FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Completed expert drum tour

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Completed expert drum tour Reply with quote

Well, I just completed the expert drum tour. Currently ranked 4th on the leaderboards. And I still have the bonus songs to do!

I guess it doesn't hurt that I've been playing drums for 12 years and have a college degree in music performance (percussion).

More to come!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: This post has been deleted. Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
TheBigBB  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge congrats! Did you manage to fix the red pad, or did playing on the rim work for you?
Roxas187  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats dude
Nerd! Go play real fake Guitar!
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have to send in my drumset - I mean, I'm nowhere near as good as you guys (that kick drum just throws me completely), but it is very frustrating when you're breaking combo when it's NOT your fault

This is the only negative thing I've seen about Rock Band so far - the drums have major issues
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Kiyrugoji  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... my drum set works fine?

I'd send it over to one of you or something, since I totally suck.

Especially in RB, knuckle heads grab a guitar and think they are Hendrix and starts mashing the frets. Next thing you know someone has inadvertently navigated you to the the RB store and just wasted $2 on some Jimmy Buffet song about a cheeseburger in a volcano.
TheBigBB  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Gurn do a drum roll at all levels of pressure (hard hits, light) on a long string of red notes and it didn't count any of them no matter what. Like, literally none of them. But it sort of worked if he drummed on the rim of the drum! As soon as he hit the rim it counted 90% of them. It seems like the red drum doesn't like to respond to quick hits. I don't know why it counts on normal hits and not fast. He said he had the same issue on his own drum pads too. I've heard a lot of people say this. Maybe all the red pads are messed up like that. I heard you can use medical tape in a cross on the pad to hold it down lower and it'll work much better. Need to try that.
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBigBB wrote:
I saw Gurn do a drum roll at all levels of pressure (hard hits, light) on a long string of red notes and it didn't count any of them no matter what. Like, literally none of them. But it sort of worked if he drummed on the rim of the drum! As soon as he hit the rim it counted 90% of them. It seems like the red drum doesn't like to respond to quick hits. I don't know why it counts on normal hits and not fast. He said he had the same issue on his own drum pads too. I've heard a lot of people say this. Maybe all the red pads are messed up like that. I heard you can use medical tape in a cross on the pad to hold it down lower and it'll work much better. Need to try that.

im having some trouble finding the sweet spot with the tape, its either too far down and hits notes when i hit the yellow pad or too high and doesnt improve at all this is starting to annoy me i must say, im waiting for deepblue to get his back so i can see if the replacements r any better...
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, the red pad is still not to my liking, and I'm not playing on the rims.

I did try putting some tape over the red one, but this was after I'd completed the expert tour. It works a little better, but still nowhere near as sensitive as I'd like it. I still need to experiment with it. (ghozt, I'm having the exact same problem as you - some othetr pads are reacting)

Quick question: When I go to look at scores for some specific songs, it says I'm not ranked. Now, does that mean that I'm not in the top 2000ish, or that it just didn't pick up my score?

And furthermore, if it didn't pick up my score for that individual songs, does it still add to my career score (I'm assuming it does)?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
TheBigBB  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might not rank you if you played the song on release day. The leaderboards weren't working on day 1, and none of my scores from then are saved on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: