FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A Guide to Creating Full Rock Band Custom Charts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MCP  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenji-kun wrote:
Oh, finally found Lyrics and ArkTool (in savefile doesnt work).
Now i'm ending the vocals track and about P1/P2 sections, how do I know where are A9 and Bflat9?

Use Anvil for lyrics, it should be in the drop down menu under "view." As for the A9/Bb9, they should be on the left side of the screen where it shows all the notes. If it doesn't go up high enough to get to A9, click on the "add sounds" button in the lower left portion and add enough notes to get to A9 and Bb9.
elijahstrobeck96  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i put the midi into the fofix songs folder, do i name the drums "drums.ogg"?
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the FoF forums for help on that.
needmorecowbell  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Something weird going on with my vocals Reply with quote

I'm having a weird problem with my vocal chart and cannot find an answer in searching the forum. I've read through the guides countless times, fixed other issues I had, but I can't figure this one out. Maybe I just need a fresh pair of eyes.

The problem I am having is that on certain phrases I'm getting a second bar at the bottom, so it looks like either you have to try and sing both notes, lol or like a second person would chim in and sing the bottom note. I wish you could do two mics, like Beetles, but hey. . .

Anyway that is the first issue (and I've gone over my charts looking for rouge notes, that are interferring, but can't find anything).
Second issue is, some of my words on the end of the phrase run into the first word of the next phrase, and I know for certain, each lyric is separated by an '=' sign, as I've double checked in Anvil.

I thought these issues might be phrase placement related, caused by my alternating A9 and Bflat lengths and placement, but I would think it would be consistent through the song if that were the case.

Would really appreciate any help on this. I can post the file there if anyone thinks they could help. Of course I'll have to figure out how to post a file (sorry, n00b member here). I wanna get the vocals working on this test song, so I can start charting vocals for the Tenacious D song I've charted the other instruments on.

*Oh and just something to chew on, those are actually A8 and Bflat notes for the P1/P2 sections, don't believe me? Go into the lyrics view, click on the properties and look at the note. I found this by accident. When I moved them to the A9 and Bflat, an octave higher, the custom wouldn't play. So just keep them right under C9, like the pic in the tutorial. But, I'm just throwing that out there.

Thanks again for any help/insight you can give.
EmoRockerJcL  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you Add a Guitar Solo in Rockband? With Feeback or Anvil?
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about feedback or anvil specifically, never used them, but guitar solos are marked by note 103 (G6) on the guitar track, just drag a note from where you want it to start to where you want it to end.
<Blehgopie> so its like GH guitar then
MCP  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Something weird going on with my vocals Reply with quote

needmorecowbell wrote:
*Oh and just something to chew on, those are actually A8 and Bflat notes for the P1/P2 sections, don't believe me? Go into the lyrics view, click on the properties and look at the note. I found this by accident. When I moved them to the A9 and Bflat, an octave higher, the custom wouldn't play. So just keep them right under C9, like the pic in the tutorial. But, I'm just throwing that out there.

Yes, right under C9, those are still A9,Bb9 and B9. Click on the sounds button at the lower left corner and look at how Anvil lays out the notes. The octaves start on A not C.

needmorecowbell wrote:
I'm having a weird problem with my vocal chart and cannot find an answer in searching the forum. I've read through the guides countless times, fixed other issues I had, but I can't figure this one out. Maybe I just need a fresh pair of eyes.

The problem I am having is that on certain phrases I'm getting a second bar at the bottom, so it looks like either you have to try and sing both notes, lol or like a second person would chim in and sing the bottom note. I wish you could do two mics, like Beetles, but hey. . .

Anyway that is the first issue (and I've gone over my charts looking for rouge notes, that are interferring, but can't find anything).
Second issue is, some of my words on the end of the phrase run into the first word of the next phrase, and I know for certain, each lyric is separated by an '=' sign, as I've double checked in Anvil.

I thought these issues might be phrase placement related, caused by my alternating A9 and Bflat lengths and placement, but I would think it would be consistent through the song if that were the case.

Hmm, I would double check to make sure you have no extra notes, but also check to make sure you are on the correct octaves. If your P1/P2 sections or specifically your OD markers are an octave too low, it might show up as an extra note rather than the OD. I did once have a problem with a lyric where the lyric showed up twice on the same note and I couldn't fix that. Maybe there is some glitch with Anvil.

As for the notes going past a phrase, try shortening those notes so they dont overlap the next phrase. I always like to use the "snap to grid" button on the Anvil toolbar. That makes it so no overlaps can happen. If that doesn't work, just extend your phrase P1/P2 section to encompass the end of that note and the next phrase will start after that.
oldkid  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
I've just bought RB2 for wii last week then I found this very useful tutorial to make customs songs. I want to do vocals only.

So, I jumped in and made one, but it keeps on crashing while loading.
I would like to have a little help here:
Does the song have to contain 5 tracks to be played?
Some of the notes in the song are higher than P1-P2. Can this be the cause of the crash?

By the way, here is my file. If someone could take a look at it and tell me what's wrong, it would be appreciated.

Last edited by oldkid on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
MCP  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldkid wrote:
Hi everyone!
I've just bought RB2 for wii last week then I found this very useful tutorial to make customs songs. I want to do vocals only.

So, I jumped in and made one, but it keeps on crashing while loading.
I would like to have a little help here:
Does the song have to contain 5 tracks to be played?
Some of the notes in the song are higher than P1-P2. Can this be the cause of the crash?

By the way, here is my file. If someone could take a look at it and tell me what's wrong, it would be appreciated.

Your P1/P2 sections are 3 octaves too low. It's crashing because it doesn't understand where the P1/P2 sections are. Move them up to A9 and Bb9 and you should be fine.
needmorecowbell  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Something weird going on with my vocals Reply with quote

MCP wrote:
needmorecowbell wrote:

Yes, right under C9, those are still A9,Bb9 and B9. Click on the sounds button at the lower left corner and look at how Anvil lays out the notes. The octaves start on A not C.

needmorecowbell wrote:

Hmm, I would double check to make sure you have no extra notes, but also check to make sure you are on the correct octaves. If your P1/P2 sections or specifically your OD markers are an octave too low, it might show up as an extra note rather than the OD. I did once have a problem with a lyric where the lyric showed up twice on the same note and I couldn't fix that. Maybe there is some glitch with Anvil.

As for the notes going past a phrase, try shortening those notes so they dont overlap the next phrase. I always like to use the "snap to grid" button on the Anvil toolbar. That makes it so no overlaps can happen. If that doesn't work, just extend your phrase P1/P2 section to encompass the end of that note and the next phrase will start after that.

Appreciate the response. Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. Ok, I've been working on the vocals, synching everything up and all (man so tedious) and have corrected a few of the issues, but I still have 2 spots were there is a long note on the bottom and continues for a phrase or two.

As far as what you mentioned as a possible cause, I have no OD notes put in yet (hadn't done that stage yet, saving for last), and I have no over lapping notes and no notes outside of the phrase markers (double-checked). I also checked the entire scale (128 notes) for a rouge note, but nothing. So, I don't know.

The first time it happens is in the begining, so very distracting. Here's what happens: intro starts, then about 2 measures before the lyrics start (no notes except the P1/P2 markers), bam, up pops a note tube, and continues along the bottom through the first two verses, then disappears. Everything's fine until 3/4 through the song and it happens again.

Like I said, I can post my file if you want. (just have to let me know how, not seeing a place to do that here)
oldkid  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved the notes up but it still crashes. I updated the link in my previous post.
Now, I'm gonna check for extra notes or overlapping ones.

edit: Ok, now I got it! I wasn't displaying enough notes in the Anvil window.
girldrummer  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an early question but I'd be interested to know. If we were to chart keyboards in feedback, would that work out for RB3?

EDIT: In other words, would there be an update to feedback that would allow us to have the ability to make keyboard charts?
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

girldrummer wrote:
This is an early question but I'd be interested to know. If we were to chart keyboards in feedback, would that work out for RB3?

EDIT: In other words, would there be an update to feedback that would allow us to have the ability to make keyboard charts?

Uh... sure, if you know the track name, notes to chart, difficulty areas (e.g. 96-100, etc.), where to chart Pro, where to chart normal, any needed events, and the like
inimitable  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible in theory? Sure.

But I wouldn't actually expect an update to Feedback.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
girldrummer  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
Is it possible in theory? Sure.

But I wouldn't actually expect an update to Feedback.

than I'm guessing there'd be some other software to use? either one that someone makes or one that's already around
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: