FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[GUITAR] Gold Star Cutoffs (477/500+ Songs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cubix  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: No proof but.. Reply with quote

I didn't snap a pic fast enough since I was doing a set, but I 5 starred Supreme Girl on Expert with 61,729 points. The 5th star seemed to come AFTER the note was over (and its not a solo). This has to be extremely close to the real value. It was last tick.
Shashakiro  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Peace Sells album, here are my VERY rough estimates:

Bad Omen: 193k
Devil's Island: 263k
Good Mourning/Black Friday: 322k
I Ain't Superstitious: 98k? (no idea, really, since everyone gets it on the last solo bonus)
My Last Words: 231k (MUST FC solo to get this high, unless you hit a LOT of the strumming, which you won't. A run with FC outside of the solo and strumming isn't GS)
The Conjuring: 255k
Wake Up Dead: 166k

Total banners earned: 35. Above are links to accomp thread.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shashakiro wrote:
I Ain't Superstitious: 98k? (no idea, really, since everyone gets it on the last solo bonus)

That's why I've always determined the Gold Star cutoffs with a 5* cutoff multiplied by "the formula" (reduced to 5* x 1.4675875 about a month ago). It's a lot easier to allow yourself some "error factor" in getting an exact 5* cutoff than a Gold Star one.

For instance, I Ain't Superstitious should be 5*: 67,080, GS: 98,446 (101,927), give or take a hundred points, so your guestimate was pretty accurate.

... dammit, I didn't want to work on any of the DLC cutoffs until I was done with the on-disc ones. See what you made me do?

----------------------------

As for Supreme Girl, if anyone reports that they got a cutoff within a hundred points or so of what I have listed, I'll give the benefit of the doubt and update it accordingly on the next list repost.
souhei719  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, not sure if this is at all helpful, but I have a lower gold star score for Funky Monks. I got it by fluke as I got the gold star ding on the last note. My score is 140,785. I couldn't take a picture as I didn't have anything at the time at home to take pictures with, but I hope you guys can take my word for it. After all there isn't really any reason for me to lie about less than 50 point difference.
dragonmasterm  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, first off, Im so glad I found this guide

Second, I started 5 starring some of the ones marked in red and getting it almost to an exact point (almost failed most of the time doing it :P)

Exact1 = Stopped playing and paused the game as soon as the five star hit. I even played the songs more than once to double check. And most of the time i would lose my multiplier when i got close to finishing the 5 stars so i got a more exact reading

Exact2 = The five star mark hit while i was in the proccess of whamying a note. So I paused as soon as the 5 star mark was hit. (I was watching the stars the whole time as it got closer towards 5 stars.

Witch Hunt -- 100,607 (Exact1)
Vital Signs -- 91,232 (Exact2)
Tom Sawyer (Original Version) -- 78,593 (Exact2)
The Camera Eye -- 192,480 (Exact1)
Red Barchetta -- 119,749 (Exact1)
Limelight (Original Version) -- 100,294 (Exact1)

I would have taken a picture, but i couldnt find anything to take a picture with to save my life lol

Hope this is of use to the list

(These are the only songs I have that are marked red.)
NoahTheDuke  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played through She's A Handsome Woman, and these are my results:

5 Stars: 58,669

5 Gold Stars: 86,164

Both were taken after having paused immediately after the star sound played. I can't remember how close 5S was, but 5GS should be within 300 points.

Noah
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: NoahTheDuke
GrYnder  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing Ramblin' man and I hit GS about half way through the final sustain note (Last note of the song). I got 210,872, though I didn't let go of the sustain 'cause I wasn't really planning on getting GS, so I didn't think quick enough to let go. But still, the sustain isn't long at all, and I really don't think I could have gotten 1k through half of that short sustain.

Are you sure your GS cutoff isn't a bit low? Or did you get that score manually?
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrYnder wrote:
Ramblin' man - Are you sure your GS cutoff isn't a bit low? Or did you get that score manually?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPNqDblpzA

Stars visibly begin to turn to Gold at 210,014 in this video. So while my GS cutoff could be slightly low, at the same tme, the true cutoff could be as low as 209,915. Either way, it's not off by a large margin.

And thanks to everyone that's submitting info on the thread. I may not always have the time to thank you personally, but anything that means I have to do less work (or have a starting cutoff value to compare and contrast) is always appreciated.
beingmused  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:

Song With A Mission ..... 5 Star = 86,703 : 5GS = 127,2443

That's some 5GS cutoff ;-)

I assume one of the 4s is a duplicate, but if you know exactly which digit is the extra one, even better.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
I assume one of the 4s is a duplicate, but if you know exactly which digit is the extra one, even better.

Heh. Actually, it was the 3 at the end. The funny thing is, that same problem came up on the OLD list. Guess when I was sorting them alphabetically I dug up that seven-digit score again.

And it's stayed that way for over a month, and nobody's cared. Poor, neglected Song With A Mission. It gets even less love than Cherry Bomb.

Anyway, the cutoffs are "complete" again. 398/398 songs.
But if that typo is any indication, there'll be more than a few quirks in the list that pop up in the weeks to come.
WhiteXHysteria  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your hammerhead 5 star score is a little off...i just got 149781 and 5 stars...i have a picture if u need it
DexterHolland  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Manu Chao Reply with quote

Firstly I would like to say thank you to all who have comiled this list, its really helped me pick out the songs i was close to GSing.

Secondly I just scored 139,529 on Manu Chao. I noticed the ding and my stars turn gold right at the very end of the last note, but before the BRE. I scored 4,590 in the BRE. This brings my score before BRE to 134,939. I obviously had plenty of time to check my stars were gold and my score since I wasn't gaining points during the BRE.

I noticed that my pre-BRE score of 134,939 is lower than the current one posted. I've not completely read into what proof is needed to submit a score however I assume a picture is needed stating final score, song name, difficulty etc. I took a picture of my score after the song ended but unfortunately that does add on the 4,590 I scored on the BRE. So I ask, Is my lower score valid at all. If needed I can post the picture of my higher score.

Thanks,
DH

EDIT: I noticed at the top of the page on your introduction it says 'It was hard updating nearly 400 songs'. I just thought this might need changing now that there are over 400.

Buy some MS points for Offspring Track Pack 01 [ ]
Complete GGaHT on Expert Guitar before UK RB2 launch [ ]

GS Expert Guitar Goals:

Creep [ ]
Welcome Home [ ]
Suffragette City [ ]
Paranoid [ ]
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Dex and Noodles PSN Name: Dex_Holland
TBMBlazing  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Maps GS Cutoff Reply with quote

Got it on the last note

Hope it helps with the GS cutoff list.
WhiteXHysteria  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got 116,855 on one step closer and no gold...so this one is a little off
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiteXHysteria wrote:
i just got 116,855 on one step closer and no gold...so this one is a little off

Nodnod. Unfortunately, that's going to happen more than usual until we narrow these down, since many of these songs 5* cutoffs were determined by YouTube videos instead of me personally hitting the 5* cutoff with no multiplier.

In case you're interested in the "math geekiness" behind it (DANGER! MATH CONTENT):

Say I get the info from a video where someone's on 8x overdrive at the time. There's no 5* at 99,000 but it's hit at the next note, 100,100. I'd take the average between the two (100,000) and use that to calculate the Gold Star cutoff (in this case, 146,759)

However, with that margin of error, it's possible the REAL Gold Stars are anywhere between 146,612 and 146,906. That's an error level of +/- 147. Ick.

Whereas if I do it with my own two eyes off of a 1x multiplier, I can usually get an error level of +/- 17.5 points off of a sightread. Those are much happier numbers. But I wanted all the numbers up before 2009 , and I'm only human, so I had to cut some corners this time around.

Anyway, I'll do the necessary updates. I'll probably go and play One Step Closer myself now to 5* it and get that mess straightened out. [EDIT: Yeah, it looked a little low. I hit 5* at 79,688 on a chord - it's hard to get any more accurate than that since the whole song's a chordfest.]

I'll also take people's word on Manu Chao and Hammerhead. I AM glad they got rid of the "double chime star delay" in Rock Band 2.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: