FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So whats' the new Jordan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shchmue  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt like I was playing Jordan on my SR of Pleasure (Pleasure)... relatively easy song then the Guitar Ostinato section beginning the solo is brutal. It is a pretty simple pattern, it's just unexpected and fast.
punkmetalpimp677  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sethkiserster wrote:
just wait. if something by Dream Theater, lets say Honor Thy Father, shows up as dlc then there ya go. they rape, every member of the band is exceptional and it would prove 2 be challenge im sure. also in that its nearly 11 min. long..lol
something will turn up eventually

plus i would care 2 wager that some heavier stuff will start showing up for those of us who seek it, or id like 2 hope so

Honor Thy Father would be ridiculous on drums, but I'm a huge DT fan and I'm 99% sure there's no solo in that song. I'd love to see a Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence DLC or something--a 42 minute song. How's that for epic? Or In The Presence Of Enemies, Home, Endless Sacrifice...the list goes on and on.

I've never played GH1 so I can't attest to the hard songs there, but I will say GG&HT is waaaaay harder than Freya and Free Bird. Solo 1 is really easy but for solo 2 they basically took the hard parts of FB (solo c and something like i or j, i forget exactly) and made them the last 20% of the song. Those trichromatic oscillations (in solo 2H of GG&HT and I guess 2I or 2J) are really hard, mainly cuz they never seem to end. I always need a ton of overdrive for that. As far as Freya, hell yeah it hurts, and it's harder to 5* cuz you can't keep a streak, but no way is it harder to beat. But yeah, GG&HT is a lot < Jordan. The "next Jordan" will likely be something through DLC or come out with customs. On a side note, it's obvious why they didn't put Jordan or an equivalent in RB--just look at Jordan's bass. It's probably the easiest bass/rhythm in GH2. I doubt the drums would be any different. AND it's instrumental. It would be really easy to beat--everyone saves overdrive to save the guitarist twice during the solo. DT is about the best choice I can think of for a full-band Jordan experience, I could see Trivium or A7X being a real challenge as well, although I suppose for early Trivium stuff alot of the vocals would be talky parts with the screaming and all.
Protein
Sev

LISTEN TO THEM AND SPREAD THE WORD!

(Dream Theater is still the best band ever)
lynch012  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine trying to play a song like Jordan in BWT, that would be so frustrating.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Gitykins- wrote:
Blackened is fucking ridiculous. I almost failed under SP in that damn solo.

Same, and I consider myself a good player.
RedTsunami  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...although it's no Jordan, for me it's gonna have to be Working Man. I dunno why...it just seems really Jordany to me...

You're sick.
1. [] 5* TtFatF (only 4* so far)
2. [X] Beat expert drums before kick pedal breaks.
3. [X] Beat expert 5* guitar (Nov 3rd, 2007)
4. X[] Get sigged (WOOT! [damn, I missed])
SIG COUNT: 3 times! <o_0<
bostonfreak111  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is one, it will probably come as DLC, none of the songs are that hard yet. Green Grass is hard but because its really long, and is a lot like freebird.
Tempest  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shchmue wrote:
I felt like I was playing Jordan on my SR of Pleasure (Pleasure)... relatively easy song then the Guitar Ostinato section beginning the solo is brutal. It is a pretty simple pattern, it's just unexpected and fast.

Ehhh it's really easy to get down though. I can almost get 100% on it one-handed, and I can consistently tap all the way up to the scales at the very end of it. I'd have to say GGaHT is the closest to the next Jordan, but it's nowhere near on the same level.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I dont think there will be a new Jordan. I personally think Jordan was kinda a joke for people sightreading through the game. And if there was ever gonna be a new Jordan, it would probably stay in the Guitar Hero series, which is currently TTATF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: