FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Green Grass and High Tides
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaYZaY  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always fail at 95%, i can hit those triplets =[.

I heard not to use the solo buttons. Good advice or bad?
DrewG  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Green Grass and High Tides Reply with quote

TJShultz wrote:
teamjimi wrote:
Yeah, I figured I kind of typed it all out wrong. Regardless, holding down green, and just working yellow/red in the proper pattern with my right hand worked wonders...but then again, I suppose...different strokes for different folks....

I spent about three hours in practice mode with this bastard last night, now I can pretty much get through both solos without having to use any overdrive, except for the bastard zig-zags. Worked on tapping those with the same method you seem to use (hold down green with left index, and then tap YR-RYR-RYR-RYR-RYR... with the right. I can FC the zig-zag parts on any speed up to 90%, but it all falls apart when I try to do it full speed. God damn this song.

I'm with you...I'm at the point where I just want some Gameshark shit to just pass it.
shawnoftheshred  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...just beat it. I've only had the game since Sunday, but that was epic. I do kind of wish there was a bit of leniency in the finger-tapping of the solo buttons, but still...

As for my tips -- solo buttons, keeping one finger held down on the lowest fret for the HO/PO sections, using OD at the middle of the first HO/PO section so that it carries into the second (with proper whammying), surviving the insane part right after the second HO/PO flurry, and getting OD after that to survive the final flurry.

Quick question -- is there any part in the solo where the band can save you? I am confident that I can do the endless setlist for every song but this one on expert. If I had that back-up, to get me through it, though, I'd have a lot of fun with it, I think...
GadeXTrigger  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if bass had OD then ur good lol but yea that is about it that can save u Bass SP but not drums or vocals

My Youtube page
www.youtube.com/GadeXTrigger
i dont have much up now but there is ALOT ALOT more to come
dcos15  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do is tap it with solo buttons:(red is index)

I hold green, tap red with my middle and tap yellow with my strumming index

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was five/gold starring songs until this point.

This was the first song I dipped into yellow and the first song I failed... twice! I got in on the third time though with 4 stars, killed my hand though, my wrist feels broken.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcos15 wrote:
What I do is tap it with solo buttons:(red is index)

I hold green, tap red with my middle and tap yellow with my strumming index

I just beat this song for the first time two nights ago, and I use the exact same fingering for the zig-zags - I tried several different finger positions and this works best for me. I realized I probably wouldn't be able to beat this song without the solo buttons so I went into practice mode for a half hour or so and got more comfortable with using them, and figured out a good way to hit the zig zags.

I use the solo buttons for the two zig zags, the first two sets of 4 descending notes (solo 2K and the first half of 2L), and the final fast triplets, and the regular fret buttons for everything else.

For K and L I just use one finger and slide it down the buttons, and for the final part, Solo 2M, I do this (the left hand stays on yellow and doesn't let go):

After alot of practice, I can usually get all the way to the final triplets without needing to use star power at all in the solo, which really helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: