FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A Guide to Creating Full Rock Band Custom Charts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emem1  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

I have a mp3 to midi converter can i just convert the mp3 to a MIDI and it will work it rock band?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 423845915656
inimitable  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Question Reply with quote

emem1 wrote:
I have a mp3 to midi converter can i just convert the mp3 to a MIDI and it will work it rock band?

For the love of god, NO

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
nibbler234  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Question Reply with quote

emem1 wrote:

LOLWUT? I've never even heard of one!

Anyways, here's why if you need a little more explaining.

The midi file that goes into rock band it shows the chart and how the game should read the chart as, it doesn't show the song you're actually playing. Actually, pitch doesn't matter at all unless you are charting vocals. For example, you hear a song as you would hear a song. If you hear a rock band midi file, it wouldn't sound so pretty, but you would hear how the game interprets it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
MCP  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Question Reply with quote

nibbler234 wrote:
The midi file that goes into rock band it shows the chart and how the game should read the chart as, it doesn't show the song you're actually playing. Actually, pitch doesn't matter at all unless you are charting vocals. For example, you hear a song as you would hear a song. If you hear a rock band midi file, it wouldn't sound so pretty, but you would hear how the game interprets it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You're exactly right. A midi from a song (not for rock band) will sound just like the song. The rock band midis sound like a bunch of "tings". Really no musical interpretation (except for vocals) as all the notes in the midi tell rock band what notes, etc to place and at what time.
guykild  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi im new to making customs my questions is i have the chart for expert guitar for my song, when i play i see my chart but there's a lil problem i don't hear anything. srry but does anyone know what im doing wrong? i've only used mp3 files and all of my customs that i try to make can't hear the song i think it has something to do with rawksd audio channels, i know it has to be that but i don't know what settings to use if someone could help me with this custom so i can progress and start doing kool songs.

Last edited by guykild on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guykild wrote:
hi im new to making customs my questions is i have the chart for expert guitar for my song, when i play i see my chart but there's a lil problem i don't hear anything. srry but does anyone know what im doing wrong? i've only used mp3 files and all of my customs that i try to make can't hear the song i think it has something to do with rawksd audio channels, i know it has to be that but i don't know what settings to use if someone could help me with this custom so i can progress and start doing kool songs.

1. I don't know what that mp3 link is hosting, but if it's copyright material the link needs to be removed from your post.

2. Try converting the mp3 into ogg using Audacity. FeedBack does not cooperate well with mp3s because it's such a messy format.

guykild  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, so if i make the chart using the ogg will there be sound? on Rock Band 2, i think i tried it but with my old chart that i used with mp3 but the audio file was in ogg. so why im not getting any sound?

Edit: I'm currently not interested in making charts that will be later what im now trying to do is my song to have sound is there like another program for making song from .ogg files and chart mid. files? because RawkSD doesn't do a good job. I Never had sound when i try to make a custom with RawkSD.

What program you use for making the Customs? (im not talking about the charts)

Edit2:I'm asking this stupid questions because since in my customs there is no sound so i'm kinda bumped and think if i take the time making the charts it will be a waste since i can't hear anything.

Edit3: Srry I think had something to do with not installing FFmpg and Mono srry XD I'm gonna try and see if it works. wait what does mono do? i cant install it since i don't have visual studio so...
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's pretty clear the error is somewhere on your end, not RawkSD's. Your question would also be better asked in the RawkSD thread, seeing as this one is centered around custom chart creation (not their implementation).

guykild  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvm i just can't figure out how to put star power and bonus thing on my mid files is so weird i don't have that G# and G8.

so where should i create the chart on FeedBack or AnvilStudio?

srry nvm xD thanks i think this guide is pretty good.

Last edited by guykild on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Piogre  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey I looked through the entire thread and no one asked this (surprised):

how do you do the little tamborine/cowbell thing in vocals? You know, the dots that you hit the mic for during a gtr solo?

EDIT:
Also, to slide one syllable into another, you still use + right?

like if the word moron were mo- on C and -ron on d, it would be "mo- <next> +ron"

right?
guykild  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I managed to make Promised Land but i'm asking you guys if you could help me make a .ogg file with more than 2 channels so that way it would sound better and be more exciting to play.
I have the Drums Guitar Rhythm Bass and Vocal Song .ogg files but when i use audacity it just merges all the files into one .ogg with only 2 channels.
Please tell me how to make a .ogg file with multiple channels. thanks

Edit: So anyone can help me with Reaper to do the Multichannels can't figure out how somehow.

Last edited by guykild on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
NateTheGreat555  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guykild wrote:
Hi I managed to make Promised Land from a Pc Dlc but i'm asking you guys if you could help me make a .ogg file with more than 2 channels so that way it would sound better and be more exciting to play.
I have the Drums Guitar Rhythm Bass and Vocal Song .ogg files but when i use audacity it just merges all the files into one .ogg with only 2 channels.
Please tell me how to make a .ogg file with multiple channels. thanks

Edit: So anyone can help me with Reaper to do the Multichannels can't figure out how somehow.

Erm...well, I know I don't have the highest post count here, so take this with a grain of salt:

I know you aren't allowed to talk about decrypted downloads from a 360, Wii or PS3, so you may not want to mention where you got said files from, even if you got those separate .oggs from online. Regardless, if you want to try to make your own multi-track .ogg (which I still am failing at) you want to look into rocklib v1.2. Search the forums and there be your answer. I actually asked the same thing and that was my answer.

Good luck!
Quote:
emem1 wrote:

For the love of god, NO

lmao, that's epic.
guykild  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks hope i can find it.

btw i thought of the same thing he asked lol xD

Edit: when i was searching for rocklib found a topic about 360 to ps2 songs and found out that i just needed a newer version of audacity.
Kenji-kun  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, lookin at first pages of this guide, i found how to put the lyrics.
they say "View > Lyrics"
but i can't find the option Lyrics in Anvil Studio D:
help?
Kenji-kun  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, finally found Lyrics and ArkTool (in savefile doesnt work).
Now i'm ending the vocals track and about P1/P2 sections, how do I know where are A9 and Bflat9?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: