FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/7 DLC - Offspring 3-pack plus 6 more tracks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnragedLobster  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Offspring songs are awesome. Again, easy, but awesome nonetheless. I played Gone Away on my terrible drum set and had a blast. I really wish that the intro pattern happened again, though.
3. Kaki King - Junior
4. Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
5. Protest the Hero - Kezia

PleadtheFifth  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUH-BUH-BUH-BUH-BUH-BAD! BAD TO THE BONE

*insert riff here*

FINALLY

pretty fly also

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your gonna go far kid pl0x
Beat Expert Vocals [ ]
15 Expert Guitar GS's [X]
20 Expert Guitar GS's [X]
10 Expert Guitar FC's [X]
===============================
-----------------Guitar Hero Goals------------------
Beat Guitar Hero 2 Expert [X]
Beat Guitar Hero 3 Expert [X]
Start Playing Guitar Hero 2 & 3 Again [X]
500K GH2 [ ]
500K GH3 [X ]
Get Guitar Hero: Aerosmith [X] (Reserved)
Get Guitar Hero 4 [ ] (For Sure)
===============================
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: KILLERSEVEN777
Starz007  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Offspring pack is great! All Right Now sucks on guitar, but I'm hoping other band members will enjoy it. Bad to the Bone is ok on guitar, very repetitive. I'm skipping the other stuff for now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished up downloading and playing all three Offspring songs and Nearly Lost You on expert drums. I gold starred all three Offspring songs on my sightread and they were all fun to play, although I don't think that Pretty Fly for a White Guy is one of their better songs. Nearly Lost You gave me some trouble as it can be pretty tricky on a sightread so I just barely 5 starred it. It is a good song and very fun to play. Overall though this seems to be a pretty good week for DLC.
duck  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent glanced at any other posts in here, but just incase nobody has done videos for them yet, here they are.

pretty fly guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpVdAdBkh_4
gone away guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3zAerimq9w
self esteem guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xaPGoBrhrs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Offspring Pack is now in my top 5 favorite packs. (not counting albums)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duck wrote:
havent glanced at any other posts in here, but just incase nobody has done videos for them yet, here they are.

What kind of capture device are you using? The framerate is extremely.... low. Almost looks like Windows Movie Maker. Don't use it, it's awful in every imaginable way.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a vid of self esteem bass? That's what I'm really looking forward too, probably won't buy anything til the weekend but it would be nice to see
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Anyone have a vid of self esteem bass? That's what I'm really looking forward too, probably won't buy anything til the weekend but it would be nice to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aziGctaBw0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Npeaen wrote:
duck wrote:

What kind of capture device are you using? The framerate is extremely.... low. Almost looks like Windows Movie Maker. Don't use it, it's awful in every imaginable way.

a dazzle. and i have no choice but to record straight from youtube =\
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
echorocks  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which is the best on guitar and drums?(seperately)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Push It
Guitar by npean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PdcELQ4QCI
Drums by bradabenton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIRPLJYHehU

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Chandlah  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Self Esteem is pretty much FTW. Never heard of any of the other songs.

1 song is good tho =]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

lolol.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Right Now is the second final-tier VOX dlc.

HARMONIX GOT OVER THEIR FEAR!!!!

Bad to the Bone: Fairly simple, very repetitive, semi-fun solos. the only issue that should kill your FC are some semi-fast trill-type things in the second solo. But try and save your overdrive for the HUGE streams of easy-to-combo tri-chords in both solos.

But, a classic song. The chart could be entirely 3-note hammeron chords and everyone would still love it. You can't NOT love this song.

Push It: This song is physically painful to play. I love the song to listen to, but that's the first time I've ever felt the urge to pause while playing guitar/bass since my sightread of GG&HT x-bass. I didn't have to pause, but CRAMPS.

But, I do love the song. Maybe Static-X will open the doors for more, as I call it, StupidRock. Aka, very heavy, but simplistic, and not particularly meaningful (most of the time) metal music. Not that any of this is a bad thing. I guess I'm saying, in a roundabout way, that hopefully we'll see some Powerman 5000 dlc in the future. I would pee myself.

Nearly Lost You: a bit repetitive, but very fun. definately the most fun out of these three on guitar. a great song, and a somewhat-challenging (for most people) solo. You won't fail in it, but it can break your combo.

I had always heard of the screaming trees, but I had never actually heard their music. I quite like it.

Pretty Fly (for a White Guy): A lot of people love this song because they've heard it so much. A lot of people hate this song because everyone else loves it so much. I think I may be one of a few who actually love this song for it's musical merits. Meaning, I actually enjoy how it sounds. Anyways, in terms of playing, it's a very amazingly fun chordfest. I only missed once, because my fingers hate going from to and back again. but very fun, and that fast series of seemingly random chords at the very end of each chorus is definately amazing. I can never comprehend what's going on, but my fingers just naturally move to the right frets, and it's super fantastic.

Stop!: I think this week, at least based on the songs I bought (I've heard that cream and bastards rise, as well as gone away aren't too great on guitar) are some of the most amazingly fun chordfests ever. Yeah, Push It is super awkward and painful, but Stop!, Bad to the Bone, Nearly Lost You (although idk if that could qualify as a chordfest) and Pretty Fly all make up for it.

Moving on to the song at hand, very fun, although no particular part stands out as particularly memorable. but I'll probably come back to play the song a lot.

BASS CHARTS:

Push It (FC): Hm. maybe it's because I love the song. but I really enjoyed this bass part. I mean, it was all 8th notes (IIRC), and only TWO notes in the entire song were NOT on either the yellow or green fret. It was horribly repetitive (even for a bass part). By all logic, I should hate this bass part. and I expect most people to. But, lo and behold, I had a lot of fun playing that riff. Over and over.

Nearly Lost You (FC): I don't think this deserves to be a tier zero bass part. I mean, I FC'd it, but it has some tricky stuff. a lot of weird consecutive double-strums at different speeds, and some hammer-ons. Not hard, but for bass, not tier 1. it's fairly varied, for bass, and fairly fun. not my favorite bassline, but certaintly not bad in any way, shape, or form.

Stop! (98%): Another one that probably shouldn't be tier 0. Very much like Nearly Lost You, meaning some odd strumming once in a while and some easy hopos, but this song has a few more moderately-difficult to hit bass fills. Maybe it's because the song is shorter, and got repetitive less quickly, but I enjoyed it more than Nearly Lost You.

Bad to the Bone (99%): This is an odd song. for 98% of the time, you're playing the same simple riff, over and over again. In the second half of the song, there are some minorly-tricky fills (one hopo scale caught me off guard and stole my FC), but, just like Push It, a funny thing happens. No matter how long the song drags on, this riff never ceases to be fun to me. I guess I just got caught up in the groove or something.

Pretty Fly (for a White Guy) (FC): Just like guitar seemed to be the week of the surprisingly-fun-chordfests, this week seems to be the week of the surprisingly-fun-tier-0-basslines.

As for the song, it's basically the same as the guitar part, but without chords. and its probably a little less fun, but a very enjoyable bassline.

Last edited by machetemonkey on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: