FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/30 DLC-Red Hot Chili Peppers Album (Blood Sugar Sex Magik)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stardf29  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just from watching the drum videos, I find it amusing how I Could Have Lied and They're Red Hot give about the same number of points for a FC... and yet, They're Red Hot is super-awesome, while I Could Have Lied is as boring as you can get while using all five notes...
dps2002  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only three tracks off of the full album that I actually recognize (Give it Away, Suck My Kiss, Under the Bridge). Is there something wrong with me? Is there something I've missed over the years?

Definitely getting Under the Bridge; I can get Give it Away with RB2. Suck My Kiss is the only one I'm unsure about, since it's on GH3. Can someone convince me one way or the other?
Ozznfruitloops  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily my favorite album EVER. I grew up on this album. (Didnt know what a lot of lyrics meant lol..).

I CANT WAIT to download this. I could have lied, UGH! So good.

YES!!!!!

HA!!!!

Best DLC pack ever ^^
5*Hard TTFAF:
Xpert Lou: -_-a
5*Xpert: None Yet
5*Xpert Bonus: None Yet
FINISH TTFAF Xpert: ::blows brains out::
foolosophy  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stardf29 wrote:
Just from watching the drum videos, I find it amusing how I Could Have Lied and They're Red Hot give about the same number of points for a FC... and yet, They're Red Hot is super-awesome, while I Could Have Lied is as boring as you can get while using all five notes...

I'd argue it's one of my favourite songs to play from the album. It's a really good ballad. Maybe not as fun to play as the others, but it sure is sweet on Voxtar. Kinda like Simple Man
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum impressions so far:

They're Red Hot: VERY hard! It earns its final tier ranking. I failed it quite a few times before passing, despite being less than a minute and a half in length. Its fun, but probably not worth a single download. Fun fact: Not only is it the only final tier DLC vocals song, it is also listed as THE hardest vocals song period. Can't Let Go has met its superior.

My Lovely Man: Not bad, I suppose. Mix of a somewhat standard beat with high hats rolls like in Orange Crush or E-Pro. Not worth the single download though.

The Greeting Song: I had quite a bit of fun with this. Starts off with a fun beat, but it gets really fun by the 2/3 mark. Worth it unless there is something I haven't played that is much more fun than this.

Mellowship Slinky in B Major: Also pretty fun, though kinda easy. Its one of those songs that always keeps you busy, but most isn't too hard to hit. This also probably worth it though.

Under the Bridge: Exactly what you'd expect: Slow/boring beginning, fun ending. Not worth it only for drums, but it is if you plan on playing something else as well.

I Could Have Lied: Very easy. While it should have been my third sightread BSSM FC (I made stupid mistakes on Give It Away and Under the Bridge), this was my first. If Silver or Charlene wasn't around this would pretty much be the easiest DLC drum song.

Fun fact: Snow ((Hey Oh)) is placed as the easiest vocals song in the game, while They're Red Hot is placed as the hardest.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Ozznfruitloops  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have lied is an amazing song. Praise be to The Red Hot Chili Peppers
5*Hard TTFAF:
Xpert Lou: -_-a
5*Xpert: None Yet
5*Xpert Bonus: None Yet
FINISH TTFAF Xpert: ::blows brains out::
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dps2002 wrote:
There's only three tracks off of the full album that I actually recognize (Give it Away, Suck My Kiss, Under the Bridge). Is there something wrong with me? Is there something I've missed over the years?

Definitely getting Under the Bridge; I can get Give it Away with RB2. Suck My Kiss is the only one I'm unsure about, since it's on GH3. Can someone convince me one way or the other?

cdylan and I just finished sightreading the whole album. (Plus Give It Away...why not?)

And the whole album is worth the money. Guitar and Bass charts were fun as fun can be. The drums sounded epic the whole time. Vocals with the RHCP...what could go wrong?

If you have 20$ layin around, get the album.
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
dps2002  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes-BasSMaNiac07 wrote:
dps2002 wrote:

cdylan and I just finished sightreading the whole album. (Plus Give It Away...why not?)

And the whole album is worth the money. Guitar and Bass charts were fun as fun can be. The drums sounded epic the whole time. Vocals with the RHCP...what could go wrong?

If you have 20$ layin around, get the album.

Frankly, it's not the cost. The cost of all this DLC is not the issue (at least for me).

My issue is disc space. I'm trying to stretch my disc space as far as it can go by only buying songs I like (and Under the Bridge certainly fits under that criterion). I currently have a 20GB PS3, and at last check, I have about 8GB of open space left (and that's only after I deleted GTA4 and that block of space). With the 20 freebies on deck for RB2 and God knows how much more DLC for RB and the forthcoming GHWT, I'm worried about disc space more than bank account size.

Especially since it's so easy to delete DLC from my PS3. (Sarcasm off.)
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, this is the FIRST RB dlc that has had vocals rated at final tier.

WOOT! HMX isn't afraid to do that!

oh, by the way, They're Red Hot is the song.
pata70  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who always get failure at 1%... Make sure you actually have the disk space for it. I didn't...
SketchyGalore  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dps2002 wrote:

GET SUCK MY KISS.
there's nothing wrong with you. the only reason anyone would know the rest of the songs is if he/she bought the CD
obviously you didn't, but neither did I

Best Yahoo! Answer Ever: You're 13, you're not supposed to be drinking you stupid, drunk, idiotic, whiskey-swigging, buzzing, naive, booze-crazed, asinine, senseless, hare-brained, insane, crazy, senseless, imbecilic, freaky, irrational, preposterous, illogical, incongruous, brainless, thick-headed, wannabe-21 moron.
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
IIRC, this is the FIRST RB dlc that has had vocals rated at final tier.

WOOT! HMX isn't afraid to do that!

oh, by the way, They're Red Hot is the song.
That song can go do something. It doesn't seem fun at all. It reminds me of country... in a bad way...
fish22100  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best dlc ever.
Stargazer3777  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dps2002 wrote:

Frankly, it's not the cost. The cost of all this DLC is not the issue (at least for me).

My issue is disc space. I'm trying to stretch my disc space as far as it can go by only buying songs I like (and Under the Bridge certainly fits under that criterion). I currently have a 20GB PS3, and at last check, I have about 8GB of open space left (and that's only after I deleted GTA4 and that block of space). With the 20 freebies on deck for RB2 and God knows how much more DLC for RB and the forthcoming GHWT, I'm worried about disc space more than bank account size.

Especially since it's so easy to delete DLC from my PS3. (Sarcasm off.)

I have a 360, so in one way you have an advantage over me in the space game... ANY 2.5" (Laptop size) SATA HDD can be installed into the PS3. If cost is not an issue, a good idea would be to hit one of the "Inexpensive PC part sites" and pick yourself up a big HDD and slap in in there. A friend who has a PS3 says they even have available software to use a PC to ghost the drive so you have all your content from the old drive on the new one. Just an idea, trying to help, as I have a rapidly filling 120GB in my 360 Elite, and do not have that option without modding(which I wanna avoid)...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Stargazer3777
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say, without a doubt, that this is the single best album release so far (if you count the who pack as an album, then you're allowed to have doubts, but I'd still say this tops it, if just barely).

I'm not the biggest RHCP fan. I enjoy their music a lot, but they aren't my favorite band or anything. but I count this as the best album because (MUSICAL TASTES ASIDE) it's PERFECTLY balanced.

Screaming for Vengeance and The Cars were both incredibly guitar and vocal-centric. Bass and drums were generally left out in the cold for both albums.

Doolittle definately had its moments on all instruments, and all the instruments were pretty even in difficulty/fun, but simply put the album was too easy.

The Who Pack was fantastic, but you could easily argue that the drum and vocal parts were often insanely difficult for a fun, casual band atmosphere.

Peace Sells was great fun for the best-of-the-best at any given instrument, but the difficulty was too over-the-top for anything but said best-of-the-best. Also, it could be argued that a lot of the drum parts had a case of hard =/= fun.

Moving Pictures is possibly the most anticipated album yet, but again, instrument balance kills some of the potential. In this case, it's the guitar part that's often too easy, and the drum part that's often too hard (although not to the extent of the who pack) for casual play.

But now, BSSM. this is a perfectly balanced album. Sure, there are some parts that falter. Drummers will be bored to tears by I Could Have Lied, and bassists for the most part on Under the Bridge. but as a whole album average, the songs manage to be challenging and/or interesting and/or fun on every instrument, but not impossible on any. From what I can tell, the only possible "insta-fail" moment on the entire album is the drum part (and arguably the vox part) for They're Red Hot, but that song makes up its difficulty with its length.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: