FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[GUITAR] Gold Star Cutoffs (477/500+ Songs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skullpie  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got 124,271 on Here It Goes Again but didn't get gold stars on expert. It says 121,000. Is it gonna be updated?
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skullpie wrote:
i got 124,271 on Here It Goes Again but didn't get gold stars on expert. It says 121,000. Is it gonna be updated?

The cutoff should be fine, as long as you're either playing on Rock Band 2, or a patched version of Rock Band 1 for the PS3 or 360.

If you're playing on the Wii or PS2, the cutoffs will be different than what are shown in this list. The same if you're playing on an unpatched version of Rock Band 1 for the other systems.
Sneuticles  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got 5GS on "Man In The Box" w/ 126,317.

And when I say "just," I mean JUST. The cutoff can not be much lower than this.

And it was the first time I ever nailed that crazy quickie 3-note-chord outro, so I was totally clutch. Obviously I'm quite pleased with myself.
BonScott46to80  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Live) ..... 5 Star = 103,355 : 5GS = 151,677

that 5-star cutoff is about 10k too high. i played it yesterday and when it dinged for 5-star i looked up at the score and it was a little past 93k.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Those About To Rock [We Salute You] (Live) ..... 5 Star = 225,520 : 5GS = 330,958

that can't be right, i just got 99% and my score was 263k. the highest score on the RB2 leaderboards is 317k. i'm gonna bet that it's close to impossible to get 330k.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i'm looking through the scores you have for the AC/DC Pack, and they are all wrong. i think the scores you have are from the AC/DC Pack disc itself, which is run off the original RB1 multiplier. so all the gold star scores you have are going to be wrong, and almost all the 5-star scores because all but 2 of the songs in that pack have a BRE. i hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodnod. You're probably right - most of those I got through YouTube vids to save time, and if those vids were played off of the disk, they were still under "old school" rules.

The multipliers (except for Gold Star) were still the same in RB1 1.0, the difference was that all of the invisible notes under the BREs counted towards the cutoffs - and a LOT of these songs have BREs.

Guess it goes to show you, if you want anything done right, you gotta do it yourself. I'll do the 5* run through on all of them ... eventually. I still haven't even played through more than a quarter of the Fall Freebies.
GrYnder  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get gold star cutoffs from accurate 5 star cutoffs, then this should be easy to figure out.

I just played Between the Buried and Me - Prequel to the Sequel, and hit 5 stars on the last note on a 1x multiplier.

PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right. We should be back up to speed now with the AC/DC songs listed with the correct cutoffs for Rock Band 2, as well as the Foo Fighters songs with reasonably close cutoffs.

I've also adjusted the format slightly to add a list of the newest cutoffs as requested, as well as grouping all the "Free" songs into their own list. (The freebies and newbies can still be found in the 'all downloadable songs' section as well.)

If there's any interest in having the different "on-disc" cutoffs for the AC/DC stuff, let me know and I'll calculate those on a week when I don't have 10+ DLC to wade through.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats' the accuracy level on these? You arent reporting ranges, so do you have these down to the exact number now (using some no fail cheat type system)? or is this still based off of videos that might have it to within a standard disclaimer spread?

One thing you might consider if you are using vids is to base if off of the estimate cutoffs for all five star dings, not jsut the 5th star, since we know the formulas right now you could calculate a base score range from each ding and then potentially get a more accurate base estimate that way by combining the ranges (the higher star counts will still be the most useful due to giving the narrowest ranges, of course).

Of course the best and (but longest) way to do it is to turn no fail on and prove either one of the 4 or 5 star cutoffs exactly to the point (two separate runs), or some combination of the cutoffs from 1 to 5 star that gives you only one integer solution as a possible base score. I did this on a very few songs a long time ago for Rock Band 1, but wihtout the formulas being known and without no fail (to make it easy) or hyperspeed (to make it fun), it was too much effort for too little reward.
phyrelizard  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on Mica, I have seen 5S=146110 and G5S=214765
That's when I reach for my Revolver 5S=136564
Gone 5S=109492 Gold=106628
California Uber Alles 5S=114691 and Gold=168540
Police Truck 5S=60731 Gold=haven't seen it on YouTube
Holiday in Cambodia, I have seen 5S=114824 and G5S=.... haven't seen it on YouTube
Closer 5S=80916 Gold=118395
Swamped 5S=85854 Gold=139924
Forever= 5S=150423 Gold=221826
this is not a personal score, nor as scorehero score... I got em from pausing when the person got the score on YouTube... but I had to try multiple times to get the score to the exact number that they had.... of course the fact that it was sometimes a chord, or OD was activated means that I could be off
also there are some songs that nobody has posted Gold videos of yet, so I didn't post anything, and "Tha's how I escaped my Certain Fate" the only video was 4 stars
cbar323  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
Whats' the accuracy level on these?

Sorry, real life's kicked me in the head these last few weeks, so I haven't been able to get back to this thread.

Anyway, they're not particularly accurate at all once Rock Band 2 came out, due to the sheer volume of content I've had to wade through.

Including the songs on-disk for Rock Band 2, we've had over 250 new songs appear in just THREE MONTHS. I've pretty much had to do all the cutoffs with my own eyes and skills as opposed to a formula. So some of them may be as much as a couple hundred points off.

They're "good enough for government work," but I wouldn't swear by them as gospel.
Jimbo99669966  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're about 300 points below the cutoff on Livin' On A Prayer. I'm watching one of corporalgregg's videos and he gets GS at 105,6**. I can't make out the last two numbers, so meh.

Link for proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuJONw8EN58&feature=related
ExmasCarroll  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks around 668, from what I can tell.

Current goals: Going for full Rock Band 2 setlist GS.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: