FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
(7/14 THE BEATLES PREVIEW) NYC - Rock Band Night Done Right!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
count220  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: (7/14 THE BEATLES PREVIEW) NYC - Rock Band Night Done Right! Reply with quote

[EDIT 7/13]
NOTE: This event is 21+ only.

MTV, Harmonix and yours truly will be hosting a playable preview of the much anticipated The Beatles: Rock Band this Tuesday night at The Village Pourhouse, in Manhattan's East Village.

If you're in the New York area and want to some hands-on with the Fab Four-themed music game (months before its September 9 release), swing by the Pourhouse for a drink and a chance to mingle with some of your friends from MTV and Harmonix.

You can RSVP on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129315617467&ref=ts

Hope to see you there!
----------------------

Join us at The Village Pourhouse to get your hands on the music videogame making news around the globe before it’s released this September!

The Beatles: Rock Band allows fans to pick up the guitar, bass mic or drums and experience The Beatles’ extraordinary catalogue of music through gameplay that takes players on a journey through the legacy and evolution of the band’s legendary career.

We’ll be showing off 10 songs from the game disc including “Here Comes The Sun,” “I Want To Hold Your Hand,” “Octopus’s Garden,” “Taxman” and more!

There will be a limited open bar for part of the night.

Date:
Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Time:
8:00pm - 11:00pm

64 Third Ave at 11th St.
New York, NY

Last edited by count220 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:00 pm; edited 26 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: smeeguel
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

If I am not too busy that day I'll sure go down and support! That $20 all you can drink looks really good for an AA member like myself ^_^

My YouTube Channel
Gno  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there and I bring a few
CraZy  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo man, i wanna go. any way you can help me get in, since im still only 20. =[ let me know what you can work out.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
count220  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnut check your inbox.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraZy wrote:
yo man, i wanna go. any way you can help me get in, since im still only 20. =[ let me know what you can work out.

same here
well maybe i can just show em my ID and hope they dont know how to do math i've gotten away with it before
PLEEEASSEEEEE can you find out anyway I can get in to?
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiNTSiZETHRiLLA wrote:
CraZy wrote:

same here
well maybe i can just show em my ID and hope they dont know how to do math i've gotten away with it before

You can probably get in no problem if it was run by HMX since they can't even do the math on the leaderboard lol.

My YouTube Channel
count220  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiNTSiZETHRiLLA wrote:
CraZy wrote:

same here

I've never seen anyone checking ID at the Pourhouse... as long as you get there early (while the dinner crowd is there) you might have a shot at getting in. No promises though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh...the only bad night for me I'll try and make it as often as I can, but that's the girlfriend night, so unless she comes, I can't make it. Hopefully I'll be around every once and a whlie!
Torondor  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds so great- ive always wanted to start a rockband night or something with that same exact setup in white plains, but never could get the ball rolling. it just sucks for me to get into the city on a weeknight. il let my friends know who live in the city for sure. let us know how it goes

PiNTSiZETHRiLLA  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

train directions? imma take a wild guess and say any train that goes to west 4th street and find my way around? i just need the stop closest to the bar and i could find my way from there.
Sophrosyne  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is going to be awesome! I'll definitely be there this coming Tues but I'm not sure how many times I can go since I have a class from 7-8:15 on Tuesdays but I'll do my best to go as much as I can xD.

My Expert Vocals Vids / My Rocker Profile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Sophrosyne
nipps  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AvocadoRivalry wrote:
Ugh...the only bad night for me I'll try and make it as often as I can, but that's the girlfriend night, so unless she comes, I can't make it. Hopefully I'll be around every once and a whlie!

i still dont think your 21!! haha

but tuesday night is hard! damn people like me who start work early in the morning and have a wife and kids at home!
i ll try my best to come!
x2fr  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st. Congrats & thanks for doing this.

2nd. I am so fucking there. Let me know if you guys need me to bring any equipment or anything. I've got an extra copy of RB2, mics, strats, les pauls lying around... I'll try and bring some friends too...

sweet.

Wulfgrenade (real band)
http://www.wulfgrenade.com

The Gurn Killers win the Harrah's $10K Rock Band Tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PsAmMa6YQ4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x2fr PSN Name: x2fr
count220  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your support!! I can't wait til Tuesday. All the gear ($4000 worth) has been trickling in the last couple of weeks and BOY ARE WE PISSING OFF OUR NEIGHBORS!!

The 1080p projector looks amazing, and today we got floor stands for two of the LCDs. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the drummer's monitor, perhaps put it on top of a cabinet in front of the drum kit, and put the Xbox, video splitter and PA console in there too. Any suggestions? I have to make a run to Best Buy tomorrow to get last-minute extension cords.

Plus you bet we'll have the Offspring DLC there as well as Bad to the Bone and All Right Now. Any other requests from next week's releases?

I also got confirmation from Harmonix that their first "swag pack" will be here Monday with a few giveaway goodies. And the bar is being incredibly generous about drink specials and letting us give away bar tabs as prizes. $100 for the best rock outfit, so SUIT UP!!!

As far as what's the closest stop... I don't know where you're coming from so I'd just Hopstop it. The venue is on 11th and 3rd. The closest stop is probaby the 6 train at Astor Place.

SEE EVERYONE THERE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: