FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
lack of vocalists / embarassment
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophrosyne  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickisimo wrote:
Sophrosyne wrote:
I've grown quite fond of singing. I'm slowly but surely making my way up the leaderboards (I'm currently #200-something I think).
So far I've:

*Got 1st place on the leaderboards for 3s & 7s. (yay!!)
*Gold star-ed N.I.B. and now I'm in 2nd place.

I'm in the top 50 - 200's for most other songs too ^_^

Singing is lots of fun. Practice makes perfect!

Welcome to SH, Sophro. I think I played Vocals for the first time online with you and some of your friends, and you guys were so cool about it. If you had made fun of me I'd probably have never sung again!

Hey!!! I remember playing with you We definitely have to play together again! I'm sure you've gotten incredibly awesome on vocals since then *cough* Mr. #9 on the leaderboards *cough* ;)

My Expert Vocals Vids / My Rocker Profile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Sophrosyne
tdchewy  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love doing Vocals..It's so much fun..See my sig for my youtube vids..I don't mute my mic, cuz I dont think theres any point in posting a video that ends up looking like demo mode or something. No offense to anyone else though, Its just my preference

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, singing fuckin rocks. i wasn't shy at all when i first tried it cause i'm like eh...fuck it, it's just a game if people give me crap for a game they really dont have much going on for them. i have a girl who has a voice like an angel, but she never sings...it sucks but at least i have fun. especially when i play drums, made a mic stand with a broom, vacuum, and tape, it rocks! i'm so poor
beingmused about the strat wrote:
beingmused wrote:
Everyone should be happy with them, except those that demand a clicky strum bar (which I've never understood. When watching videos, it always makes me cringe when people have clicky strumbars...it sounds like someone is playing Hungry Hungry Hippos nearby).
Captain-Emily  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the exception of one person, everyone I've played with refuses to sing. Most of the time, they claim they can't sing or don't want to look stupid.

Apparently, playing with little plastic toy guitars and color-coded plastic drum sets is ok, but singing in public or at least the living room, isn't. Go figure. =op

I started singing when our band was in the middle of a long setlist and the singer left. I was badgered into handing off my bass and picking up the mic. I felt like an idiot and just mumbled and whispered my way through it.

Then I waited until everyone was gone and tried again. Like several people have mentioned, I was surprised at how fun it really was.

Now I sing loudly, try to mimic the artists (even ones I have no business mimicking like Metallica), and even dance on occasion. (Most notably to Ballroom Blitz, My Sharona, Flirtin' with Disaster, and the Ramones' songs.) People laugh, but it's fun.
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually noticed an improvement in my real-life singing from all the time I've spent on RB Vocals. I mean, I can't change the nasal God-given voice I was blessed/cursed with, but I think I'm a lot more pitch-aware than I used to be.

I've got some friends down here from hockey/school that are in a band, like grunge metal/emo/alternative...who knows ...anyway, one of them watched me sing some stuff and saw my vids and said it would be cool if I wanted to drop by and do a little singing, basically screamo stuff like "Attack". Screaming tends to hide a bad voice. They already have a guy who I don't really know all that well who's decent as their full-time singer, so it would be a for shits 'n' giggles type thing, but I would have never even thought to do that before RB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: