FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How should I position everything?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evanft  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: How should I position everything? Reply with quote

Where should the drums be relative to my knees? How far away from them should I be?

When the notes come by, play them on the guitar. Don''t fail by the end of the song.
dochogan  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When sitting at a real kit, the snare drum is between your knees, or maybe a little closer, with the head a couple inches at most above your leg.

With that in mind, I pretty much center the red pad right in front of me at about knees' length. It's height is at elbow height with my arms down at my sides.

The bass pedal is on the close bar and in the center.
[Eruption -Van Halen(GH)] [Prelude to Madness/Hall of the Mountain King -Savatage]
[Zoot Suit Riot -CPD] [Any Vai-era or Shut Up n Play Zappa(GH)]
Code:
Obyron: ...the [One] chart for the solo in GH3 looks like someone just ate a bunch of skittles and then threw up on the note chart
G-Rad  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly how I play my kit,

Red pad centered between my knees, other pads ascending to my right, kic,k pedal centered between the blue and yellow pads.. it almost feels like a e-drum kit then.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious - does anyone else (maybe someone in the top 10) play with the kit positioned differently?

I've been having problems doing the bass pedal fast enough consistently on certain songs (Dani California, Welcome Home to name a couple), though I would have no problem playing them on a real kit. Now obviously part of the reason is the Rock Band bass pedal itself (it's too tight), but I'm sure I could do better if I had a better setup. Any tips for how high my throne should be (or anything else)? Note that even though I've been playing real drums (as a hobby mostly, not in a band) for awhile, I never really learned how to set everything up properly.
10 million (currently 10.53 million!)

FC Epic

Cyberscore - Great high scores site for other games

Last edited by Drakken on Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drakken688
defiler47  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I center the red pad right above my left knee with the base pedal to the right.
Even though I play my real kit with the snare between my knees it felt more comfortable with the red pad centered above my left knee.
The distance is so my leg is perpendicular to the ground.
5 star every song on Expert Drums Career 57/58 (RttH 4*)
Gold stars on Expert drums 42
UvulaBob wrote:
c541tim wrote:
hey i crack my foot pedle on each side of the orange thing can i send for a new if its just crack like that or what should i do?
Go back to school?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: