FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A Guide to Creating Full Rock Band Custom Charts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiesAndGasoline  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know a way to force a certain note to be a hammer-on in the midi file?
thesentence  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible in Rock Band 2, but I don't think it's possible in Rock Band 1. I can't remember exactly how to, but if you PM BHK he knows for sure.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guide on that has been made yesterday.

I wanted to know if someone tested the ''+'' character on vocals. According to my researchs on the officials MIDI it's supposed to link the notes (so when you sing it changes the notes, if it isn't clear the way I'm saying it think of Master Exploder vocals.)

Would be great if someone know it works, hopefully I can't test it yet since Customs on RB2 Wii aren't out yet so I could complete my vocal chart before it's out hopefully.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternity wrote:
A guide on that has been made yesterday.

I wanted to know if someone tested the ''+'' character on vocals. According to my researchs on the officials MIDI it's supposed to link the notes (so when you sing it changes the notes, if it isn't clear the way I'm saying it think of Master Exploder vocals.)

Would be great if someone know it works, hopefully I can't test it yet since Customs on RB2 Wii aren't out yet so I could complete my vocal chart before it's out hopefully.

Works perfect. Played it on my chart today.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
Alternity  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks again :P
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know for sure if RB2 accepts up to B8? If not, couldn't I just transpose everything down an octave since the game doesn't care what octave you sing in?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
Mrkinator  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great man! Hope you don't mind, but I'm posting this over at the RB2 Customs Wii thread at GBAFail (aka GBAtemp). People don't understand that our tool is for putting pre-made customs songs into the game, not making them :P
MCP  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
Do we know for sure if RB2 accepts up to B8? If not, couldn't I just transpose everything down an octave since the game doesn't care what octave you sing in?

I haven't looked at the RB2 midis yet. However, I do know that, after playing rock band 2 with living on a prayer, the vocals were well below the limit in RB2 whereas in RB1 or track packs, they are not accepted as notes (too high). It does depend on what octave you sing (3 octaves for RB1 and track packs). If it didn't care, they would only have 1 octave for singing and there would be a big change in the layout of the notes. If G# was the top note, any A going to a lower G# would appear higher in the vocal track. Short and simple, it definitely is octave and pitch dependent.
girldrummer  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Help... :D Reply with quote

could anyone give a more detailed discriptioin on how to add drum OD on Anvil, I've tried doing what the instructions say but there is no G# when I try it, I'll set the add sounds thing to 65 but it'll just go back to 30 something, it's quite annoying
Anyway...once I get the songs I have on save file I'll put em up on that customs thread.
Also, does anyone know how to merge the audio version of the song with like the midi or the chart? cause on anvil when I add fills or OD's to it it's kinda hard to pick where they go when I can't listen to it >.>
thanks
AerialX  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Help... :D Reply with quote

girldrummer wrote:
Also, does anyone know how to merge the audio version of the song with like the midi or the chart? cause on anvil when I add fills or OD's to it it's kinda hard to pick where they go when I can't listen to it >.>
thanks

You could try just adding Star Power over the chart in FeedBack since you can listen to it there, and then in Anvil change them from the Star Power note (which is the solo marker in Rock Band) to the right one for Overdrive.
girldrummer  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Help... :D Reply with quote

AerialX wrote:
girldrummer wrote:
thanks

You could try just adding Star Power over the chart in FeedBack since you can listen to it there, and then in Anvil change them from the Star Power note (which is the solo marker in Rock Band) to the right one for Overdrive.

Thanks for that! I didn't think of that...lol, now all I need is the answer to my first question xD
thanks again
MCP  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Help... :D Reply with quote

girldrummer wrote:
could anyone give a more detailed discriptioin on how to add drum OD on Anvil, I've tried doing what the instructions say but there is no G# when I try it, I'll set the add sounds thing to 65 but it'll just go back to 30 something, it's quite annoying

After you convert your chart to a midi file and open it in anvil, go to "PART DRUMS". By clicking on "add sounds" in the lower left corner, it should allow you to look at higher octaves. click on "add sounds" and then type in a number that is 24 greater than the number that is shown. That should increase the amount of notes and allow you to put star power on G#9.
nibbler234  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I make a big rock bonus, and a guitar and drum solo?
MCP  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nibbler234 wrote:

Guitar solo can be added in Feedback using the same note that corresponds to star power in guitar hero. Otherwise, you can add it in anvil by placing a note on G7, in which the entire note duration should encompass your solo section.

Drum fills are outlined on page 1 where you need to add a set of 5 notes on C10, C#10, D10, D#10, and E10 where you want your fill sections to be.

As for Big Rock Endings, search through the topics list under this forum, I believe it should be there. From what I remember, you need to do something similar to the drum fills (add on those 5 notes) but do it for all instruments, however long you want your ending for, but you also need to add a coda event at the beginning. I don't know for sure, but it is something like that.
BHK  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCP wrote:
nibbler234 wrote:

Guitar solo can be added in Feedback using the same note that corresponds to star power in guitar hero. Otherwise, you can add it in anvil by placing a note on G7, in which the entire note duration should encompass your solo section.

Drum fills are outlined on page 1 where you need to add a set of 5 notes on C10, C#10, D10, D#10, and E10 where you want your fill sections to be.

As for Big Rock Endings, search through the topics list under this forum, I believe it should be there. From what I remember, you need to do something similar to the drum fills (add on those 5 notes) but do it for all instruments, however long you want your ending for, but you also need to add a coda event at the beginning. I don't know for sure, but it is something like that.

For BRE's act like they are just long drum fills, but right when the BRE ends (you can look it up using your midi editor) in the event list put a coda event. In RB1 PS2 I never got BRE's to render correctly, they just seemed to render on half of the fretboard (a video I made that shows this can be seen here) but if you are using RB2 they work perfectly fine.

*ALSO* Drum Solos and Bass Solos can be added the same as Guitar Solo's even in RB1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: