FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 2 - Review and Impressions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! now i really need to get this game!!

...only, World Tour is gonna be SOOOOOOO PISSED at meh cuz im not buying it (i would, but i got space issuse with my room)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
dps2002  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one question regarding lag calibration.

If you are not going to play Rock Band 2 with the new RB2 guitar, but are instead going to play it with the RB1 Strat or the GHWT guitar, are there still the standard options for calibrations that were present in RB1?

Example: I play Rock Band on either a CRT TV or an LCD TV. Are the options to calibrate for CRT or LCD still present?

Aside from that question, I'm very impressed by the review. Excellent job as always.
ErikSchierboom  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very well written review, but that part of not listing bass highscores really disappoints me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused. All of the replies in this thread make it seem like the game hasn't already been out for a while. Did i get sucked into some kind of time warp?
HyadesD4  

Location: A long-ass fuckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great review, fun to read and it covers just about everything, including upcoming features I didn't know about. Just one nitpick however: Flirtin' With Disaster was Tier 7 in RB1, not Tier 9.

MasterNobody wrote:
And somebody make D4 a banner! ^^^ He's an awesome guy and doesn't afraid of anything.
muna  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who exactly wrote the review or contributed the most to the review?

It is a great review. I got my first vocal FC because of it (Watcha want).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well written indeed. Something you forgot to mention though is how the Hammer ons, and Pull offs are easier to notice in rock band 2.
gdubs  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note wrote:
# Breakneck Speed: ******** - Increase the scrolling speed of instrument tracks!

Is that what I think it is? Does it work, do your scores update with this "HS" enabled?

It is exactly what you think it is, and it does not disable saving/achievements/XBL - so yes, it will still post leaderboard scores.
sunshine  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the manually placed HOPOs, I was under the impression that they were not intentionally removing ANY HOPOs that are supposed to be that way engine wise, but instead were merely adding some HOPOs where it made sense to. If I'm correct then the thing about this implementation also being done so there's no more Laid To Rest Endings is incorrect, because if it would come up as all HOPOs before the manual stuff then it would stay that way.
HerbieHero  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great review, but I have one question: Under Quickplay, you said that Solo quickplay tracks scores for each instrument (except bass). Is this so? Because it would contradict what I've heard said on the RB side, unless there's been a patch released or something (or I simply misunderstood the comments, which is entirely possible).
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HerbieHero wrote:
Great review, but I have one question: Under Quickplay, you said that Solo quickplay tracks scores for each instrument (except bass). Is this so? Because it would contradict what I've heard said on the RB side, unless there's been a patch released or something (or I simply misunderstood the comments, which is entirely possible).

It definitely does. When I go into quickplay as a solo drummer, the score it shows for a given song is my solo drums score, not my overall high score with 2 people.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
cdietschrun  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the exports, from the review:

"Once the export is complete, you are free to delete any songs that you would rather not play anymore. "

Does anyone know if this applies or not to the PS3? I have exported my DLC already and I don't see a way of deleting certain DLC before importing into RB2 when I get it. I hope it's possible.
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdietschrun wrote:
Regarding the exports, from the review:

"Once the export is complete, you are free to delete any songs that you would rather not play anymore. "

Does anyone know if this applies or not to the PS3? I have exported my DLC already and I don't see a way of deleting certain DLC before importing into RB2 when I get it. I hope it's possible.

As far as I know there is no way for us PS3 users to delete transferred/downloaded songs off our consoles.

And to quote

Ice wrote:
Nice review, the 19th can't come soon enough.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dps2002 wrote:
I have one question regarding lag calibration.

If you are not going to play Rock Band 2 with the new RB2 guitar, but are instead going to play it with the RB1 Strat or the GHWT guitar, are there still the standard options for calibrations that were present in RB1?

Example: I play Rock Band on either a CRT TV or an LCD TV. Are the options to calibrate for CRT or LCD still present?

Aside from that question, I'm very impressed by the review. Excellent job as always.

Without the RB2 Strat, you are able to "Calibrate Lag Manually" Which works just like the GH franchise's lag calibration. You strum along with clicks for audio, and a "Metronome" like needle for video. Seems to work ok, but for my brother's DLP Projection TV, did not seem to hit the calibration just right, but that could be user error...

***Edited for spelling error...***

Well to be fair, the band IS called AC/DC.
They have to take a while to convert to European plugs, see.

Twang wrote:

I always said, everything sounds like crap when your head is lodged firmly in your ass.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Stargazer3777
M002  

Location: Westhampton, Suffolk County, Long Island, NY, U.S.A. Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very solid review
I love the game
and Rock Band 2 is great
songs are awesome
and its just fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: