FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
who else doesn't like the buttons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rude95841  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: who else doesn't like the buttons? Reply with quote

i wish they stuck up out of the fretboard more. when they are flush i have problems finding them sometimes.

so I'm thinking of gluing some raised buttons on top of the current ones. and hopefully that will make it easier ( yes including the solo buttons. I'll figure this out and let you all know how it works.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Toasterfurry  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Strat's buttons. Makes the guitar itself look a whole lot more realistic.

5 *'d GGAHT 1st try! Woo.
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I end up holding extra buttons. For example on a GB chord my pinkie will slightly cross the corner of the yellow and the yellow will be held down as well and cause me to miss the chord. I've adjusted to that though, so it's not that big of a deal anymore. As far as the solo buttons, they're just too darned small for me.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or when my pinky is on the fret after Orange. and you miss the end wankery. Hehe.

But after 2 days or so it grows on you.
It works well for me and my hopos since I tend to slide around as often as pick up and press.
I dunno. still mixed opinions on it
chillzatl  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm pretty happy overall with the strat. It feels more like my real strat, which is nice and IMO, the guitar itself makes the game more challenging because the finger spacing on the buttons is wider than the GH controllers and that stresses your hand a bit more. I wish the strum had a click to it, though I can understand why they ditched it.
parodygm  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the new Strat, both the buttons and the strum bar. I much prefer to play bass lines on this guitar - upstrumming feels a lot nicer on the non-clicky bar.

Very happy with the guitar aside from the fact it broke twice in the first week. Fixed the strum bar by bending back the contacts and fixed the broken spring on the whammy with half of a spring from a ball point pen.
jaycue  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the strat buttons a lot, especially the solo buttons. I started using just the solo buttons during entire songs just to get used to them, now i use them 90% of the time. I it makes some sections of songs a lot easier(green orange HO/PO and chords) and also is just different
Vanguard  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the strat for the hour it worked.

The only major complaint is that it doesn't feel solid at all...the connection between body and neck feels very fragile and can bend pretty easy. Right when I pulled it out of the box I could hear that area creaking and croaking like an old screen door. If it felt as rock solid as the LP (even with a bolt-on neck), it would be absolutely perfect IMO.
dragoon013  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt like the Strat lived up to most of my expectations of it, other than it's imperfect strum bar detection. I like the feel of the Guitar, the option of the solo buttons, the placement of everything. It feels a bit fragile, yes. But the original SG felt a little fragile to me at the time, too, and it has held up for several years now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: