FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PathStats - Per Measure Pathing Data- Beatles (no harmonies)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fedora  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those wondering, older versions of Excel will not recognize Kawigi's pathing spreadsheet.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
TJShultz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi, this is a great resource - thanks for all your hard work on it. I've gone ahead and stickied it to make sure that people can find it easily.

Thanks again!

E: Additionally, please don't start flooding the thread with "congratulations!" posts. Let's keep things related to the topic of the thread.

1) You're using numbers in place of words.
2) You're spelling at the second grade level.
3) You're posting in CAPS.
4) This post is in the wrong place, and should have been in Software.

Conclusion: Custom songs are not your "cup of tea", and I'd suggest undertaking a much more simpler hobby. Perhaps tree watching.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kai: out of curiosity, how did you calculate the possible points for vocals? Is it calculated down to the point or is it more of an estimate? Were they done by hand or processed through some sort of software?

beingmused  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
For those wondering, older versions of Excel will not recognize Kawigi's pathing spreadsheet.

2003 (2004 for the Mac) will open the spreadsheets fine in compatibility mode (you'll be prompted to download a converter tool), there are just some features that won't carry over properly. But the functions and whatnot will work fine.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Fedora  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
Fedora wrote:

2003 (2004 for the Mac) will open the spreadsheets fine in compatibility mode (you'll be prompted to download a converter tool), there are just some features that won't carry over properly. But the functions and whatnot will work fine.

Interesting.

When I got the open/save option, trying to directly open it caused an error. Once I downloaded it and opened it from the desktop, it prompted meto download the converter software. (Thanks for the "No it really does work" post.)

Edit: Oh Holy Fuck. It's working now, and it's light years ahead of anything I had been trying to work on. Well done, sir. Well done.

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
Kai: out of curiosity, how did you calculate the possible points for vocals? Is it calculated down to the point or is it more of an estimate? Were they done by hand or processed through some sort of software?

I'll assuming I'm "Kai" now (sounds better than "Kaw" I suppose, which would probably be pronounced like "cow"). All I've done for vocals is taken the points for the phrases and evenly distributed them across the time that the singer should be producing sound. It is completely software-generated, nothing was done by hand on any of these (except for writing the software :-) ).

Fedora wrote:
Edit: Oh Holy Fuck. It's working now, and it's light years ahead of anything I had been trying to work on. Well done, sir. Well done.

Thank you, I try. And I could hardly expect to get as many first place scores as Barre Exam got in RB1 without using space-age technology, right?

The main thing you may miss if you use an older version of Excel is that some of the "coloring" might work. I don't have it readily available, so I don't know what it will look like, but I just uploaded a copy of the spreadsheet template converted to the Excel 97-2003 format (.xls). And I'm going to assume that anyone still using Office 95 hasn't bought a computer in the last 10 years, and had no business buying a current-gen console.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
LaserEyess  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it will be annoying for short songs and such, but could you extend the template to like 300 measures, because I'm doing panic attack, and the template only works to measure 200, so naturally I don't want to stop playing for 1/3 of the song and get only 2.2 million.

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaserEyess wrote:
I know it will be annoying for short songs and such, but could you extend the template to like 300 measures, because I'm doing panic attack, and the template only works to measure 200, so naturally I don't want to stop playing for 1/3 of the song and get only 2.2 million.

Or how about 400 for those people who want to path AJFA or GGHT :-)

I just expand the template myself when I want to do longer songs, and it only takes a minute or so to do - just re-do the formulas for stuff at the bottom further down, then drag down the formulas in each column that has them by selecting the last cell with the formula and draggin the bottom-right corner of that cell down as far as you want it). Maybe sometinme I'll make a few copies with 100, 200, 300 and 400 rows, but that shouldn't hold you back.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
LaserEyess  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:

Or how about 400 for those people who want to path AJFA or GGHT :-)

Well I took your advice and made my own, and have them saved : D

rrwoods  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the vocal OD stuff fully understood then, or are you still estimating on this? (Sorry if this was already answered; I saw the question but didn't see an answer... it's possible I'm just blind :-P)

I'll download this and give it a shot when I get the chance!
Havikk  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this seems like a request more than an opinion, but would it be possible for Hard Difficulty versions? Anyways great program, I have it bookmarked so I can make paths while it looks like I'm doing term papers.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrwoods wrote:
So is the vocal OD stuff fully understood then, or are you still estimating on this? (Sorry if this was already answered; I saw the question but didn't see an answer... it's possible I'm just blind :-P)

I'll download this and give it a shot when I get the chance!

I'm not completely sure what you mean by "the vocal OD stuff". Vocals scoring and the effects of overdrive on vocals is reasonably understood and is really only estimated in here. Where you get overdrive in a vocal track has been fully understood for a long time and is in here. Vocal activation points have only recently become understood, and they are not indicated in these files yet.

Havikk wrote:
I know this seems like a request more than an opinion, but would it be possible for Hard Difficulty versions? Anyways great program, I have it bookmarked so I can make paths while it looks like I'm doing term papers.

I considered doing multiple difficulties (or at least Hard stats), but my feeling was that most bands with a serious interest in pathing are all-expert. However, I have an idea for how to basically give everyone most of the features they could want for these, which would include stats for Hard. Still have to develop the idea, though.
rrwoods  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
Vocal activation points have only recently become understood, and they are not indicated in these files yet.

That part. Although I didn't know that the effects of OD on score were fully understood either, thinking on it now I realize that's fairly easy to determine I suppose. (OD runs out midphrase, what happens, etc... I'm sure I'd find plenty if I did research.)
meister  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I pasted into the spreadsheet it put everything in the first column =/ how do I fix that?

Edit- I wrote everything myself in in charlene just because it is short and I already pathed it myself and I had no idea what was going on so I unfortunately will have to keep pathing my old way, but at least that doesn't take long for me

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
when I pasted into the spreadsheet it put everything in the first column =/ how do I fix that?

Edit- I wrote everything myself in in charlene just because it is short and I already pathed it myself and I had no idea what was going on so I unfortunately will have to keep pathing my old way, but at least that doesn't take long for me

Paste special -> Text, as noted in the second post somewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: