FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Questions for the RB2 players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Questions for the RB2 players Reply with quote

hi there, i'm so impatient to get my own rock band 2 for my PS3, but i have to wait another 23 days.

i have a couple of questions about some RB2 features that i THINK they haven't mentioned before.

1.- this could be a noobish question, but, how do you use the cymbals in the game??, i have no idea, the cymbals are to replace some of the pads? or what?

2.- Stage mode, performance mode , what are these modes?

3.- how do you EXACTLY choose the song in a online band quickplay , since there's no leader anymore, does anybody vote for a song? or anybody could choose a song and the game picks one of the desicions randomly?

4.- does the breakneck speed affect vocal charts too?

5.- what is the no fail mode? a mode where you can't fail although you don't hit any note? or a mode that if anyone fails , the song ends (like GHWT)?

6.- Drums Freestyle mode, is it true that you can play it over any of your mp3 stored in your hard disk

7.- Awesome detection , what is this?

8.- "let harmonix know that you're awesome" has anybody found out what is this?, has anything to do with the 7th question?

hope you can clear this for me

thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.- They double as pads, and during fills, they make cymbal sounds. Edit: Unless you're a lefty.

2.- Stage mode disables pausing and failing, while Performance mode disables the on-screen displays.

3.- I THINK you take turns.

4.- No.

5.- Nobody fails. Ever.

6.- I don't know.

7.- Nobody knows.

8.- It has to do with Awesome Detection... Which nobody knows anything about.

[] Finish listing all of the music in both RB games.
[] Finish planning the Infinite Setlist performance.
[] Get the Stage and Light Kit, and the ION kit.
[] Perform, and raise at least 1500$ to balance out the losses from the expenses.
Master15  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Questions for the RB2 players Reply with quote

6. Yes, dont need to be on Hard-Drive if you have media shared on a computer on the same network as the 360. This feature might not make it to the PS3, we dont know yet.
TheTinkerbread  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Questions for the RB2 players Reply with quote

Oh lawd I'm so gonna get ninja'd.

wesker-kun wrote:
hi there, i'm so impatient to get my own rock band 2 for my PS3, but i have to wait another 23 days.

i have a couple of questions about some RB2 features that i THINK they haven't mentioned before.

1.- this could be a noobish question, but, how do you use the cymbals in the game??, i have no idea, the cymbals are to replace some of the pads? or what?

The cymbals do not come with the game, they are produced by MadCatz. They haven't come out yet.

2.- Stage mode, performance mode , what are these modes?

Stage mode is where you can't pause the game, as if you were on a stage. Performance mode basically makes the note chart/overdrive bar/score bar/etc. all disappear, leaving you with just the background, but expecting you to play all the notes that you would be playing regularly.

3.- how do you EXACTLY choose the song in a online band quickplay , since there's no leader anymore, does anybody vote for a song? or anybody could choose a song and the game picks one of the desicions randomly?

It's a sort of round-robin style. Everyone picks in a circle basically, so one person picks, then the next, then another person, then the last person, then back to the first.

4.- does the breakneck speed affect vocal charts too?

IIRC, BNS did not effect vocal charts.

5.- what is the no fail mode? a mode where you can't fail although you don't hit any note? or a mode that if anyone fails , the song ends (like GHWT)?

No fail mode means that it is impossible to fail out of a song. You can overstrum/hit and miss all the notes you want, but you won't fail.

6.- Drums Freestyle mode, is it true that you can play it over any of your mp3 stored in your hard disk

Yes. However, this is still being discussed for PS3

7.- Awesome detection , what is this?

See below

8.- "let harmonix know that you're awesome" has anybody found out what is this?, has anything to do with the 7th question?

I don't think anyone knows what this means. This is the awesome detection cheat that you enter on the cheats screen. We'll probably never find out either.

hope you can clear this for me

thanks in advance

Hope I helped!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TheTinkerbread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: