FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Midi file format
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thespike  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNTX wrote:
JetsterDajet wrote:
How many custom chart creators have the capacity to transpose and notate music by ear? The sad truth? Only a handful, which will lead to a relatively small pool of RB customs with vocal tracks.

Sure, some people might be able to scrape by with an electronic tuner, but it won't be the same.

Honestly, it's not even that hard. All I do is get a midi of the song (5 minutes in google for most songs), stick it in KRMaker with the .mp3, make sure it's lined up (or, stays out of sync at the same spot through the whole song. If it's a half second ahead at the start, just make sure it's a half second ahead at the end). From there, insert lyrics, and line up with guitar and drum parts with a midi editor.

Most songs don't have midi files though. At least the ones I chart usually don't.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
erikj9  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't cheat at all on vocal charts, when I do them, i do them almost completely be ear, i might download a .gp5 file for the song if it is fast and notes change a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: map Handmap_allchords Reply with quote

just takin a look at the 360 rock band mids in feedback, and was noticing map Handmap_allchords and map Handmap_defaultmellow in greengrass.mid above some events. Any ideas on what those might be?
TNTX  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: map Handmap_allchords Reply with quote

thepoop555 wrote:
just takin a look at the 360 rock band mids in feedback, and was noticing map Handmap_allchords and map Handmap_defaultmellow in greengrass.mid above some events. Any ideas on what those might be?

Which track were you on?
Look no further!

BNSClub.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Zero0920
pksage  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If an event looks like an animation event, it is, and therefore doesn't matter on PS2.
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: map Handmap_allchords Reply with quote

TNTX wrote:
thepoop555 wrote:

Which track were you on?

I was on the guitar track
BHK  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had success with BRE's on customs?

I put just a long drum fill on every track at the same time for where i wanted the BRE, hell i even added mix events again at the time, because i saw those in some offical rock band mids where BRE's began. But all I got was just a long drum fill, no BRE.

So a BRE isn't the same as a drum fill but on all tracks, I have a feeling something else determines it, I'm going to start snooping around and try to find out what else is different between non BRE and BRE songs.
BHK  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, I Found out how to get BRE's working, you need to add [coda] right when the BRE ends for it to work, but there is a glitch, it doesnt fully render the fills, it doesnt render it the first 2 seconds while scrolling, so you dont see it as a BRE until like half way through the fretboard (its hard to explain ,but i'll have a video soon.)
ajanata  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have to put a section big_rock_ending there, but I would expect you have already tried it... But that's about the only other thing I can think of.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I put it along with the coda command when I did it.
jpop  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Where to find the .MIDs files from RB? Reply with quote

OK, now we know how to understand the midi file format of RB.
But, where can we find the files?
Is there any torrent for that?
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to find the .MIDs files from RB? Reply with quote

jpop wrote:
But, where can we find the files?

On your original RB game disc.

jpop wrote:
Is there any torrent for that?

Probably, but we can't discuss that here for obvious reasons.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some premliminary analysis on forced hammer-ons (including hammer-on chords). On expert, it appears that it uses note 101 (expert orange + 1) to flag hammer-on sections, similar to OD sections (meaning this is not "chorded" with the note to be hammered-on, but rather indicates a group of notes which are to hammered-on). I'm looking for test cases on hard to determine if it's hard orange + 1, or if it always has hammer-ons on every difficulty at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't looked for any cases on difficulties other than expert, but they can force strums as well -- note 102 on expert, at least. Float On has a ton of them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do find the part in midi that tells the background drummer what drum or cymbal to hit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: