FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I need an intervention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themightytaco  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: I need an intervention Reply with quote

So I can't stop playing this damn game.

I know many/most of you guys are hell-bent on wringing every last point out of every last song, but I'm on a different bender. Since I'm a horrid, horrid singer, I figure step one for me is to GS everything, THEN I'll start going back for the FC's and, if I ever reach THAT phase, then I'll start using paths and mapping.

That said, I CAN'T STOP MYSELF FROM PLAYING THIS GAME. I own and have almost gone thru ALL the DLC (except the Megadeth pack which I haven't bothered getting yet.) I don't have the BEST scores in the world, but right now I'm kind of amused having the MOST scores in the world.

It's coolies to see myself ranked #1 in DLC -- even though it's definitely temporary since TwistedOak and others are steadily FCing everything in order... still, I'll do my happy dance and declare myself King of the World for the short term ;)

My hats off to you folks who can FC all these songs... as a SH newbie, my mind's blown away at the work and talent you guys put in... I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to evolve my Boston & Who scores past what they are now (let alone Sleep-freaking-Walker, Spoon-freaking-man, and that Chili Pep song that's on fast forward,) but it's sure fun to keep trying and to watch you guys routinely kick my butt.

-taco
Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with what you're doing if you're having fun.

Everyone plays the game in their own way for their own reasons. I just like some of the music, and I adore playing in band mode with friends, which makes even the stuff I don't like much bearable.

And who knows? Every song you sing adds a new trick to your vocal arsenal - the more songs you sing, the better you get at other songs you thought were impossible before.
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm like a really slow train... I got about 8 songs done from the dlc for the whole week...

As long as you enjoy singing the songs, why does score matter? I know we're on a site dedicated to score and that's an aspect of the game, but a lot of us forget the fun part of it sometimes. As long as you keep having fun, that's all that matters!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ol expect me to be up there w/ u soon...im gonna have a vocal marathon actually.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about not being able to stop playing RB2. I think the Battles and Challenges make it more interesting and there are so many great songs. Owning most of the DLC it feels like I'll never get through all of it, but man, it is a blast!

You will be surprised in a month or so how much better you are doing if you just keep going over some of the songs. I remember finally getting gold on Reptilia on x vox in RB1, which is something I would never have thought possible when I started on Medium vox.

Enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: