FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
JSHManager 0.3.6 - RB4/GHL Support! - Manage Scores Locally and Upload to SH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: I guess they fixed it. It should be fine now.

i just noticed the new rush/etc. dlc is on a separate tier at the top of the page.

this seriously messes up jshmanager and if you try to download the song data right now stuff is likely to get screwed up.

if you have previously downloaded the score data and don't need to enter scores for the new dlc, it should still be ok.

if it stays this way or if the tiers could change order in the future i'll have to rewrite some parts of jshmanager to account for it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a great program, thanks for all your time and effort in developing it!

DarylZero  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with login issues should ensure that they are typing their username exactly as it appears on ScoreHero. I would have to type "DarylZero", as opposed to "darylzero", for example.

I have corrected this bug for the next release.

If you still are getting an error about something, please click "Upload for Debugging..." from the Help -> View Log menu and copy and paste the URLs in your reply. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only uploaded 34 of the 84 scores I've entered.

UPDATE: I reentered the remaining 50 scores and tried again. This time it only uploaded about 20, and it picked them randomly from each tier. I reentered yet again, but only the ones from the 3rd and 4th hardest tiers. Those uploaded okay. Then the same with the 2 hardest.
My guess is the program tries to send them all at once instead of one at a time? Maybe it should upload in chunks instead.
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I think some of my RB2 scores were not uploaded as well.

It actually does upload them individually (there is no way to upload multiple scores simultaneously). It also pauses after every 5 scores uploaded for 2 seconds to try not to spam SH.

I think the issue is that I'm not completely sure how to verify that a score was uploaded successfully in a reasonable way.

I could download the scores page after each score is submitted but that would be time consuming when submitting many scores. I could download the scores page after all scores are submitted but that has issues if you submit multiple scores for one song.

My only guess is that the insert_score.php page contains "window.close()" after a score is inserted (since the window is closed automatically) but I haven't made JSHManager check this due to my uncertainty.

What I'm planning to do in the next version is check for "window.close()" and if it's there will assume the upload succeeded. If it is not there I will flag the score's status as unknown, instead of submitted and on the score upload wizard will add a checkbox to re-upload any scores with an unknown status. I can also add a thing to verify that existing scores in JSHManager exist on ScoreHero. This could cause issues if you've submitted more than your score limit when scores have actually been submitted but were deleted due to inserting a new score. I'll have to think about how to do that effectively.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylZero wrote:
Anyone with login issues should ensure that they are typing their username exactly as it appears on ScoreHero. I would have to type "DarylZero", as opposed to "darylzero", for example.

I have corrected this bug for the next release.

If you still are getting an error about something, please click "Upload for Debugging..." from the Help -> View Log menu and copy and paste the URLs in your reply. Thanks.

So I needed to capitalize the B... *feels a little silly*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding un-uploaded scores:

I've added the code to check for "window.close()" and have been testing it by uploading 20 scores at a time. there are usually 1 or 2 that fail to upload. When that happens no error is reported, ScoreHero simply returns a blank page. My guess is that SH is thinking it's being spammed so I need to tweak my settings for throttling the uploads. I at least tried to account for this ;)

The changes I've made have been successful in identifying the issue and I've set it up to allow you to re-upload those scores.

I'll release a new version with these fixes after I do some more testing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Glad my input proved helpful.
That1kid  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just used this program today and it worked like a charm. Thanks A LOT for making this, it's pretty sweet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for 0.2.2
Home Page
Download

Please let me know if it is properly detecting songs that fail to upload and allowing you to upload them again (you have to check the checkbox in the score upload wizard).

Version 0.2.2
-------------
- Corrected a bug that prevented you from logging in if you did not
enter your username /exactly/ as it appeared on ScoreHero.
- Clicking a blue, underlined score (or the open button next to the image
URL in the editor) will now open an internal picture viewer instead of
launching an external browser, if possible.
- Added better detection for determining if a score submission was successful.
Scores can be resubmitted if it is not certain they were submitted initially.
These scores will be highlighted red instead of blue to indicate their
status.
- Added "Go to Song" item to the main "Scores" menu and the score editor.

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just updated to the latest version, but I'm wondering when the last lot of downloads will be added to the list?

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
craventrio  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
I've just updated to the latest version, but I'm wondering when the last lot of downloads will be added to the list?

When you go to Rock Band, Song Data, Download in the program (this gets the latest list directly from the SH web site, so you won't ever need to get updates to the program unless SH changes dramatically, or you want any improved features)
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste, craventrio's pretty much got it.

JSHManager is not distributed with song data. You must download it yourself. It is automatically downloaded the first time you download your scores but after that you will need to manually download the song data again when there is new DLC.

In order to update the song data, you must first view any song data for the rb game (1 or 2) or view any scores for the rb game. Otherwise the Download menu item will be disabled because it doesn't know which game to download the song data for. I should make an improvement to this.

Next go to Rock Band -> Song Data -> Download. A progress dialog will show up. Note it can take a little while to complete. Just be patient.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is a very convenient program, and I've been using it for all my score entering lately, but there is one cosmetic bug that I think is a little annoying...

When I open the program, I often go to Firefox or whatever web browser I'm using at that time and go to surf. BUT, the splash screen while JSHManager is loading up plants itself right in the middle of my screen.

Is there any way that the splash screen can appear in the background if the window is not active?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's actually relatively minor for me to change, just a matter of setting it to not be always on top. i just have to make sure that it does get seen initially so that it's obvious you have successfully launched the program in the first place. i know i hate when i double click an icon and nothing happens so you double click it again and you end up with 2 instances. always on top ensures that without any extra effort but obviously is always on top.

i'll see what i can do, but i'm not going to make a new release just for that of course ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: