FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A Guide to Creating Full Rock Band Custom Charts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
girldrummer  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to make the drummer in the game play with the track, like program them to somehow, cause the guitar and bass do but the drummer just sits in place the whole time I find it annoying >.>..lol
Thanks!!
samqwe  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone figure out how the unison bonus works? I saw it in this vid but it doesn't seem to work right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOFnECULR2Q

(at 0:47 and 1:34)

thanks
girldrummer  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samqwe wrote:
Did anyone figure out how the unison bonus works? I saw it in this vid but it doesn't seem to work right:

thanks

that's a good question O.o...and also how did they put that music video thing in the back?..that'd be interesting to do xD
thanks also
doctorfaust  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

girldrummer wrote:
Does anyone know how to make the drummer in the game play with the track, like program them to somehow, cause the guitar and bass do but the drummer just sits in place the whole time I find it annoying >.>..lol
Thanks!!

I posted about this in the RawkSD thread:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26078&start=0

It's there on the first page. Short answer: It's possible, but it takes work.
Proof of concept:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyYhuECUYc0&fmt=22
#1 PS3 Leaderboards Vocals 3/5/08-4/24/08
55/55 Gold Stars Vocals 3/16/08
57/58 FC Vocals (not NTY of course)

Rock Band 2
Bands: As Sekiria, The Gold Standard
ESL2 420/420 Plat Artist + Bladder of Steel 10-26-08
girldrummer  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctorfaust wrote:
girldrummer wrote:
Thanks!!

I posted about this in the RawkSD thread:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26078&start=0

It's there on the first page. Short answer: It's possible, but it takes work.
Proof of concept:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyYhuECUYc0&fmt=22

oh wow!! it is complicated...but worth it in some terms, I'll definatly try it...thanks
NateTheGreat555  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, this thread is SWEET.

However, I'm having MAJOR troubles with my vocal chart in my custom.

I can't get it to work AT ALL, meaning it freezes on the loading screen. All of the other 3 instruments work flawlessly.

I know I'm supposed to do that alternating pattern with A and Bflat 9, but I don't know exactly how to go about doing that. I checked some original RB .midi's and they all have some that have either a line on A, a line on Bflat, or a line on both. How do you determine where the lines go?

Thanks greatly!

(PS, the custom is CharlesTrippy's (CTFxC's) theme song, so if anyone watches his vids on Youtube, I'm gonna be on his Vloggity Vlogs for this in the near future!!!)
chrishajduk84  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

natethegreat555 wrote:
Quote:

I can't get it to work AT ALL, meaning it freezes on the loading screen. All of the other 3 instruments work flawlessly.

I know I'm supposed to do that alternating pattern with A and Bflat 9, but I don't know exactly how to go about doing that. I checked some original RB .midi's and they all have some that have either a line on A, a line on Bflat, or a line on both. How do you determine where the lines go?

Thanks greatly!

Its pretty simple. In the real rock band songs you have phrases (or bars) filled with a few notes. Basically each note has to be placed in a phrase or else it will probably freeze(I'm guessing thats what happened to you). The phrase ends whenever you switch from A to b flat. Don't worry about having a line on both, just on either A or B flat. Oh yea, and I also put a space a few milliseconds/seconds in between A and B flat which I assumed was a freestyle/overdrive section(and it worked).

girldrummer wrote:
Quote:
samqwe wrote:

thanks

that's a good question O.o...and also how did they put that music video thing in the back?..that'd be interesting to do xD
thanks also

I just placed overdrive at the same time for multiple instruments and it worked for me.
Visit it Here:http://www.rockbandcharts.tk
NateTheGreat555  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrishajduk84 wrote:
natethegreat555 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks greatly!

Its pretty simple. In the real rock band songs you have phrases (or bars) filled with a few notes. Basically each note has to be placed in a phrase or else it will probably freeze(I'm guessing thats what happened to you). The phrase ends whenever you switch from A to b flat. Don't worry about having a line on both, just on either A or B flat. Oh yea, and I also put a space a few milliseconds/seconds in between A and B flat which I assumed was a freestyle/overdrive section(and it worked).

girldrummer wrote:
Quote:
samqwe wrote:

thanks

thanks also

I just placed overdrive at the same time for multiple instruments and it worked for me.

Huh, alright.
I thought I did all of that, but I'll double-check.
And it's alright if the line starts a bit before and ends a bit after each bit of lyrics? I was unsure about that.
Thanks man!
MCP  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateTheGreat555 wrote:
Huh, alright.
And it's alright if the line starts a bit before and ends a bit after each bit of lyrics? I was unsure about that.
Thanks man!

That should be fine as long as you don't have the next phrase starting right after the phrase that is ending. For instance, if you have one phrase ending just a little late and the next phrase starts before that phrase ends, you might run into some problems and that might cause it to freeze.

It does work better if, when making the vocal charts, you set everything to "snap to grid." There should be a button on the toolbar with a little arrow. This makes the chart look cleaner, and also makes it so the lines on A9 and Bb9 take up an exact amount starting one right after the other rather than trying to guess which may cause your chart to freeze.
NateTheGreat555  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCP wrote:
NateTheGreat555 wrote:
Huh, alright.
Thanks man!

That should be fine as long as you don't have the next phrase starting right after the phrase that is ending. For instance, if you have one phrase ending just a little late and the next phrase starts before that phrase ends, you might run into some problems and that might cause it to freeze.

It does work better if, when making the vocal charts, you set everything to "snap to grid." There should be a button on the toolbar with a little arrow. This makes the chart look cleaner, and also makes it so the lines on A9 and Bb9 take up an exact amount starting one right after the other rather than trying to guess which may cause your chart to freeze.

Ah, so are you saying that the lines at A and Bflat need to be consecutive? Because I just made sure of everything and it's still freezing on the loading screen.
And that "Snap to Grid". Is that in Anvil? Never noticed it...

(Little bit off problem) When you chart vocals, it automatically charts for all difficulties doesn't it? Cause the only thing between difficulties is the judgement difficulty...

AND, when the game freezes, I can hear myself talking through the mic. Does that mean that it's definitely a .mid problem?

This sucks, I was hoping to have this file finished almost a month ago. XD
But thanks for all of the help

EDIT:
Better yet, I'll just post my .mid file on megaupload or somewhere, and if someone could look through it, I'd be super-appreciative!
Thanks!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=848QT15L
chrishajduk84  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed two things within the midi:
1.The PART VOCALS track had an EndOfTrack event. Krmaker adds this event at the end of the vocal track but you don't need it because rock band does not support it and the end event is already in the EVENTS track.

2.And in some spots your a/b flat notes did not include the vocal notes. For example at 16.22 in anvil studio.

Here is a fixed midi (I hope):http://www.savefile.com/files/2167989
Visit it Here:http://www.rockbandcharts.tk
NateTheGreat555  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrishajduk84 wrote:
I noticed two things within the midi:
1.The PART VOCALS track had an EndOfTrack event. Krmaker adds this event at the end of the vocal track but you don't need it because rock band does not support it and the end event is already in the EVENTS track.

2.And in some spots your a/b flat notes did not include the vocal notes. For example at 16.22 in anvil studio.

Here is a fixed midi (I hope):http://www.savefile.com/files/2167989

OK...

1. So can I just delete that from the Events List?

2. ...I feel stupid.
If it works now, I'm gonna be so friggin excited. XD

I'll edit this once I try it.

EDIT:
Well, I checked your file out, and there were still places where there were notes not included in the P1/P2 sections. Is that normal?

Because of that, I just took my original good file, took out that end event, and then adjusted the A/Bflat lines to include all of the notes. Still nothing.

FRUSTRATED!!! XD But still have the question. When it comes to charting vocals, does it automatically create all of the difficulties, or is that specified somewhere in the .midi file itself?

Thanks again!
MCP  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateTheGreat555 wrote:
OK...

2. ...I feel stupid.

EDIT:
Well, I checked your file out, and there were still places where there were notes not included in the P1/P2 sections. Is that normal?

Because of that, I just took my original good file, took out that end event, and then adjusted the A/Bflat lines to include all of the notes. Still nothing.

FRUSTRATED!!! XD But still have the question. When it comes to charting vocals, does it automatically create all of the difficulties, or is that specified somewhere in the .midi file itself?

Thanks again!

I found the problem. Your A9 and Bb9 notes are actually on A10 and Bb10. I know this seems weird since you see the C10 right above it but the A and Bb are actually a part of the 10th octave there. Slide your phrase markers down one octave (to the A and Bb below that) and I'm pretty sure that will work.

Also, all the difficulties are made by RockBand. All the pitches and notes stay the same, there is just more room for error on the lower difficulties.
AerialX  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever had a problem with vocals customs where they work in Static mode, but crashes in Scrolling?

If you try changing it mid-song, it just locks up in the menu as soon as you press back. If it's set to Scrolling beforehand, the game crashes as soon as it tries to show the vocal note chart bar thing.

This is on RB2 Wii, unsure if it applies to PS2 or RB1... Just wondering if anyone's ever encountered this. I don't know if there's just something wrong with the MIDIs I'm making or what... >.>
NateTheGreat555  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCP wrote:
NateTheGreat555 wrote:
OK...

2. ...I feel stupid.

EDIT:

Thanks again!

I found the problem. Your A9 and Bb9 notes are actually on A10 and Bb10. I know this seems weird since you see the C10 right above it but the A and Bb are actually a part of the 10th octave there. Slide your phrase markers down one octave (to the A and Bb below that) and I'm pretty sure that will work.

Also, all the difficulties are made by RockBand. All the pitches and notes stay the same, there is just more room for error on the lower difficulties.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU.

You get 65 and a third of a cookie.

I can now finish my video up for CTFxC.
Worked like a charm. Stupid labling within Anvil FTL.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: