FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So whats' the new Jordan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sethkiserster  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wait. if something by Dream Theater, lets say Honor Thy Father, shows up as dlc then there ya go. they rape, every member of the band is exceptional and it would prove 2 be challenge im sure. also in that its nearly 11 min. long..lol
something will turn up eventually

plus i would care 2 wager that some heavier stuff will start showing up for those of us who seek it, or id like 2 hope so
directshot999  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamchris4life wrote:
Blackened by Metallica DLC hands downs hardest solo

Agreed. Ride the Lightning can be comboed if you're awesome at ziggies, but Blackened can't be unless you're just awesome at hitting seemingly random notes (btw the actual chart is in my signature).
mindsink  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sethkiserster wrote:
just wait. if something by Dream Theater, lets say Honor Thy Father, shows up as dlc then there ya go. they rape, every member of the band is exceptional and it would prove 2 be challenge im sure. also in that its nearly 11 min. long..lol

plus i would care 2 wager that some heavier stuff will start showing up for those of us who seek it, or id like 2 hope so

Here... Not the best chart job I've seen, but interesting to watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nllGNpE91E&feature=related
smackdown85146  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is probably no new jordan yet ... it's hard to tell right now. but green grass might be it in my opinion. but the new jordan would have to be extremely long with a ton on trills in the solos (no ... not ttfaf)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackened by Metallica is one of, if not, THE hardest for all four parts.

I can't even begin to comprehend the random-note solo and the clusterf**k drumming.

Ride the Lightning is probably the closest to Jordan, guitar-wise.

Lag exists in real life. Remember, when Jesus died, it took him 3 days to respawn.
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonforce in RB ftw!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i failed the beginning of the ride the lightning solo on my sight read way back then.

i didn't even come close to failing blackened's solo. it is hard though!
DanSamp  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing in the game, so far, is even close.

Blackened? Please... The random note part lasts for 3 seconds and the rest of the solo is easy.
Ride the Lightning? Easy ziggies that are not difficult at all.
Freebird? Oh right, I meant Green Grass and High Tides.

I still can't combo ANY of Jordan's solo b or c, and I consider myself to be a pretty good player.

Just hope for a really tough DLC song .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtresso wrote:
Dragonforce in RB ftw!

Could they change de bass for the other guitar???

Maybe keep the "Bass" sign, but do the Rhytme guitar !! doing a "Duo" would be nice in rock band. And i "high note" signer would be funny too lol.

Lol, i admit, that would be cool
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

QFT. Dream Theater would knock everyone's socks off. The hard part is picking an adequate song since the singer would be bored in most of their stuff and there are a lot of times that are keyboard-driven. I can't say I would pick Honor Thy Father as the optimal choice, so many great choices instrumentally. (Stream of Consciousness is a good instrumental choice, but it's just that -- an instrumental. Maybe Lie, as one of their supposed singles that does kinda work, or just Metropolis Pt 1 or Take the Time.)

BTW, why do people keep saying that zig-zags are easy? Just because they are in Free Bird and some of you had the patience to practice them does NOT make them easy. I barely limp along on them. (Granted, I try to strictly hammer-on with no pull-offs, which might have something to do with it.)
Ghazken  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
Quote:

QFT. Dream Theater would knock everyone's socks off. The hard part is picking an adequate song since the singer would be bored in most of their stuff and there are a lot of times that are keyboard-driven. I can't say I would pick Honor Thy Father as the optimal choice, so many great choices instrumentally. (Stream of Consciousness is a good instrumental choice, but it's just that -- an instrumental. Maybe Lie, as one of their supposed singles that does kinda work, or just Metropolis Pt 1 or Take the Time.)

BTW, why do people keep saying that zig-zags are easy? Just because they are in Free Bird and some of you had the patience to practice them does NOT make them easy. I barely limp along on them. (Granted, I try to strictly hammer-on with no pull-offs, which might have something to do with it.)

Quoted again because... well... truth like this deserves it.

Man, I know it isn't their biggest Guitar song, but man, Pull Me Under would absolutely own in Rockband. Vox would rock, and Drums would be a beast, and even this song has some parts for guitar that would be absolutely brutal.

I would pay triple the price for this song on DLC.
Ghazken  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and in answer to the OP question about what song is the New Jordan...

Well, it's definately not GG&HT...

cuz nobody has FC'ed GG&HT yet.
Adramelech  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this is getting off-topic, but "The Glass Prison" would be my pick for best overall DT song to get the Rock Band treatment. That song has absolutely everything for each instrument/band member, everyone gets a chance to shine.
-Gitykins-  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackened is fucking ridiculous. I almost failed under SP in that damn solo.

Misrouo? How far away from Gergorge is that?

Ah, the epicness I created.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Dream Theater folks, if or until the mods lock the thread, go here: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35480#35480
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: