FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
multitasking is hard!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: multitasking is hard! Reply with quote

especially on sightread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4gW2D6u6B8
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Macaron11
Zillatron  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful man. You sound so confused xD
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ActAppalled16
CryofthePlanet  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao. Oh man, that was hilarious... Wish I had Rock Band. As hard as it looks, I think I'd like to try that...

Try some other kind of multitasking. Like...drums and bass, or drums and guitar! Play the guitar as normal, and the drums with your...feet? Heh, I dunno.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
freebones  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats almost like what happened to me, i had a mic stand so i played welcome home hard drums and sang on medium and failed about two minutes into the song only becasue there are no vocals in the beginning for like a minute

[X] 5* all career songs on expert (Raining Blood)
[ ] get harmonix to make an avenged sevenfold pack availible
[X] get around to completeing vocals on hard
Ghazken  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I haven't had the balls to try doubling up yet, so I don't have any room to talk, but dude, that was fricken hilarious. My wife actually came into my den to see what I was laughing my ass of at.

Pure Gold.
Zephyron  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm scared to multitask on anything beyond bass+vocals. I'd die on drums and I don't think I could do most of the guitar parts. It's actually quite funny, I made a crap mic stand using a stool and 2 tissue boxes.

One of the tissue boxes has since disappeared so I need to find another one. That or get a real mic stand.
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mic stand is coming tomorrow so I'm going to be attempting this. But for now it will be stuck to drums and singing which will be interesting for me. I'm sure hilarity will ensue
RedTsunami  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was epic. best part: "IAH'M IN LOOOOOOooOOo00oVEE!!! at about :50.

You're sick.
1. [] 5* TtFatF (only 4* so far)
2. [X] Beat expert drums before kick pedal breaks.
3. [X] Beat expert 5* guitar (Nov 3rd, 2007)
4. X[] Get sigged (WOOT! [damn, I missed])
SIG COUNT: 3 times! <o_0<
parodygm  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, that was classic. I've had a go with guitar/vox and bass/vox and if you don't know the song well it's trouble.

I'd like to see everyone's creative makeshift mic stands: mine was my wife's easel and some of her hair ties!
dragoon013  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, you certainly picked one of the hardest songs to guitar/vocal at the same time. You didn't get far enough to see it, but there's singing during the major guitar solos, making this song the one that would definitely be the final challenge if there was a guitar+vocal tour.
Shortmann  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually tried that out the other day, nearly failed a few times on Guitar, but pulled it through. So far, with Guitar and vocals on Hard, I've been able to do: "Welcome Home," "Cherub Rock," "Train Kept A Rollin,'" "Enter Sandman," "Creep," and "Synchronicity II" (but by mumbling at the right pitch). I think I did "Tom Sawyer," but can't remember.

I tried it out on Drums...quite a bit harder. Expert drums and hard vocals: "Enter Sandman" and "Creep," and on Hard Drums and Hard Vocals: "Cherub Rock."

I bought a mic stand, so I think I'm going to try and start my own Band, in hopes of one day doing the Endless Setlist...solo. *snickers* Like that'll ever happen! But yah, multitasking is hella hard, and if you do not know the song, then it's really not possible.
Ghazken  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally gave it a shot.

On Hard/Hard I was able to beat Say it Ain't So, In Bloom, and Enter Sandman on Lead Guitar/Vox.

I tried it on Expert/Expert and failed Say it Ain't So, so I'm not quite there yet, but definitely working on it.
iagomonk  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parodygm wrote:
I'd like to see everyone's creative makeshift mic stands: mine was my wife's easel and some of her hair ties!

For a while, before I bought a proper mike stand, I hung the mike cord over my shoulder and leaned my head to one side, kind of talking into my collar.

But, a double-solo campaign can be a lot of fun when you know the songs! I got my one-man-band up into the Medium fan cap the first night.
youhas  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iagomonk wrote:
For a while, before I bought a proper mike stand, I hung the mike cord over my shoulder and leaned my head to one side, kind of talking into my collar.

Heh - I'm still doing this for my mutli-instrumenting performances. Lord knows it must look ridiculous... but hey, it's effective enough!

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
MasterBlaster  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh heh...that was freakin' hilarious. Multitasking is hard but it's a lot of fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: