FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[GUITAR] Gold Star Cutoffs (477/500+ Songs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TastyAce  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey just a quick question about the scores. I was reading over my setlist and if the cut-offs are correct I'm way above on around 5 or so songs on Rock Band 1 with the patch.

Are the bracketed scores actually rock band 1 cut offs and thoase not in them just rb2 cut offs?

just wondering because I'm confused why I don't have more gold stars
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number in parentheses is what the Gold Star cutoff WOULD have been back before the patch was added. It's pretty much just there for cosmetic purposes, to show just how much easier some of these songs are then they were 'back in the day.'

The current cutoffs for Rock Band 2 are identical to the cutoffs in Rock Band 1 after the patch for all instruments except Vocals. So these scores will work for either game.

If you got your score BEFORE you added the patch in Rock Band 1, your songs won't immediately turn to Gold. You'll have to play the song again and hit at least the new cutoff value to be 'awarded' Gold Stars.

If you're hitting the listed cutoffs and STILL not getting Gold Stars, I'm not sure what the problem is. A few people have said they needed to delete the RB1 patch and redownload it to get it to work correctly.
TastyAce  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok it was that I had either got the scores before the patch but for those after I had to redownload the patch, then I jumped up around 8 or so gold stars.

thanks for the great response, it did help and keep up the great work
CanadianNinja  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't much, but your GS cutoff for Everlong is a little high.

Everlong: 227,574

GS came at the last second, more likely within half-second, on the very last held note.
smackdown85146  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY! I needed some cutoffs. I've always been wondering why I've been getting GS when I'm no where close to a good score.

Combine this thread with approximate scores for pathing, and you're set.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you bring this to the other instruments?
Last time I checked, Those were out dated.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasfas wrote:
Will you bring this to the other instruments?
Last time I checked, Those were out dated.

In a perfect world, where I had more spare time, I'd be able to do that. I'd determine the solo-instrument cutoffs with my own two hands, and recruit a Coalition of Band Ninja to assist me in determining the group cutoffs.

(Coalition of Band Ninja?!?)

Unfortunately, it's easier said than done - especially when they've been hitting us with 6+ songs a week for the last several weeks. I need to either play the song in "cutoff mode" myself, or have access to a song's note count (which includes length of sustained notes for Guitar and Bass, and number of tamborine hits for Vocals) to get the necessary data.

Guitar is typically the most competitive, so I've stuck with that one. If there's enough of a public outcry for it, I can try to catch up on the Bass cutoffs at some point - a few people have also expressed interest in taking over that project.
dudemann14  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Well Thought Out ..... 5 Star = 120,539 : 5GS = 176,895 (183,157)

Name of the song is "Well Thought Out Twinkles" ;)

Which is never.
TBMBlazing  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: RE: Well Thought Out Reply with quote

IIRC, Well Thought Out is supposed to be Well Thought Out Twinkles.
PROOF OF TWINKLEZ:http://rbdlc.com/songview.php?songname=Well%20Thought%20Out%20Twinkles
^_^
[Edit: I misread the song title thinking it was Twinkies instead of Twinkles XD Oopz. I fixed that >_>]

Last edited by TBMBlazing on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Metallik  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the work guys, but I think you shoul re-add the RB 1 thingy (if you transfer the songs to RB2 you can't play them, etc.)

Also, Peridot, I'll post here everytime I find a cut-off that isn't exact in this thread (found no one as of now, but most of my gold stars were in a too fast point of the song so I couldn't see it perfectly

Avant-garde banner designer =D
SatansBestBuddy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good question: are the AC/DC songs considered on disc songs, since you have to buy the disc in order to get them, or are they DLC, since you can export them to the HDD?

Same question goes to the 20 free songs: are they DLC cause they have to be downloaded, or are they RB2 songs cause you need to game in order to download them at all?
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SatansBestBuddy wrote:
Here's a good question: are the AC/DC songs considered on disc songs, since you have to buy the disc in order to get them, or are they DLC, since you can export them to the HDD?

Same question goes to the 20 free songs: are they DLC cause they have to be downloaded, or are they RB2 songs cause you need to game in order to download them at all?

Nodnod. They're both fair questions, but I'm classifying both sections as DLC simply because they're both optional content than can be added to the Rock Band setlist, but aren't included on that disc by default.

If people preferred them listed that way, I could combine the 'free downloads' into the first post's list. More people will probably want to reference the 20 Fall Freebies, Still Alive and friends for the GS cutoffs than any of the other DLC. If for no other reason than the price is right.

(It's too bad they can't code a "reach this score without going over" Battle of the Bands with the current engine. The 20 Fall Freebies would be perfect for a Price Is Right Showcase Showdown battle. Heh.)
SatansBestBuddy  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of quick reference, have you thought about putting the newest songs in that empty third post you made?

You know, rather than having to scan a list, we can just scroll to the thrid post and see the cut-offs for this weeks songs.

Yeah. >.>
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SatansBestBuddy wrote:
Speaking of quick reference, have you thought about putting the newest songs in that empty third post you made?

That's not a bad idea. But I think I'll need to do that on weeks slightly less "DLC-intensive" than this one. There's already been 23 new songs added to the list since Sunday.
Glovesave74  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very helpful thread. Thanks for gathering this into a single thread.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: