FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PS2 to PS3 where to start for RB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sankone  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: PS2 to PS3 where to start for RB Reply with quote

i have the PS2 currently with RB1&2, track packs 1,2,metal

i want to upgrade to the PS3 to get more songs through DLC and play online with others.

i'm picking up PS3 slim this week and i bought RB2 last week when it was on sale for $20. do i have to purchase RB1 to get those songs or are they available as DLC. and what the deals with beatles & lego RB can i DL those as well or do i have to buy the game itself to play or get the songs i really want.

is there anything i should be aware of before i purchase PS3 and start DL songs?

thanks for any info
Incognito  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: PS2 to PS3 where to start for RB Reply with quote

sankone wrote:

i'm picking up PS3 slim this week and i bought RB2 last week when it was on sale for $20. do i have to purchase RB1 to get those songs or are they available as DLC.

You don't need to buy RB1, but you will need a RB1 disc, either borrow or rent a copy, put it in your machine, and pay for the export and the songs will d/l to your hard drive.

Quote:

and what the deals with beatles & lego RB can i DL those as well or do i have to buy the game itself to play or get the songs i really want.

The beatles tracks are non-exportable, you can export Lego RB but you WILL need to buy the disc, it has a special code needed for the export inside the case. You will also have to pay to export the lego tracks
Quote:

is there anything i should be aware of before i purchase PS3 and start DL songs?

thanks for any info

It's highly addictive.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: PS2 to PS3 where to start for RB Reply with quote

Incognito wrote:
sankone wrote:

It's highly addictive.

Very much this.

He is correct in the other things he is telling you as well, but suddenly being able to play with other people can become very addicting very quickly. The DLC, as well. That was my original reason for upgrading to PS3 myself. I didn't think I would care about playing online, but I was wrong.

If you are new to playing online, I suggest searching SH posts for things like "playing online" and "online etiquette." If you are playing full band, the main thing you need to know is to take turns on lead guitar with the other person unless they or you specifically say they want bass on everything. It's not quite as bad now that you can talk to each other in RB2, but that's still usually the biggest faux pas you'll find in online play.

Speaking of talking, you can use your RB mic to talk to other people while playing online. A lot of people don't know that, but you don't need one of the fancy bluetooth headsets in order to do it.

If you ever have a quick question about playing on PS3 that doesn't necessarily need a new forum topic, feel free to PM me. I'm happy to help you out. And welcome to PSN.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Icemage  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also note that you can't use your PS2 Rock Band discs for anything. You can't export songs off of any PS2 Rock Band disc.

You can, however, freely use all your PS2 Rock Band instruments on PS3 without any problems.
Rapstah  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I'm curious and it sort of relates to the topic, do the (PS3) track packs export like RB1 or LRB?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapstah wrote:
Because I'm curious and it sort of relates to the topic, do the (PS3) track packs export like RB1 or LRB?

Neither. You get a code to redeem on PSN (applies to AC/DC, Track Pack 2, Country, Metal on PS3).

LEGO had you go through the export page on the official site which gave you the key which opened the option in the LEGO Music Store to buy the exports. RB1 requires the purchase of the export key on PSN.
sankone  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the info, much appreciated

so basically i can export all songs from RB1 and certain trackpacks, but i need to purchase the export rights and is that $ per song or $ per game?

also is there instruction on how to do this when i get my ps3 and sign up to the PS network?

i will definitly search the forum for online etiquette, good tip

thats good about being able to use the ps2 instruments for ps3 i would hate to buy all of them again

and woozerkristen i may be pm'ing you for so tips and know how after i get my ps3 friday(payday )
cbar323  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sankone wrote:

so basically i can export all songs from RB1 and certain trackpacks, but i need to purchase the export rights and is that $ per song or $ per game?

Per game 5 dollars for RB1 and 10 dollars for LRB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sankone wrote:

so basically i can export all songs from RB1 and certain trackpacks, but i need to purchase the export rights and is that $ per song or $ per game?also is there instruction on how to do this when i get my ps3 and sign up to the PS network?

i will definitly search the forum for online etiquette, good tip

thats good about being able to use the ps2 instruments for ps3 i would hate to buy all of them again

and woozerkristen i may be pm'ing you for so tips and know how after i get my ps3 friday(payday )

Exports are paid for per-game/disc.

The method varies a bit depending on which disc you're working with.

Rock Band 1 Export
To export Rock Band 1, you need a working internet connection for your PS3, a Rock Band 1 disc (rented/borrowed is OK for RB1), and a PlayStation Network account funded with at least $5.

Stick the RB1 disc in, and let it update. Then use the PS button on the controller to quit the game, and go to the PlayStation Store. In the Store, go to Add-Ons > PS3 > By Alpha > R > Rock Band. At the end of the list, you'll find the "Rock Band Export Key". Buy that, download and install it. Exit the Store, and go back and start up Rock Band 1 again. This time, at the main menu, select Options > Export Songs. Wait 20 minutes or so while it exports the songs to the hard drive, and you're done.

AC/DC, Country, Metal, Track Pack 2 Export: (note: Track Pack 1 was never released for PS3 or Xbox 360)

All four of these games must be purchased NEW in their original factory wrappers. Do NOT buy these discs used or rent them; there is a one-use-only code on the back of the manual of each of these games, and you will not get an unused code with a rental or used disc. The going rate in the US for these discs is about $20, so this is a great way to catch up on your DLC without breaking the bank too much.

To get these exports:
Go to the PlayStation Store. In the upper right corner of the interface (use the D-Pad or the analog stick) to find the item called "Redeem Codes".

In the 3 windows provided, enter the 12 character code found on the back of the manual. It should look like XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

This will add the export to your downloads list. Download, install, done. Note that there is no additional cost to export a Track Pack; you just need a new copy of the game with the export code.

LEGO Rock Band
This is the oddball one. There is a separate flyer with a code inside the LEGO Rock Band box (again, like the Track Packs, do NOT buy this game used/rent it). You need $10 of funds in your PSN account.

Go to http://www.rockband.com/lego-export

Type in the code on the flyer into that page on the official site, and make sure you select the correct console (PS3 in your case). This will give you a code which you then Redeem (see above), for an Export Key, which is then downloaded and installed.

After the LEGO Export Key is installed, put the LEGO Rock Band disc into the PS3, start up the game and go into the LEGO Rock Band Music Store option in the game menu. If the key is installed, the "purchase Export" option will appear for $10. Buy it, download, install, done.
sankone  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW11!!!111!!!!!

thanks for the detailed steps Icemage, they will come in handy since i'm such a noob with the ps3 atthis point in time.

this will be a great way to start building up my song library
sankone  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well upgraded today to the 120GB PS3.
and had my RB2 ready to go

after about 2hr of setting up playing around and everything i can't seem to get my RB2 calibrated correctly.

it seemed i was hitting alittle late so i calibrated, things got worse then calibrated again got alittle better then worse, etc.......

every time i calibrate i get a diferent result any crazy results at that anywhere from 104 to 45 for audio and 80 to 32 for video. i can't get this calibration right.

also i forgot that i have to go throught the whole tour thing again to get all the songs unlocked

its going to be a long night..............
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use this to calibrate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZdZX9f_-U

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i saw that before and will give it a try

also i think i'm having buyers remorse i bought the 120GB but was thinking if i should have picked the 250 instead.

how many songs can i store on the 120GB PS3 slim?

there isn't any slots for a memory card or anything is there for the ps3 slim, right?
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sankone wrote:

also i think i'm having buyers remorse i bought the 120GB but was thinking if i should have picked the 250 instead.

there isn't any slots for a memory card or anything is there for the ps3 slim, right?

From what I've heard, ALL of the RB DLC is only around 20GB at max.
bisq  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sankone wrote:

I wouldn't worry, you can always upgrade your harddrive later. I just upgraded to a 500gb drive and it was really easy.

As for how many songs you can store, I think you'll be ok for a while. I just recently filled up my 80 gig drive but I have all the DLC and 5-6 other games on there.

Straight J.U.I.C.E. Accomplishments
My Twitter / My Facebook
All DLC for RB2 and TBRB and RBN (ps3)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: