FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calibration nightmares...please help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Calibration nightmares...please help. Reply with quote

Alright. So here's my story.

I have a PS3. I have perfect calibration with it. My settings are 20 audio, 0 video. These settings work great for both RB and GH5.

I recently got a 360. For GH5, the settings work great. For RB though...they don't. I've spent the past few hours getting them to work, and I think I've figured out video but I can't get audio to work. AT ALL.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I've used several videos on youtube to help me.

I'm using the same HDTV for both consoles, if it matters at all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a standard CRT and still have to use 35/20 calibration. Try that (or 35/40 - since your old set up required 0/20) Give it a shot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this.
Pas26  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing you can do to center the note in the middle of the window is to figure out the lowest calibration possible that will let you hit the center of the note, and the highest one that'll let you do the same thing. The center of the timing window has to be right in the center of these two.

After that, stop looking directly at the fretboard and start playing to the sound. You might want to find someone who will check if you are playing the notes late or not.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosxreigns wrote:
Try this.

I'd never seen that, just watched it and I'll have to try it later. Mine is definitely off (have to play early) and I couldn't get it right so I just played like that. That vid has a couple things I hadn't tried, hopefully it helps.

Edit: lol inactive photobucket account ftw
Yewb  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your calibration for guitar, drums and vocals are likely to all be entirely different. If you're switching instruments, that will cause problems.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you're playing on a totally different system using different peripherals. The settings are bound to be different. That video is very, very helpful. You can use the auto calibration with the RB2 guitar as a starting point and see how it plays, and adjust manually from there.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: