FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Content Deleted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: This post has been deleted. Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
NoPance  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all can I'd imagine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Sweet666  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine your final score has a lot to do with it as well, so optimal overdrive paths could be the answer to getting these gold stars. I'd agree that it's possible on all songs, as i've gotten them of In Bloom, Say it ain't so, and Timmy and The Lords of the Underworld.

NoPance  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
NoPance wrote:

Nah, they can't. Only some songs can be, cuz i've 100%ed most songs on drums i've played so far, and i only got gold on one.

Yeah, but just because you FCed the song doesn't mean your score is optimal. That's certainly true in most of the GH FCs to date--there are gaps sometimes as big as 15-25k between two 100% runs just from SP choices or squeezing.

I just can't imagine that while designing the score caps in the solo drum career that they'd arbitrarily make some songs gold starable and some not. I think it's just a really high-set bar to make the achievement worth something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u save ur overdrive instead of j ust activating it everytime u have one of those fills, ur score tends to get higher, i played some guy online (forget which song, on hard) and he 100% it with one extra hit, i missed 4 notes (99%) but used a different path than him, actually i just waited one extra drum fill to activate it, and i beat him in tug o war with my bar almost full...weird but i was happy n he was pissed
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. Drums and OD are very weird
You can only use it at the drum fills which sometimes take awhile to come up.
And I actually noticed the fills arent always empty spots. If you had no OD, im fairly certain there would have been notes there, so in some cases you now have less notes to hit if you opt to save it, so you really need to make sure you pop em at 4x.

I only got about 30 or 35k on wavew of mutilation on hard, and barely 4*. i tried again, got up to 51k or so, still 4*s.

The only 2.8x multiplier is obviously not the factor now.
I think 5* is really 2x the 4* score comparing to my wave of mutilation score. And if thats true, then the gold star aka 6* might be 2x the 5* score, very very high.
Hence Im not sure you can gold star anything not on expert. Not enough notes and chances for points.
Cliff  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not quite 2x. If the 5* score is 75k, then the 6* (gold star) isn't 150k, it's usually around 118-125k.

EDIT:
Here's the cutoffs for Brainpower on Expert Guitar.

1 star: 3075-3175
2 stars: 6775 - 6875
3 stars: 11475 - 11575
4 stars: 27559 - 27659
5 stars: 45629 - 46029
6 stars: Around 70k

4 stars is more than double 3, 2 is a little more than double 1... I'm not sure of the math here, but someone will get it eventually.
Shortmann  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even know Gold Stars existed, and I've nearly FC'd all of Medium, and the first half of Hard.
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortmann wrote:
I didn't even know Gold Stars existed, and I've nearly FC'd all of Medium, and the first half of Hard.

From what I've gathered, you can only get gold stars on expert. I'm not 100% sure though, so if that's wrong, somebody tell me.
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got it on I Think I'm Paranoid, and got em somewhere in thr 140-142k range, didn't see exactly.
someguy913  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghozt360 wrote:
if u save ur overdrive instead of j ust activating it everytime u have one of those fills, ur score tends to get higher, i played some guy online (forget which song, on hard) and he 100% it with one extra hit, i missed 4 notes (99%) but used a different path than him, actually i just waited one extra drum fill to activate it, and i beat him in tug o war with my bar almost full...weird but i was happy n he was pissed

From my experience this seems to be somewhat true. It really is very similar to the SP path theory for GH: use star power/overdrive on the sections with the most notes. So, saving your overdrive until you have a full bar each time you activate will not necessarily give you the optimial path; it depends on the song structure. At the same time, if you save the overdrive, the fill sections you bypass in favor of a later activation are overwriting other notes (though the fill sections would still be there, assuming you had overdrive available ) What I've been tempted to do, but haven't yet, is pick a song I want to find the optimal path for, and play through it without using any overdrive, but still hitting all of the energy phrases (?). This would show me all of the spots that are potential fill sections. Count the number and placement of energy phrases, and figure out which fill sections come before the places with the most notes. In my on-the-fly pathmaking, I've found that a combination of immediate and delayed activations usually lead to gold-stars.

Of course, I'm just as new at this as anyone else. I'm sure someone else probably has better thoughts on drum overdrive path-ing. I was a horrible star path-er for GH.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've gold starred Enter Sandman, Main Offender, and Fortunate Son. All were 99% within the top 10. In fact-- I think im one below you sskitzo ;) GT = dstryr420
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someguy913 wrote:
ghozt360 wrote:

From my experience this seems to be somewhat true. It really is very similar to the SP path theory for GH: use star power/overdrive on the sections with the most notes. So, saving your overdrive until you have a full bar each time you activate will not necessarily give you the optimial path; it depends on the song structure. At the same time, if you save the overdrive, the fill sections you bypass in favor of a later activation are overwriting other notes (though the fill sections would still be there, assuming you had overdrive available ) What I've been tempted to do, but haven't yet, is pick a song I want to find the optimal path for, and play through it without using any overdrive, but still hitting all of the energy phrases (?). This would show me all of the spots that are potential fill sections. Count the number and placement of energy phrases, and figure out which fill sections come before the places with the most notes. In my on-the-fly pathmaking, I've found that a combination of immediate and delayed activations usually lead to gold-stars.

Of course, I'm just as new at this as anyone else. I'm sure someone else probably has better thoughts on drum overdrive path-ing. I was a horrible star path-er for GH.

I dont know what the actual number is, but when you have an SP ready to activate, doesnt the fill come up like every 4-8 bars depending on the song? I used this to exploit the part i was having trouble with on Dont Fear the Reaper X. heh
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
NoPance wrote:

Nah, they can't. Only some songs can be, cuz i've 100%ed most songs on drums i've played so far, and i only got gold on one.

I remember when I first got to ScoreHero.

My I Love Rock n Roll score is going to be awesome! I got 100%!

...ranked 95th? What the...

Yeah. There's a lot more to it than just how many notes you hit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: