FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CASHPRIZE Framingham, MA SAT 11/01/08 Rock Band 2 Tour 1pm!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: CASHPRIZE Framingham, MA SAT 11/01/08 Rock Band 2 Tour 1pm! Reply with quote

Framingham, MA SAT 11/01/08 Rock Band 2 Tournament 1pm!

Where: Game Universe 1251 Worcester Rd Framingham, MA 01701

When: 11/01/08 1pm

Age Limit: All Ages!

System: XBOX 360. All band members must play HARD or EXPERT

Instruments: Full Band Tournament IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BRING YOUR OWN GUITARS.

Admission Fee: $10 per person ($40 per band)

Tournament Format: We are switching back to our original format for this Tournament in the interest of time!

Teams will be randomly placed against each other in a one song at a time rock off. After Every band has played 6 matches the top 4 teams with the best records will go on to the finals. Each band will then pick 1 song for all 4 bands to play. You will get 3 points for first place, 2 points for second and 1 point for third. The team with the most points will then win the Tournament (this will also rank 2nd and 3rd). If there is a tie, there will be a 1 random song battle to determine the winner.

Prizes: CASH Store Takes 20% Venue Fee out of main pot Prizes 50% of Entrance Fees 1st Place 30% 2nd Place 20% 3rd Place We have TONS of video games for all systems for sale so there will be plenty to pick from if you win!

II: Contact Information

Phone Number: 508 370 4263

E-mail Address: Please Call or message on Myspace

The September Tournament was sick! Really, really close competition!

Please try to bring your own instruments!!!! This is HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

You are allowed to play in 2 bands as long as at least one person in that band wasn't in another band. This will ensure single people won't miss out and will make for a bigger prize pool!

EVERY SINGLE SONG THAT HAS EVER COME OUT THAT IS AVAILABLE TO PLAY IN ROCK BAND 2 is fair game. EVERY Rock Band 2 Song, EVERY Rock Band 1 song that is transferable, and EVERY DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT SONG! Except YYZ do to no vocals.

You also can not pick any song twice.

If bands are tied there is a 1 song playoff.

Last edited by GameUniverse on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Friedmannn  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet news about the every song thing. I'll be there no doubt, but without a singer again, so if you want come as a vocalist PM me I guess

I have a question about the instruments, are we allowed to bring our drum heads (like, just the head... not the stand) and use a stand that's for another kit that's already there? That will save me a lot of space because it usually takes a whole separate bag just for the rods and stuff.

I DID IT 4 TEH LULZ WILL WIN!

ERBiC  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetness. So far as I know, Death By Cowbell shall be attending.

Remember D-Unit? Yeah.

We've reorganized a bit, but I'm still drumming (muahaha*cough*) and we're still damn good. Looking forward to the competition.
boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i come with a drummer and a guitarist, do i get bonus points for singing AND playing bass?
it's fine if i don't, i'll just need a vocalist.

p.s., drummers are going to be given hell.
so far my main setlist is:
blinded by fear
everlong
won't get fooled again
and maybe some all that remains. well see
YES, YOU SHOULD BE AFRAID!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!
Friedmannn  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
if i come with a drummer and a guitarist, do i get bonus points for singing AND playing bass?

blinded by fear
everlong
won't get fooled again

I can five star all those songs easily (except Chiron and BBF), so HA! I might pick Visions just for you<3

Sonic3dx  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:

Well you don't get points for members you dont have. In order to enter the tournament you need to have a full band. There's plenty of time before the tournament so i'd start looking soon. Maybe even find someone here and practice together before the tourny.

boberta13k wrote:

blinded by fear
everlong
won't get fooled again

I fear no one
boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only problem is my drummer plays on ps3, so it's gonna be an interesting practice for him (if nyone is also on ps3, i think he's in 14th place for drums expert)
Sonic3dx  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Universe got the ion drum kit in last week. The tourney will probably be a fun time for all the competitive drummers to try it out.

Also want to remind folks that EVERY SONG that has even been released on Rock Band will be fair game in the tourney.
(only exceptions are those that didn't make the cut to Rock Band 2. i.e. Enter Sandman, Run to the Hills, and Paranoid.)

It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you bring your own instruments. Guitars, drums, even microphones. We will have stuff to use, but we can't guarantee that they will meet the standards of whatever you use at home.
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ION Kit is INSANE!!! I would recommend it to everyone! It's amazing to use the cymbals instead of the pads for different sounds!
Sonic3dx  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting to try the ION so badly! lol. Can't wait till i come back that weekend!
boberta13k  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any update in count of screens? the last competition took forever. i remember 2 screens, but there could have been more.
Friedmannn  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
any update in count of screens? the last competition took forever. i remember 2 screens, but there could have been more.

I'm guessing there will be 3 screens. The big main one that we used last time, the small monitor screen, and the other big screen that they couldn't get calibrated last time. I don't know what they use the other big screens for, or if they need them open for whatever reason, but they should just use the main one across the from the register, then two big ones on the side.

boberta13k  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i predict this tournament will go for 5 or 6 hours. (thats unless everyone just doesn't get up and leave because they know they'll have NO chance of winning )
boberta13k  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, just wondering if we can limit the sticks to two. i just wanna make this work in our favor for blinded by fear, and my buddy thinks it's unfair if there's a different number of sticks being used between bands.

thanks in advance.
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's the rule....

You must play your instrument by yourself.

You can not have 2 people playing drums.

You can not have someone holding the button on a guitar for you.

You can not switch off singing during the same song.

YOU CAN SWITCH WHAT INSTRUMENT YOU PLAY SONG TO SONG.

So you can play guitar one song and bass another but there is only 4 people allowed in a band at maximum.

You can have a 3 member band with someone that sings and plays an instrument but this has been friggin disastrous for people that have tried it before.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: