end
         clap_start
         clap_end
         MUSICIAN_COMMON_EVENTS
      )

(midi
         (12 15)                  ;; h2h camera cuts and focus notes
         ( 40 84)          ;; transcribed vocal melody
         ( 96 97)          ;; Percussion Gems -tambourine, cowbell,  etc.
         103               ;; Percussion phrases
         (105 106)         ;; MP
         116               ;; spotlight phrases
      )
   )

As an aside, since I had that file open, here's my proof that RB1, as shipped, would have supported YYZ without a patch:
Code:
(tracks
   (required
      'PART DRUMS'
      'PART BASS'
      'PART GUITAR'
      ;; Some songs don't have vocals
      EVENTS
   )

(allowed
      'PART DRUMS'
      'PART BASS'
      'PART GUITAR'
      'PART VOCALS'
      EVENTS
      VENUE
      BEAT
   )
)

Also implies that there's some sort of default behavior if a BEAT track isn't present.

(Both blocks from rb1ps2/config/midi_verify.dta)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a midi parser that shows me the note numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:

As an aside, since I had that file open, here's my proof that RB1, as shipped, would have supported YYZ without a patch:
[DTA midi parsing rules]

I'd call that proof that Polly needed a drum track (or that the discussion that there may also be songs missing one of the other tracks in the future is a load of crap).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
logo123  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Rockband midi / mogg Reply with quote

I was able to put a working mogg file into Rockband x360.
The midi did not work yet but I know why.
The problem is that I can not compile GH2maker_xbox.
It must be changed so the Rockband midi works.
The header of GH2 and Rockband2 is the same.

Can someone try to compile it and tell me how?
(I used Visual Studio Express 2005)
thesentence  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you just say you got a mogg to work for 360 customs?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: