FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I need a new bass pedal... and fast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSGamer3002  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: I need a new bass pedal... and fast Reply with quote

I know this is probably the wrong place to ask, but I'm in a hurry because the drums I'm using I'm actually borrowing from a friend, and he wants them back next weekend. Today the pedal completely broke in half, and even the strongest tape in my hardware store won't keep it together.

Basically, does anybody here know if you can buy just the pedal at a local store (Target, Best Buy, Gamestop, etc.) or something? And if so, how much? If not, then what's my next best option to get a new pedal/fix this one without it being noticeable that it was broken in the first place?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all don't try and hide it.

Second you should probably try and get one on ebay.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evacity wrote:
First of all don't try and hide it.

Second you should probably try and get one on ebay.

How long does it take for people to ship stuff on eBay usually? (I'm very unfamiliar with it.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on when the auction ends and what shipping the y us usually 2-5 days for shipping. Just tell your friend you broke it but you are replacing it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evacity wrote:
Depends on when the auction ends and what shipping the y us usually 2-5 days for shipping. Just tell your friend you broke it but you are replacing it.

Well, I'm looking through all of these listings for "rock band pedal" and they're all mods, not just a brand new pedal.

Really long address compressed into here.

Do you know how reliable/easy to install that is? Sorry for these nub questions...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to radioshack or somewhere and get a sustain pedal...the ones used for piano keyboards..cheap..and reliable..i have one for my roland EP and a spare for RB just in case

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2545581&cp=&sr=1&kw=pedal&origkw=pedal&parentPage=search[/url]
DSGamer3002  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epsil0n wrote:
go to radioshack or somewhere and get a sustain pedal...the ones used for piano keyboards..cheap..and reliable..i have one for my roland EP and a spare for RB just in case

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2545581&cp=&sr=1&kw=pedal&origkw=pedal&parentPage=search[/url]

Eh... I play piano and I know how small a piano pedal is; I don't think it'd be much of a replacement.

Can anyone confirm if http://www.pedalmetals.com is reliable, and if the "Diamond Plate with Hinge" petal is any good?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try and hurry and do the RMA process, as far as I know, they are not doing the 60 day thing again yet, this may take a couple weeks to get the pedal though...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bassanisquickplay
raunch99 wrote:
Congratulations! This accomplishment will go unmatched for quite some time I'd imagine.
Eyce  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show him the snapped pedal and then proceed to direct him to a forum search on here documenting the copious amounts of complaints and fixes that are here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: