FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PathStats - Per Measure Pathing Data- Beatles (no harmonies)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carungi  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi, I'm going through pathing Today right now. When my version of the path is complete, may I compare mine with yours? I want to make sure I'm using this program to it's full functionality.
LaserEyess  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting glitch Kawigi. Your drum fill points are if the drummer has a 4x combo, even if the song just started. So, in Bodhisattva for example, I have a measure worth 700 points, and a drum fill worth 800.

Needless to say, that isn't right.

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaserEyess wrote:
Interesting glitch Kawigi. Your drum fill points are if the drummer has a 4x combo, even if the song just started. So, in Bodhisattva for example, I have a measure worth 700 points, and a drum fill worth 800.

Needless to say, that isn't right.

Bad example - the drummer does have a full streak multiplier by the time that fill comes :-)

What you're actually seeing here is that the notes in the fill that are at the beginning of the next measure are counting as fill cover. Almost all fills end at the start of a measure, and so that most of the fills only appear to be in one measure instead of two, I just move the point cover from that measure (typically 200 points) to the previous measure. Just saving you some Xs.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
CraZy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man, i was wondering if it would be possible to implement the "fill timer" (as i like to call it) into your program. what i mean by this is the little number that appears after all the fills in ajanta's charts, which tells how much time was between the last note of OD and the first note of fill. this is useful in knowing whether or not a fill will show up. i've been putting it in b hand, but if i can increase my laziness by having someone else do it for me, that would be awesome >_<
but seriously, i think it would be useful for everyone. only issue i see is that it would mess up the whole format of the spreadsheet. currently, i put that info at the last column, after "sum of 12" (column T). obviously IF you implemented it, you can put it wherever you want, and whatever is easiest for you, but just for reference, thats where i have it in my paths (i have one path up on Office Workspace, Greatest Man That Ever Lived, (called greatestman CfB), you can see how i have it there.)

thanks,
p34nUt

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
meister  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraZy wrote:
hey man, i was wondering if it would be possible to implement the "fill timer" (as i like to call it) into your program. what i mean by this is the little number that appears after all the fills in ajanta's charts, which tells how much time was between the last note of OD and the first note of fill. this is useful in knowing whether or not a fill will show up. i've been putting it in b hand, but if i can increase my laziness by having someone else do it for me, that would be awesome >_<
but seriously, i think it would be useful for everyone. only issue i see is that it would mess up the whole format of the spreadsheet. currently, i put that info at the last column, after "sum of 12" (column T). obviously IF you implemented it, you can put it wherever you want, and whatever is easiest for you, but just for reference, thats where i have it in my paths (i have one path up on Office Workspace, Bullets and Guns i believe, you can see how i have it there.)

thanks,
p34nUt

I don't think that is really necessary, if you're making a path you should be looking at the chart anyway so you'll already see it.. and thanks for saying that, I didn't know what those numbers meant lol

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
CraZy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
CraZy wrote:
hey man, ...
thanks,
p34nUt

I don't think that is really necessary, if you're making a path you should be looking at the chart anyway so you'll already see it.. and thanks for saying that, I didn't know what those numbers meant lol

well, you're right, but you can save alot of time looking at the chart just by looking at a column. idk, it seemed like a reasonable suggestion. we'll see what he says, haha.
and yea, those numbers are great, but since we dont EXACTLY know (or do we?) what the fill time for RB2 is yet, its still tough to determine. (if we DO know, please let ME know, haha)

p34nUt

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraZy wrote:
meister wrote:
CraZy wrote:
hey man, ...
thanks,
p34nUt

well, you're right, but you can save alot of time looking at the chart just by looking at a column. idk, it seemed like a reasonable suggestion. we'll see what he says, haha.
and yea, those numbers are great, but since we dont EXACTLY know (or do we?) what the fill time for RB2 is yet, its still tough to determine. (if we DO know, please let ME know, haha)

p34nUt

The fill timing is approximately 1.2 seconds on expert in RB2 (my original research with Blinkone came up with 1.22 seconds, but then we learned that calibration can change that ). The interesting part of adding fill timings to the pathstats files would actually be if I added them for unison bonuses where guitar or bass ends the OD phrase after drums. Otherwise I think looking at the charts is acceptable. Either way I may consider adding it in the future. Maybe when I get around to adding something for vocal activation windows :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
CraZy  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:

The fill timing is approximately 1.2 seconds on expert in RB2 (my original research with Blinkone came up with 1.22 seconds, but then we learned that calibration can change that ). The interesting part of adding fill timings to the pathstats files would actually be if I added them for unison bonuses where guitar or bass ends the OD phrase after drums. Otherwise I think looking at the charts is acceptable. Either way I may consider adding it in the future. Maybe when I get around to adding something for vocal activation windows :-)

consider is good enough for me =D

and thanks for the info on fill timing, good to know. i know its affected by BNS, but i didnt know about calibration. well, i base it off 1.5 usually , to be safe. and when its really close, nothing a quick test run can't handle. hehe

thanks again,
p34nUt

beingmused  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even lower than that - even trying to hit the OD late, I've gotten fills of 1.14 seconds to appear consistently without BNS on. (and it was the same way for my bandmates). 1.15 is the brightline I use; anything above that I assume works without even checking.

CraZy wrote:
Kawigi wrote:

consider is good enough for me =D

and thanks for the info on fill timing, good to know. i know its affected by BNS, but i didnt know about calibration. well, i base it off 1.5 usually , to be safe. and when its really close, nothing a quick test run can't handle. hehe

thanks again,
p34nUt
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
Even lower than that - even trying to hit the OD late, I've gotten fills of 1.14 seconds to appear consistently without BNS on. (and it was the same way for my bandmates). 1.15 is the brightline I use; anything above that I assume works without even checking.

I'd expect anything down to around 1.15 to be able to show up (by hitting the OD early) in single-player, although you might get an invisible fill, but if someone wanted to research if/how this is different in band play, let me know, and I'll get you a list of fills to look at.
DreJ1212  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if its just me, but all of the txt files seem to be a measure ahead of ajanata's charts. Was that done on purpose? Or am I missing something.

D3NVR07: Hey dre, do girls get circumsized?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DreJ1212 PSN Name: DreJ1212
meister  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
Sometimes I'll also just copy starting at the second row, so that the measure numbers line up with the row numbers in Excel.
if thats what you meant

Oh Kawigi I guess I didn't really learn how to use this the best xD I tried repathing PDA and got about 100k less than my original path my old way lol, I guess for league songs I'll have to path each song twice

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!

Last edited by meister on Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreJ1212 wrote:
I dont know if its just me, but all of the txt files seem to be a measure ahead of ajanata's charts. Was that done on purpose? Or am I missing something.

The measure numbers are exactly the same as ajanata's charts (or should be, there used to be a couple of charts that put measure boundaries in the wrong place, but as far as I know they're all correct now in that respect).

What you're probably seeing is just a convention of mine - I note where overdrive is based on where the last note of it is, because that's the point in time where the overdrive is awarded. If it's close to a measure boundary, I note it as being in that measure, which should be read as "at or near the beginning of this measure." So, if you see "drum od" in measure 43, then the end of an OD phrase is close to the beginning of measure 43. Most of the time, the actual OD phrase is in measure 42.

If the end of an OD phrase isn't near any phrase boundary, I'll notate it as "[instrument] od -.5" in the measure after, indicating that it's around half a measure before this point.

The same convention is used for "drum act" notes. The activation starts near the beginning of the measure that the "drum act" is in, but the fill occurs in the measures that have numberss in the 4th column.
DreJ1212  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
DreJ1212 wrote:

The measure numbers are exactly the same as ajanata's charts (or should be, there used to be a couple of charts that put measure boundaries in the wrong place, but as far as I know they're all correct now in that respect).

What you're probably seeing is just a convention of mine - I note where overdrive is based on where the last note of it is, because that's the point in time where the overdrive is awarded. If it's close to a measure boundary, I note it as being in that measure, which should be read as "at or near the beginning of this measure." So, if you see "drum od" in measure 43, then the end of an OD phrase is close to the beginning of measure 43. Most of the time, the actual OD phrase is in measure 42.

If the end of an OD phrase isn't near any phrase boundary, I'll notate it as "[instrument] od -.5" in the measure after, indicating that it's around half a measure before this point.

The same convention is used for "drum act" notes. The activation starts near the beginning of the measure that the "drum act" is in, but the fill occurs in the measures that have numberss in the 4th column.

I had a feeling thats what it was, but I wasn't sure. Oh and another thing. On your Rob the prez txt file, there is a vocals OD missing. There are 2 at the beginning before the first unison bonus, in your txt file there is only one.

D3NVR07: Hey dre, do girls get circumsized?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DreJ1212 PSN Name: DreJ1212
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreJ1212 wrote:
Kawigi wrote:
DreJ1212 wrote:

I had a feeling thats what it was, but I wasn't sure. Oh and another thing. On your Rob the prez txt file, there is a vocals OD missing. There are 2 at the beginning before the first unison bonus, in your txt file there is only one.

The second one is on the same line as the unison bonus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: