FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Red and Bass Drum more important?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siberian  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Red and Bass Drum more important? Reply with quote

It doesn't say this anywhere in the manual or the tutorials but last night when playing a drumming tip popped up that said if your having trouble to concentrate on the Red & Bass drum first because the crowd won't notice if you miss one of the other colors as much...

Just found it interesting and it does seem to be true. Before if I started to have trouble I'd concentrate on just hitting say the yellows first. But now that I'm trying to do the red/bass first I'm not failing as quickly.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats odd.
One would think majority of players are right handed. And then they would be able to have best control with the right hand, which is for mostly Blue and Green and occasional Yellow.
So I find it odd theyd prioritize the 2 "weaker" functions for the average player.
Oh well.

And when you say the crowd doesnt mind, you mean they dont boo as much (which I could care less) or the rock meter doesnt drop as hard?

Last edited by TheGlow on Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
i5hawn  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on hard/expert this doesn't really mean a hill of beans. your rock meter just drops way to much on missed hits/kicks
defiler47  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT makes since the red and the bass is the main beat and the most important part of the drums when the other other notes usually act as rides
LongSockSilver  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to make a topic for this. Just saw the screen and found it interesting. I think it should be taken literally, and I have reason to believe that your rock meter goes up faster with red/bass hits than the others.

<smokyprogg> I fced Mother before Cherry Pie
<dho> I FCeD YOUR MOTHER BEFORE I ATE HER CHERRY PIE
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LongSockSilver wrote:
I was just about to make a topic for this. Just saw the screen and found it interesting. I think it should be taken literally, and I have reason to believe that your rock meter goes up faster with red/bass hits than the others.

whats ur reason for believing this?
metasynthie  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
Thats odd.
One would think majority of players are right handed. And then they would be able to have best control with the right hand, which is for mostly Blue and Green and occasional Yellow.

That's why you play with your hands crossed!

Actually I had two rock band parties this weekend and a bunch of people found the hands-crossed style easier, even people who had never played drums or GH before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Metasynthie
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghozt360 wrote:
LongSockSilver wrote:

I think his reason is the loading screen tip that states exactly that.

And as far as the right handed thing goes, most of the constant rhythm patterns I noticed were constant yellow/blue/green hits , so you do use your right hand the majority of the time it seems to me.
youhas  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to try it yourself, at the start of a song with no drum bits whatsoever. Hit the bass or the red, and see how much your rock meter drops. Hit another drum instead, and see how your rock meter drops by much less. It definitely affects the rock meter going down, and certainly seems to behave similarily for filling it back up. (Find a song on Easy with enough isolated notes near the beginning to confirm, if you're really that curious.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
LongSockSilver  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghozt360 wrote:
LongSockSilver wrote:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1755

<smokyprogg> I fced Mother before Cherry Pie
<dho> I FCeD YOUR MOTHER BEFORE I ATE HER CHERRY PIE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: