FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/14 Album DLC - Dr. Feelgood by Mötley Crüe!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FiftyQuid  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week's DLC is overflowing in the win column. Sick, sick, sick! This entire album is finding a new home on FiftyQuid's PS3! P.S. - It sucks having to wait until Thursday for PSN updates!!! Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there any standout drum charts this week?
QuickstrikePr0  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a huge Motley Crue fan, but some of their stuff is good. Their slow stuff is actually alot better than their fast stuff actually.
Quakmybush  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lulz, at the Panic Attacesk part in Kickstart My Heart, that should be fun to play.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
diddin  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this looks like it will be a pretty solid week.

Colour and the Shape next week or I'll take Kaiser hostage.
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobaramer wrote:
I can has good album DLC pl0x. I mean really, Blood Sugar Sex and Magik had like, 2 good songs on it. This has like 2 good songs on it. We need like just a really good album that everyone will buy right away and you know that would like be awesome.

To you their were only good songs, and let me guess: The song that is on GH3 and the $UP3R F@$T cover entitled "They're Red Hot"?

I downloaded the whole album because I'm a hardcore RHCP fan so to me the album was worth it.

I'm not thrashing you or anything, it's just natural for me to get upset when someone just blindly talks about a song pack or album.

Note: I'm not a huge Crue fan, so I didn't turn my head at this release either. I'm actually pissed because isn't their like 20 songs from Crue in RB now? Their's more bands than that HMX.
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes-BasSMaNiac07 wrote:

To you their were only good songs, and let me guess: The song that is on GH3 and the $UP3R F@$T cover entitled "They're Red Hot"?

I downloaded the whole album because I'm a hardcore RHCP fan so to me the album was worth it.

I'm not thrashing you or anything, it's just natural for me to get upset when someone just blindly talks about a song pack or album.

Note: I'm not a huge Crue fan, so I didn't turn my head at this release either. I'm actually pissed because isn't their like 20 songs from Crue in RB now? Their's more bands than that HMX.

I don't like Motley Crue much, but they do still have fewer songs in Rock Band than the Red Hot Chili Peppers or the Who.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
Adohu  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
I wonder if the strummy stuff in Don't Go Away Mad Solo 1 is FCable? It looks pretty fast.

It's 16.4 NPS, which I think makes it the fastest strumming in all of Rock Band (is My Last Words faster?). I'd expect that to be pretty impossible, and the tough pattern of it makes it even tougher. I somehow did hit the first half of the strumming part on my second run though, but I think it's close to impossible to keep steady strumming at 16.4 NPS any longer than that.

Slice of Pie's crazy triplets go at 16.6 NPS, if anyone was a bit curious about them.

I love this pack, and hoping to FC at least 9 of the damn songs (considering Don't Go Away Mad is basically impossible to hit).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after watching and listening to these great songs (and seeing how fun most of the songs look), I think that this'll be my very first full album purchase.
StOrM1060  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charts look good, too bad I hate Motley Crue. And besides, I don't really have much money to buy this anyways

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: StOrM1060
PleadtheFifth  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really thought this week was gonna suck.

It doesn't.

Gonna pick up a few when I get more points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not buying this due to not being difficult, but i did buy kickstart my heart
GS Peace Sells [X]

GH Goals
5* TTFAF [4.9*]
FC Before I Forget [ ]
FC Scream Aim Fire [ ]
Fedora  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I reviewed all of these last night over on rbdlc.com on bass. Most of it sucked, if you're not getting this for gutiar or vocals, don't bother. I shall now post random, sometimes out-of-context quotations from each review:

Dr. Feelgood (3/5): "A nice blend of Hammer-ons, sustains, and regular quarter notes for most of the song that make it mildly entertaining to play"

Slice of Your Pie (2/5): "A three star bassline sandwiched between two long sections of a 1 star bassline. "

Rattlesnake Shake (3/5): "...a section that shows off Nikki Sixx's ability to dick around on the bass. Unfortunately, it's smack in the middle a pretty mediocre song."

Kickstart my Heart (3/5): "At first glance, this song seems like a Highway Star ripoff, and if you were to toss out the opening bass solo and occasional triplets in that song, this would be the result."

Without You (1/5): "...but that place is not in Rock Band, it's "Getting to 2nd base in the back seat of a Camaro." And that time is "Whatever two weeks this song was popular for back in 1989."

Same old Situation (3/5): "...best described as "wasted potential."

Sticky Sweet (2/5): "This song is fairly representative of what's to wrong with the album as a whole on bass - it's fools you into thinking it has potential only to squander it in letdown after letdown"

She Goes Down (2/5): "Of all the various songs penned in the late eighties about oral sex, this one narrowly beats out N.W.A's "Just Don't Bite It" to win the title of "Least subtle song about getting head ever."

Don't Go Away Mad (3/5): "It's probably one of the best bass tracks on this album, but that's not exactly high praise."

Time for Change (2/5): "Not having the bass start until over half a minute into the song, and then only playing long sustains and the occasional quarter note is a really good way to shoot for a one star review. "

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
EarthVsMatt  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah, Motley Crue sucks.

Guess you can't get good DLC every week.
FretMachine-SH  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally we have a lot of good Crüe songs for DLC. Mötley Crüe is a great band (Too bad that they've lost a lot of the spark of energy that they had during the 80's), and Dr. Feelgood is a classic album in the history of hard rock and heavy metal. Too bad I'm not able to download it.
-My Name is Jonas by Weezer
-Brother by Pearl Jam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: